Chapter 47: I Knew That Our Love Was Just A Car Crash Away

Start from the beginning

“wow you don’t sound good are you ok?”

“yea, I’m just…a little sick”

“oh that sucks, well I just called to let you know that Kimberly just had the baby!”

“oh fuck really?!”

“yup! We’re in the waiting room waiting to see Kimberly and the baby now”

“that’s awesome! You know what I’m gonna get there as fast as I can, I’ll go to the airport right now, do you think you can let my dad know?”

“um sure but what about Joey haven’t you seen him yet?”

“oh don’t worry I already saw him”

“oh well ok! See you later then”

“yea, bye” I said hanging up. I sighed and wiped the tears away then stood up and walked out of the bathroom where everyone was sitting at the living room.

“Wednesday?” I said

“yea” he said

“I have to get back to California”

“are you sure?”

“yea, I have to go before Joey tries to look for me and besides Amii just called me to tell me that Kimberly just had the baby and I wanna see”

“awww she did?!” Yvonne said

“yea” I said

“well we’re going too” Wednesday said

“no its ok you guys stay here and I’ll just go by myself my dads gonna pick me up and besides I want some time alone for right now”

“but we can’t just leave you alone!” Eric said

“yea your dad told Eric and I to take care of you” Wednesday said

“yea or he’d kill us” Eric said making a weird face.

“its ok guys, I’ll be ok and you guys can be spend some time with the girls” I said laughing

“fiiiiine!” Wednesday said trying to look disappointed

“but we’re driving you!” Eric said

“sounds good to me—now lets go!” I said as I grabbed my bag and then we all went outside and into the car. When we arrived at the airport, Wednesday, Yvonne, Eric, and Stephanie walked me into the airport, and then we said our goodbyes and I went on the plane. The whole plane ride was boring, but I couldn’t get Joey out of my thoughts, nothing in the world could ever make me take Joey back after what he just did, but I wasn’t sure what to do. After a while of thinking, I eventually fell asleep and when the plane landed, I woke up to a stewardess tapping me. I rolled my eyes and made my way out of the plane and into the airport, I grabbed my bag from the place where they keep all the other bags and then I started looking around for my dad, hopefully Amii remembered to tell him. Then after awhile of looking I finally found a familiar face—Twiggy.

“hey kiddy!” he said happily as he went over to hug me

“hey!” I said hugging him back

“so hows it feel like to travel from California to North Carolina and then back to California in one day?!”

“exhausting!” I said making him laugh, then took my bag from me and then we started to walk out of the airport. I got in the passengers seat while Twiggy sat in the drivers seat.

“so hows it feel to be a dad now?” I asked

“great!” he said proudly as he started the car making me laugh, then he started driving. The whole drive was quiet, I just stared out the window looking at moon.