We Gotta Work it Out

Kendrick's POV

As I Sat In Class Tapping My pencil against My Notebook , I tried My hardest to Listen to the Professors Lecture , But my Mind Was Only Focused on One thing Frank , All night I tried Not to let what He said Bother me , But We all Know When you try to avoid things they Just fester in Your mind until it Consumes you . Instead of taking Notes I made a List Of All the Reason Why I loved Cameron and Why I didnt . Of course the Reasons why I loved him Out Weighed the Reason I didnt , In fact there was only one reason Why I didnt And it was His Temper , But as Of lately Its been Kinda Sorta Under Control . The Professor Dismissed Class , I grabbed my things and Headed Home , I knew I had to Talk to Cam today So I text Him to see If He was At His Room and Told him I was Coming Over , I jumped In the Shower Put on Fresh Clothes and headed to Cam's Apartment , It was time to Put Franks Ridiculous Observation To Rest . We Still Had Spark and I was about to Prove it . I knocked on The door and Cameron Opened it and Just that Quick I was All Over Him , Shoving My Tongue down his throat , I closed the Door with my foot and Kissed Him all the way to his room , While Lifting his shirt up over his head . I pushed him down on the bed , Took my pants off and Climbed on top of him , I leaned down and Kissed him Deep while rubbing His Uper Body , I bite down On his lip and sucked on it , I let Lose and Leaned up and gave him this Freaky Look while Grinding On him .

Cameron: MMMMM Whats this For .

i Just Looked at him , and exhaled a gust of air and Rolled off him laying Next to him

Cameron; Whats Wrong Why You Stop ?

Kendrick: .........

Cameron: If its because what I said , I was Just Curious as to where this Sudden Sex Came From

Kendrick: Exactly , Why It gotta Be Out of No where ,

Cameron: Huh

Kendrick: Do you think We Lost Our Spark .

Cameron: ................

Kendrick: Oh My God , He was Right

Cameron: Who was Right?

Kendrick: Frank

Cameron: Frank ? What The Fuck that Nigga Telling You something Like that For . What he say

Kendrick: Something About , us Not having it anymore , We're Like Friends Now , And We trying to Ignite a spark thats Gone

Cameron: This Sneaky Mother Fucker . Where My Phone .

Kendrick; What you bout to Do

Cameron: Im finna Call this Nigga and Give Him a Piece Of My Mind .

Cam Gets out the Bed , and grabs his phone He walks around the room In Circles ass the Phone Ring . I just sit there Pulling my pants back Up . Cameron has the Phone on Speaker Phone so I can Hear the Entire Conversation .

Frank: Wassup

Cameron: Bruh , Whats this you telling Kendrick about us Being Friends Or whatever

Frank: Aye Look , Im Bout to walk in class Right Now so , Ima Have to Call you back Later .

Cameron: FUCK DAT NIGGA YOU GONE TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW , WHY THE FUCK YOU TRYING TO INTERFERE WITH WHAT WE GOT BRUH .

Frank: Forreal Bruh Dont Come at Me with that

Cameron: Dont Come at you With What ! NIgga You The One Running Behind My back Like A Lil Bitch Telling My Dude Shit you Dont Know Nothing About

Frank: Really Bruh , I dont Know Nothing About , In that Case Cam Stop Telling Me How you Feel and Tell Him . Im Out .

He hangs Up the Phone and throws It at the Wall . I jump from the Sound Of it Crashing into he wall . I could see the anger Boiling Over Inside of Him , Even tho At this point I was Afraid to Ask Him what Frank was talking about when He said tell him How you feel . But For so Long Ive been walking around With this On my head , If He had an answer then I Needed it Asap .

Kendrick: Cam

Cameron: What

Kendrick: What He Talking about Stop Telling Him how You feel And Tell Me

Cameron: ............

Kendrick: Cam

Cameron: Kendrick not Right Now , Im too Heated

Kendrick: I understand that But , I need to Know what He talking about .

Cameron: What Difference Does It Make

Kendrick: It Makes a Ton Of Difference

Cameron; WHY!

Kendrick: BECAUSE ! What If He's Right

He didnt say anything He just Looked at the Floor , with his Fist balled up . I sat back on the bed next to him , and Placed My hand on his .

