Gone

They Say it takes something traumatizing , to open a persons eyes . Tragedy is a funny thing , as much as we as people want to avoid those things In life that brings out the worst of pains , We Need them . Tragedy can Strike in two forms , Devastation and Then theres Realization . Without Tragedy some of us would walk around aimlessly , avoiding the truth . When Faced with Tragedy One eye's are opened to the very things they've chosen to ignore. It amazes me that once the very walls that youve worked so hard to build up and Show off are destroyed you start to see every thing about yourself that needs to be fixed . The thought of losing something or someone you love or Cherish , Is by far the best Remedy for self Discovery .

After the point to where you feel like you cant be pushed any further . The very moment when you feel like you cant take anymore something in you awakens . All of a sudden everything becomes crystal clear , all those fears and Questions suddenly disappear , its like you've finally reached the finish line of life . There were no more What if's , No More Mistakes , you were free to live the life you were intended , as the person you were always meant to be .

I Closed the Program and glanced around the room at the grieving faces . The tears of A Mother and Father burring their Child . The Heartache of a Little Sister , Younger brother , and darling Niece who thinks the world of him , And not to mention a brother who couldnt be here to say his goodbyes . Everything just hit me at once , Tears began to roll down my face , as I sat there thinking to myself that life is truly to short . Here is this Kid who's life has been cut short , he barely had enough time to figure life out before it was taken from him . He had such an optimistic yet naive view of the world , but at least he was living and not existing like myself .

After the Funeral , Everyone traveled over to the Repast at Mr Danny's Church .

Jermaine: This still isnt real to Me

Kendrick: I Know , Its Too much to process

Tiara: He was just a Happy go Lucky Kid

Jermaine: Hard Headed But a good Kid

Tiara: I mean if it wasnt for him , I would have self esteem issues after having the babies .

Kendrick: He did have a Crush on you

Tiara: Yea , The least I could have done was gave him a Kiss

Jermaine: Its Sad , But dont Pus***t lol

Tiara: Whatever , The twins need changing ,

Jermaine and Tiara , Walked away to Find a place to change the twins , as im sitting there picking over my green beans , I look up and see Cameron walking past , I had no idea he was even here . I havent Spoken with the Kid since Well the Break up . I Put my head into my plate , I really Didnt want to have a conversation with him at least not right here , I was already feeling some type of way , I didnt want to add awkward to the list . After about a minute of actually eating the cold green beans , I glanced back up to see where he had went to . Just my Luck No where , he standing there in Front of the table .

Kendrick: Cam , Oh Hey . Wassup

Cameron: You Werent Going to speak were you ?

Kendrick: Huh ? What of course I would have spoke , I had no idea it was you . I didnt know you would be here .

Cameron: Well maybe if you answered your phone , you would know

Kendrick: Ha Yea ive been real busy lately

Cameron: With what Work ?

Kendrick: Exactly

Cameron: Ok either your Nervous or your hiding something

Kendrick: What gives you that impression

Cameron: Well One your eating Green beans you hate those , and two I stopped by your Office twice and you werent there so your not that Busy .

Kendrick: No No , Ive ummmmm ......

Cameron: Are you ok ?

Kendrick: Im Fine

Cameron: Ok we were together 5 years , I know you . Spill it

Kendrick: Really im Fine , Ive been in a weird head space lately but im ok forreal

Cameron: Ok , If you say so

Kendrick: So Tell me whats new in your life . How's grayson ?

Cameron: I Wouldnt Know that

Kendrick: I thought you two were together ?

Cameron: noooooo , that dude is too much for me . We went one Date and that was it . he's too Eccentric for me

Kendrick: Oh

Cameron: Did you ask that because your somehow jealous

Kendrick: Ha No , I have no reason to be jealous

Cameron: Oh thats right you have amir now

Kendrick: Pump your brakes , We are not an iteam . Nor will we ever be

Cameron: Go Figure , He's not your type . I mean he's f***kable but noway you can be with someone who thinks about themselves more than you think about yourself .

Kendrick: Ha Ha , So what about you are you dating ? is there some special guy in your life

Cameron: Actually Im dating someone its not serious but She's cool

Kendrick; She ? Its a girl

Cameron: Yea . She's Dope she knows about my past and she excepts it .

Kendrick: Thats good I guess

Cameron: Aye Can I Say something , But I dont want you to take it the wrong way .

