Chapter 90: The Menas in Paris (Part II): Missing Our Babies

Erica

I left and saw my daddy sitting at the table looking good actually. He was dressed down and had on a black fitted and sunglasses. I can't believe I actually got to see him after all of this time. I know my mom misses him but she won't admit it cause she's stubborn. He saw me walking in and smiled. I just lit up and walked to him giving him the biggest hug.

Saunders: Hey munchkin. Where is your friend?

Erica: Hey daddy. Cyn is back at the hotel.

Saunders: Oh ok. I guess I'll see her another time. She's a really great friend you better hold onto her cause great friends are hard to come by.

Erica: Trust me, she will be my best friend forever.

Saunders: Good. Now what's been going on with you?

Erica: Nothing really just being a mom and working.

Saunders: That's nice. How is King doing now?

Erica: He is good. You know he's nine now.

Saunders: Nine? Good god I have missed a lot. Sometimes I wished I never would have joined the army but I had to take care of my family. Them 9 to 5 jobs wasn't making a way for us. I'm sor...

Erica: Don't you dare apologize for doing what you had to do to make a better life for us. We still love you and we are just waiting for you to return home safely.

Saunders: *smiling* Thanks munchkin. So how is your mom doing? I miss her so much.

Erica: She is fine and she miss you too but she is so stubborn that she can't admit it.

Saunders: How is Jordin and Javier?

Erica: Well Jordin is fine and I haven't seen Javier since you left.

Saunders: Have y'all tried calling him?

Erica: Yea he changed his number but he hated that you left and he said he didn't want to stay anymore so he left the week after you did. He said all the men in his life always leaves him so he said he's gonna leave so no one else can leave him.

Saunders: I gotta find him. When I get to New...

Erica: We don't live in New York anymore.

Saunders: Where do you live?

Erica: Miami.

Saunders: No wonder you are so tanned. Well I can't wait to see what Miami is like. I can't wait to see King also cause I know he is crazy handsome.

Erica: I can't wait for you to see him too.

Saunders: I got something to tell you though.

Erica: What?

Saunders: Well, you remembered when my general called for me?

Erica: Yea.

Saunders: Well he told me that I won't be leaving in four months.

Erica: *tearing up* Then when are you leaving?

Saunders: *wiping her face and smiling* In three weeks.

Erica: *smiling hard* Really?

Saunders: Yes he said I have served my time and I can leave in three weeks.

Erica: *hugging him tight* I can't wait for you to come home. Hey dad whatever happened to your son Alex?

Saunders: I don't know but I talked to his mom and she said he lives with her family. I gotta find him too.