Kendrick: Just tell me , How do you really Feel .

Cameron: I Love you , You Know that Right . But Its Like Sometimes The things you do and the Choices you make Really Upset me , To the Point I just wanna Shake you . Alot Of my anger Steams From you Ive Noticed that lately .

Kendrick: So You think , Im the reason You Lose your temper So Much ?

Cameron: Not Necessarily YOu But The Majority of the time I Lose it , Its Behind You and something somebody Did to you .

Kendrick: Oh

Cameron: Kendrick Dont get me Wrong , I dont Resent You for that . We Bring Out the Best In each other Its Just Unfortunate that we also Bring out the Worst Too.

Kendrick: No , I Understand that . I just Always thought I was the One Calming you Down , I never thought I was the Reason Behind the Temper .

Cameron: Its Just the Little things you Do . Like the Night That You Got Drugged , All I wanted to Do was spend the Night with you and You Chose to go to a Fucking Party .

Kendrick: The Truth about that Night is I wasnt Only going to that Party To ease Ant's Mind , I was also Trying to Get out of My Owns .

Cameron: What You mean ?

Kendrick: I was Running From This Actually . I was Afraid of this Moment . I Knew In My Heart that Something wasnt Right between us , I felt it . And I just didnt want to face that Maybe We Wouldnt Bounce Back . So I wanted to Go to the party to avoid Being alone with You . I Just Feel Like A Horrible Person .

Cameron: Dont , Because I too was trying to mask The idea Of us Not Being together . After Losing Your Trust I thought We was strong Enough to Make it , and The More we spent time together and the Feelings Didnt Come back It Scared me a little so I tried to Spend as much time with you to Force that Spark to come back . Thats why It might seemed like I was smothering you .

Kendrick: So What do we now

Cameron: To Be Honest I dont Know

Kendrick: Now that I dont Feel so Guilty About Holding all that End .... Every thing seems Clear

Cameron: So what you saying .

Kendrick: I dont wanna Break up with you . And now that were Done Dancing around our Problems Maybe we Can Get Back to The Relationship .

Cameron: I agree , But in order For us to Have a Honest and Open Relationship , It Needs to be a relationship .

Kendrick: What Does that Mean

Cameron: We Cant Expect to have a Thriving Relationship if its Built On a Lie Or in the Dark . I think its time I tell My Parents .

Kendrick: What ? are you sure

Cameron: You said , that one Day I would Be tired of Hiding , I think Today is the Day .

Kendrick: I ... I dont know what to say

Cameron: Dont Say anything , Tonight Im having Dinner with Parents and I Just want you to show up . Can You Do that ?

Kendrick: Yea yea Of Course .

Rj's POV

Im Headed to My Psychology Professor's Office To have a talk with him , I guess it was some Kind Of Version Of therapy Ant Set Up . As Im walking Up the Stairs I see Ant sitting Outside the Office . I slowly walk up to him .

Rj: Hey

Ant: Hey

Rj: Thanks For Doing this For Me

Ant: yea

Rj: And thanks for Coming .

Ant: Im Not Here to stay , I just wanted to make sure you showed up .

Rj: Oh

He gets up and walks away without even Looking at me , I would be lying If I said It didnt Hurt , but I couldnt Blame him . I knocked On the Professor Door and he invited Me in and the Session Started .

Professor: Ok What is it that Brought you Here today .

Rj: Ummm Good Question , I dont really Know what to call it ya know . Its Like lately ive been on a Downward Spiral .

Professor: Interesting . What you would you say is the reason for your Spiral .

Rj: Multiple things , School , My Career , Basketball , All while still trying to Be a good Parent .

Professor: Do you Fell Over Stretched , Cause that Could be a lot to handle

Rj: Yea , I Do , I almost Feel Crazy

Professor: No , Its Perfectly Normal for someone Facing Grave Changes In life to Act out .

Rj: I think this goes beyond that .

Professor: Really ? Do Explain

Rj: I just Hold On to so Much From the Past , And Combined with all the Things that have happened lately , Not taking time to Deal with Or sort threw those Emotions . Fucked me Up

Professor: When you say things Of the Past , Are there Ill Feelings Your holding on to

Rj; Yea

Professor: Do you want to talk about that

Rj: Ummmmm , Its hard Really Hard to talk about that

Professor: Like Opening an Old Wound

Rj; Exactly

Professor: But In order for you to Fully Move on , You need to Address the Things that Hold you back .