Kendrick: Sure go ahead

Cameron: When You Broke it Off with me I was two things Confused and Proud . Proud that for once you were doing something that you needed to do for yourself , you were standing up and owning that this didnt work and you couldnt fake it any longer . I was so Proud that you were taking a step in the direction to Find yourself , to become independent . Only to be let down that you feel right back into the same role you always play and thats Best friend . Your so much more than that , instead of flying the coupe and spreading your wings your lingering around these people thinking that somehow they can make you happy , give you what you want in life , and sadly thats never gonna happen kendrick . Look around they all seem to have what they want , and are content in their lives , can you say the same ? Look I know these people are the only family you have , but at some point your going to have to leave the nest , leave them behind in order to really find yourself . Its time to get out of your comfort zone and Live.

Kendrick: Your Right Your Absolutely Right . Ive been having this feeling for a while , and as much as it pains me to think about it , Its time

Cameron: It really is , Thats all I want for you is to be Happy , Its ok to live without your safety nets . When you need them they'll be there including me .

Kendrick: Thank you

Cameron: No Problem

Woman: Oh There you Are , Ive Been looking all over for you

Cameron: Hey , Ashley this is Kendrick

Ashley: Kendrick , As in

Cameron: yep that one

Ashley: Its so Nice to meet you

Kendrick: Like wise , Your gorgeous

Ashley: Awww thanks . I Hate to interrupt your reunion , but our flight is in an hour so we gotta head out

Cameron: Well I guess this is Goodbye for now

Kendrick: Yea yea , But Well definitely link up soon . It was so nice to meet you Ashley

Ashley: the pleasure is Mine . you ready baby

She kissed him and grabbed his hand and they turned around and walked off . He stopped let go her hand and walked back over to me and hugged me , It was out of the blue but I hugged him back as he softly said take care in my ear . He let go grabbed her hand and they walked off . It was strange seeing him with someone else but I was content with him being happy . I Couldnt get what he said out my head tho as I Looked around at everybody they did all seem to be happy with the way their lives have turned out , Including Cameron , but I wasnt . I knew the missing puzzle piece . I made my way outside and pulled my phone out made the call .

Kendrick: Hey , Todd , Its .....

Todd: Kendrick . Its about time

Kendrick: how did you know it was me ?

Todd: Well we made you an offer you couldnt resist . I figured we would hear from you soon

Kendrick: So that means the Job opening is still open

Todd: IF you want it

Kendrick; When Can I start ?

Todd: First thing Monday morning

Kendrick: Then I'll be there

Todd: Great , L.A Has so much to offer , cant wait to start working with you

I Hung the Phone up and Then I realized that strange feeling in my chest had went away , I was now stepping out of the shadows of this Long lasting friendship , I had to step out on my own and navigate through life if I ever wanted to know who I was . I know some of you might think that a 24 year old man should know by now , but everybody's life is different everybody's story is different , as for my story im just getting to the most important chapter .

Ant's POV

For the past Couple of Days , ive practically been living at the Hospital . I Refused to leave my husbands side I didnt go home not Once , The only time I moved was for food or to use the restroom . I was basically glued to that chair and his hand . Every chance I got I talked to him , touched him rubbed my nose against his face . I just wanted him to know that I was there , if there was a chance that he knew I was there was enough to keep me doing the routine . I wasnt able to make it to Aaron's Funeral But my prayers went out to him , he was such a great kid , just plagued with what most young people have and thats the curse of making stupid decisions . The Next day Liz and Raiya flew back into town , they were staying at the house and keeping me company at the Hospital .

Liz: I Think its a good idea

Ant: I Just dont wanna leave him ya know

Liz: yea I do , But You need to get out this Hospital , Feel some Sun . Have a Drink with your Friends

Ant: If they wanna see me they can come to the Hospital

Liz; Anthony , Trust me I will take good care of your chair , and I promise to call you if anything changes . Just go get your mind off this Please

Ant: You dont think its a bad Choice to leave my Husband in a Comma While I go have drinks with my friends

Liz: No I Dont , Its cool and all your taking care of him , but dont forget to take care of yourself too

Ant: I guess I could give Raiya some time with her father , But You promise to call me if anything changes

Liz: Honey if the wind Blows I will Call you

Ant: Lol , Ok i'll be gone an hour tops

Liz: Fine , start with baby steps lol

I grabbed the keys from her and went home to change into some clothes . Being inside the house was tough for me . I Just tried to get what I needed shower change clothes and get out of there before I got to caught up in my feelings . I Quickly left the house and as I was pulling out of the Drive way , I started to get flashes of that night , I pressed on the Breaks and suddenly became increasingly paranoid what if someone was watching us again . I Quickly speed off eyeing down every car . I finally arrived to the Grill with Tiara and Kendrick . To Be honest I wasnt even really feeling meeting up with them , but It was nice to feel safe again .

