Chapter 129: The Menas in Puerto Rico (Part IV): The Battle Was Lost

(This update is in memory to my Uncle Billy who died yesterday morning. Rest in Paradise Uncle you will be missed and I love you.)

Cyn

    Today was a bittersweet day. Erica and Jordin was walking around sulking like they have been for the past two days ago. If y'all haven't gotten the news Lito passed away the same day he went into the hospital. Lela is doing pretty well so you could tell that they have been preparing for this for a while now. I called the kids school to tell their teachers what was going on. They are suppose to start school soon but Erica wanted to stay a little longer and who am I to argue. The kids have been trying to get Erica and Jordin out of the funk they are in but nothing is working. Sonia is taking it pretty well since Daddy Brian has been by her side. I walked in the room to see how Lela was doing and she was just laying there looking through old pictures.

Lela: Hey sweetie. Come on. *patting on the bed beside her*

Cyn: *climbing in bed with Lela* I don't know what else to do Lela. *voice cracking* Its like I'm losing her. *laying her head in Lela's lap*

Lela: *rubbing Cyn's head* Its ok sweetie. She haven't came to grips with it yet. You need to give her some tough love. Cause has she start lashing out yet?

Cyn: Yes.

Lela: Then lash out with her but you need to take her to what's she's really mad at.

Cyn: But I don't know what's she's mad at.

Lela: Feel her pain and you will figure out what's she's really mad at.

Cyn: Ok.

Lela: Look at me Cynthia.

Cyn: *holding her head up*

Lela: Be her rock cause I've seen what you are really capable of. If anybody could get her and Tink out of this its you.

Cyn: *tears falling* Ok. I'll try.

Lela: *wiping Cyn's face* Don't cry sweetie. She will come around soon.

Cyn: You seem at peace. How is that possible?

Lela: I have shed all the tears I could. I have accepted this a long time ago. I'm at peace cause I know my husband is at peace and isn't in any pain. Once they realize that then they can be at peace with it too.

Cyn: I'm gonna try to get them there.

*Jas ran in the room crying.*

Jas: *crying* Mama?

Cyn: What's wrong sweetie?

Jas: Mommy told me to get out and leave her alone. *crying hard* Mommy don't love me no more.

Cyn: THAT'S IT! THIS ENDS NOW. *picking up Jas* Don't cry sweetie. Mommy do love you she just isn't herself right now. Go play with your brothers and sisters while I go talk to Mommy. *putting her down*

Jas: *sniffling* Ok. *walking out the room*

*Cyn walked in the room and saw Jordin and Erica in the bed together. She was gonna get them to some point where they are amongst the living.*