Rj: I know its Just Not the easiest thing to say .

Professor: Well Whenever Your ready , Im All ears .

Rj: You have Kids Dont you Dr .

Professor: Yes I do

Rj: Tell me , If your 11 year old son came to you and told you He was having strange Feelings about the other Boys in Class , What Would you Do ?

Professor: I think We should Focus On You .

Rj: You Wanna Know what my Father Did , He Beat me , He Beat the Shit out Of me , And it wasnt with a Belt Or Switch , He Beat me Like a Stranger in the Streets with his Bare Hands . He told me He Would Kill Me Before he Let me Grow Up to Be Faggot .

Professor: And How did that Make you feel ?

Rj: Ashamed , Afraid , Alone . It Didnt stop there , Every time He saw me doing something He considered Homo , He beat me , and there were times I think he just did it for the Hell of it . I remember Feeling Like I was doing Something Wrong , Like there was something Wrong with me .

Professor: You were just a Kid .

Rj: All I wanted was the Beatings to Stop , So I became what he thought a Young Boy Should Be , I picked Up A basketball and Started Playing . And come to find Out I was good at it . I used basketball as an Escape Route . He was so Proud Of me , he Signed me Up for Every Little League Team . And the beatings They Just Stopped . And From then On I did Anything to make sure they wouldnt Come back .

Professor: Has Your Father Ever Apologized to you

Rj: No , he Just Pretends to act like it Didnt happen , He Put Down the Bottle and Picked up A Bible .

Professor: What about your Mother

Rj: My Mother , Beautiful Woman , But she was the Typical Housewife she Turned the Blind Eye

Professor: Do you Feel Better Now that You got it Out

Rj: Actually I Do

Profesor: It amazes Me that you tell such a Horrible story and yet Shed Not one tear .

Rj: Im All out Of tears . Im Just Ready To get on With Life Without all the baggage From My Family .

Professor: Is there anything Else you Wanna talk about

Rj: Nope ,

After Shaking the Professor hands , and He Giving me his card and telling me to Call whenever I needed . I left his office feeling Fresh , A bit Vulnerable , But Ok , I was Ok Relieved to Know I wasnt Crazy , And That I finally get Rid Of all the Pain and hurt From my Past . In the Past Ive Let Someone Dictate My Every Move , Control My Life and What I wanted to Do , But as Of today I was taking my life back , One Step at a time , Father Hood , Then Career . I headed to the Signing In Coaches Office where Jermaine was already there about to sign his .

Jermaine: Rj Boy , Im bout to get this Money Nigga

Rj: Oh yea

Jermaine: Wait Hold Up Nigga , You dont sound like a Man who bout to sign a 500,000 Dollar Contract

Rj: Thats because Im Not

Jermaine: What ! Hold On Let me Clean my ears Out

Rj: Naw Dont clean your ears out , You heard me correct , Im Not signing It

Jermaine: Look , I let you take a walk on the wild side , get you some head , Even talk greasy to Everybody . But I wouldnt Be a True Friend If I let you walk away from this .

Rj: Dont Trip J , I talk to an Amazing Trainer , And Come Next Week , Ima be training My ass Off , Preparing , Eat Sleep and Breath Basket Ball Until I get that Contract .

Jermaine: You really Are Crazy Huh

Rj: I just Found out that Im Not Lol

Jermaine: Man I shole Hope You Know what you Doing .

Rj: Trust me , If Its Not the NBA then I dont want to Settle , Id rather Be a Coach at least it's what I want .

Jermaine: I feel You Bruh , I pray to God this all works out For you , Cause All I know Is A Nigga bout To get Paid , Graduate In Two Weeks , My Future Looking Real Bright my Nigga

Rj: Let Me Hold 20 Then

Jermaine: I aint Got It yet , Holla at me Next Week .

Rj: You A Fool Boy Lol

After Leaving Coaches Office , I went back to My Dorm , I sat on the couch and Thought to Myself I Hope This is the Right Decision Too . With Half Of my things Packed up already the only thing Left to Do was Graduate and Off to Start My New Life .