Tiara: We thought you werent going to show

Ant: You have no idea what it took for me to get into a vehicle

Kendrick: Are you ok ?

Ant: Im Fine Now , I need a shot pronto

Tiara: The Funeral was Beautiful . It was tough but it felt like a Home going Celebration

Ant: Im sad that I missed it . He really was a good kid , He didnt deserve to die like that . Being hunted down

Kendrick: So do they know anything ?

Ant: There not talking yet , but Hopefully soon , cause the paranoia is eating at me

Tiara: Well on a lighter Note , Kendrick has News ?

Ant: Really What ?

Kendrick: I took a Job Position In L.A

Ant: What ?

Tiara: Fabulous Right ?

Ant: What Kind of job

Kendrick: Well this Beauty and Life Choice Company wants me to come on as VP help there company get back on top

Tiara: Thats amazing , Im so Proud of you

Ant: Congrats

Kendrick; Thank you , It means alot coming from you guys

Tiara: Awww Your welcome , you know we love you

Kendrick: Yea I Do , Which brings me to this . I think that its time I move on Ya know . We have been inseparable since High School . You guys Know I love you and Appreciate everything . But I just want to cut the umbilical Cord and Do Me .

Tiara: I feel Like your Divorcing us

Kendrick: Come on you guys know I love you , and Im not mad or Angry , I Just Dont want to be around you Hags anymore Lol

Ant: Ha Ha

Kendrick: No But seriously . Im gonna miss you guys . But before I go I want to clear the air with you Ant

Tiara: Oh Boy

Kendrick: No tiara , This is serious Im So Sorry for ever thinking you would betray like that . I Will take full responsibility for what went down . I was in a Messy place in my life and I Didnt know who I was , or what I stood for . So I Automatically assumed everybody was as Down bad as me . Truthfully I Knew you didnt do it , but it was much easier to blame you than myself . I Totaly attacked your character and Your Marriage for No reason , All because I was hurting and I wanted to Ruin your amount of happiness . Finally saying that really makes me sound like the evil person . But you gotta know I Never meant any of it , I dont think those things of you .

Ant: I Know , I Know you Dont . I Did Some Pretty F***ked up things , to the Both of you . It was Very Passive so that I could cover my own tracks , I Knew what it would do to the both of you , but I did it anyway . Because I figured were family they couldnt stay mad at me for long . But In actuality what I did to us might not be repairable .

Tiara: Thats Not True Ant , At the End of the day I Still love the both of you . No matter What

Kendrick: I think its because were like Family that it even Happened . Your like my Brother our friendship exceeded best friends years ago . And you know what Family fights and they fight just as hard as they love

Ant: you are my brother and your my sister , and No matter what happens , if we do grow apart I Love you Guys . And I Am Who I am Because of You

Tiara: Ok , Enough crying . I Propose a toast , To best Friends , To Family . To always being in each others life .

Kendrick: To Finding Ourselves and Our way through this Crazy thing Called Life

Ant: To Moving on

Tiara: Cheers !

Kendrick: To Moving on Cheers!

We all gave each other hugs and kisses , I have no idea why tiara and I were crying and Hugging last I checked she wasnt leaving . As we all walked away to our separate cars , it became all too real , we were really about to live separate lives . As Kendrick drove past me I blew the horn waving and smiling at him . Even tho we both admitted to doing some horrible things he was still my brother , and I would always love him and Tiara lol . As Im driving back to the hospital my phone rings , I looked down at the Phone and it was Liz , I pressed on the breaks slightly to slow down . I reached over to the phone and instantly stopped myself , What if what she had to say wasnt what i wanted to hear . What if she was about to say it was over . I reluctantly placed my hands back on the wheel and continued to the hospital . She had called over three times by the time I was walking back into the hospital . I looked at the phone and placed it in my pocket . Tears began to roll down my face as I Stepped off the Elevator . Everything came down at once , Images of the shooting , our wedding , the first time we meet . I let out a Burst of pain as I tried to keep it together . As I walking down the Hallway I saw Liz standing there . I Just stopped I didnt want to walk any further I Didnt wanna hear what she had to say . I Just wanted to turn around and Run and Keep running . Threw the tears I saw her walking towards me , As She got closer her Demeanor wasnt what I expected . She had Tears in her eyes but a smirk at the same time

Liz: Ive Been trying to Reach you . Its RJ . He's .... He's Woke

The Words filled my body like a Full tank of gas , I Started walking almost running to his room . As I burst threw the Door , I Saw Raiya sitting on the bed , then Thats when His Big Circle eyes Looked at me and I couldnt hold It in anymore . I cried And I Cried and I cried I never thought I would see those Gorgeous Puppy dog eyes again .