Chapter 51: The Heart

Start from the beginning

         "I can not believe this is happening," White freaked., starting to hyperventilate. "We're going to have to wipe the whole slate clean. We'll have to abandon the Earth, undoing all the good that we've done."

             Siren was really starting to lose it. He was meagerly hyperventilating and panic. Phantom and Nightwing caught him as he fell backwards.

           "He's having a panic attack," Dick quickly figured out. "What do we do?"

            "I thought those were over," Gar says. "He hasn't had one in months."

        "It wasn't just the kidnapping and torture they put us through that caused them, Gar," Danny explained. "He's been having them since we were kids."

           "I remember that," Dick said. "He had one an hour before he first preformed in front of a crowd. That's when I gave him the lyre, to calm him down by reminding him that we'll always be there for him."

           "I don't think a necklace will work this time," Erica crossed her arms.

           "Erica," the other two vampires warned.

            "I think that I can help," Jaime said, stepping up.

             "No offense, Jaime, but what can you do," Danny asked.

          Nightwing and Aqualad could not help but smirk as Beetle approached Siren. He bent down by his boyfriend. His helmet deformed and went back into the armor.

         "Gold, it's Jaime," he told the panicking siren. "Everything will be alright. Your home is going to be fine. You, your brother, all the mystics and ghosts will be safe. We will do everything in our power to keep all of you safe. I promise."

              Siren looked at his boyfriend, the tears streaming down his face. He was starting to calm down. But he was still not completely cooling down.

             "P...please," he pleaded.

            "I know one thing that has always helped you," Jaime says.

             He leaned down and kissed him, in front of everyone else. Miss.Martian started to fangirl. Nightwing and Aqualad both had looks that say "knew it." Phantom looked ready to faint. Lena was a giggling mess. Alain, Sarah, and the other mystics were all nodding in approval. Red Arrow was stunned. Superboy's face was more like "meh," as if he knew already. How he did, they didn't want to know.

            Siren had fully calmed down, because of the kiss. His tears stopped.

           "Uh... Jaime," White said. "You're terrible at keeping secrets."

            "Don't ever scare me, like that, again," Jaime said, hugging him.

            "Okay," White snickered. "Next time I have a panic attack, you'll be the first I call."

           "Let me be the first to say, what the heck just happened," Roy asked the now reveled couple. "When did you two get together?"

           "Uh... Christmas," Jaime shrugged.

           "If it's been almost six months, I think you can keep a secret just fine," Juliet said. "Also, no fair. I've only had my brother as company for almost 500 years."

            "Hey, what's so wrong with me," Mason protested.

           "For starters, I can't date my brother, that be disgusting," Juliet says. "I'd go on, it we don't have another 500 years for me to list them all."

            "A 500 year long sibling rivalry," Valerie snickered. "That's one for the record books."

           "Humans, so strange," Alain shook his head.

           "Hundred percent," Caitlin agreed, the two fist-pumping.

           "Shouldn't we be focusing on the more serious matters," Alya pointed out. "Not that I am not thrilled for you two. I'll have to collect my winnings from my siblings later."

            "You guys bet on us," White raised an eyebrow.

            "Not now, Siren," Alya said.

           "Alya is right," Sarah says. "We should go and make sure that the heart is still safe. Who knows how many more agents and Nazi are running around this place."

          The group followed the mystics as they lead them through the Library. They went so far in that there was no way any of the heroes could make it out without the help of one of the mystics.

          "Uh, did one of those bookshelves just move," Gar asked, moving closer to his sister.

          "It happens," Juliet shrugged. "It's why no one ever makes it to the heart. The paths keep changing. Not to mention the traps all over the place. Don't open that door."

             Miss.Martian quickly pulled her hand away from the door she was about to open.

               "You never know what's on the other side," Mason warned.

                "Okay, I know we're close,  it which door is it," Danny wondered.

                He opened one door, and a rush of snow came out. Danny quickly closed it.

                "Realm of the Frost Giants," he said.

                Alya went over to another door. When she opened it, she had to quickly close it before they were overrun by wild vines.

                "Jungle of Mayhem, got it," she nervously laughed.

                Red Arrow got up the courage to go over to another door. Siren had to quickly go over and shut the door as they were almost swarmed as bees.

              "Room of giant bees," White freaked.

              "Why do we even have that door," Danny freaked.

                "Oh,  now I remember," Lena says. "It's behind that bookshelf, over there."

                 "Seriously, cliche much," Valerie said.

                Lena went over to the bookshelf. She pulled one of the books back and it slid to the side. They went into the hidden room, and were almost blinded in the process. The place was incredible. Different crystals and gems were all over the floor, ceiling, and walls. From simple diamonds and rubies, to sugalite and sardonyx. At the very center of the room was a giant rainbow diamond that lit up all the other crystals like the sun.

               "The Mystic Heart," Melinda said.

      As they were all in awe of the heart, no one saw someone sneaking up behind them. Phantom and Siren started feeling weak, green glowing lines flowing over their skin. They were at the back of the group, so no one saw anything.

             "At least we know how to keep the heart safe," Dick says. "Once the door is closed, no one can find it except you guys."

             "Trust us, we will never go down without a fight," Krinos said.

               But then, Skylar and Melinda looked around. They saw something missing. Or rather, two someones.

               "Guys, where's Phantom and Siren," Skylar asked.

               Everyone immediately darted their heads around. Skylar was right. The two had straight up disappeared on them. And it wasn't like ho they do that on missions. Red Arrow saw something on the ground near the door. He went over and picked it up. His face turned to one filled with horror. He showed it to the others.

                "Ectoranium," he said.

                Half of the mystics then promptly fainted. Nightwing, Huntress, and Beetle were all terrified.

                  "They took them," Dick gasped.