You Can Be the Boss

Kendrick's POV

Since Being back from The Wedding weekend I went back to Work . With the watchful Eye Of My Boss Hovering over me . When he said he would keep an eye on me I didnt think he Literally meant that , He would come in every 15 minutes to see what I was Doing , If I was doing it Correct and Checking my Calculations . Damn If I would have known I would have to go threw a Micro Management experiencing just to get payed I might would have held off a Week or two . Since I was under such careful watch and Trial , I was almost afraid to ask him for the Next Week Off to Fly Home and Be with My grandma For her Surgery . When I went on My Lunch Break I went into his Office to have a Word with him .

Mr.Yates: Come In , I got a second to spare .

Kendrick: Ok then , I'll skip through the rambling and get straight to the point. I Need Next Week Off

Mr.Yates: Did you just ask for Next Week Off .

Kendrick: yes sir .

Mr.Yates: ........

Kendrick: I know this is very unprofessional , But My Grandma just found out she has to have emergency surgery .

Mr.Yates: Hmmm Is it life or death ?

Kendrick: Well her chances of a successful surgery are high , But she's going to need someone to help her out the first couple of days .

Mr.Yates: I see , and that has to be you

Kendrick: Kinda

mr.Yates: Kinda?

Kendrick: I mean yes sir , theres is Nobody else to take care of her .

Mr.Yates: Lets Just be Clear your asking for a Week Off During your Trial for pay ?

Kendrick: Yes sir , I really have no other Choice , its my grandma .

Mr.Yates: Fine , But You can Cancel Getting paid

Kendrick: What !

Mr.Yates: I think you heard me , Now if you dont mind I have work to do . best wishes to your Grandma .

I stood there for a second with my mouth opened , Was he serious ? For a second i thought he understood the situation . Then he just flat out tells me that my trial period would be reset so thats another what two weeks of work without pay . Even tho I admired my Boss for his excellent achievements , I also hated him , I never understood how people got into high powerful positions and then lose all sense of Humanity . I get that he doesnt have a Wife and kids of his own , But im sure at one point he has had Parents and Grandparents . I guess I was going to south Carolina Broke . After clocking out of work on a Hard day , I went home ran a Nice hot bath and relaxed . No Money , and now a week of my grandma getting on my nerves , Hopefully they dope her ass up real good . When I got out the Tub , I walked into the room dried off warmed up a Microwave dinner and got on skype and called Cameron . Just seeing his face pop up with that big white smile made all my simple problems go away .

Cameron: Hey sexy

Kendrick: Ooooo sexy , What you tryna get Freaky on Skype lol ?

Cameron: No , Cant I just Compliment My Baby

Kendrick: Ummmm Hmmmm

Cameron: Whats Wrong with you ? You look Sad

Kendrick: I just found out im going to have to go another couple of weeks without pay

Cameron: what Why ? I thought your Trial was this week

Kendrick: It was , but It Got Reset

Cameron: Why ?

Kendrick: Well my grandma Called the other day , and that Cough she had turns out it was something serious , so she has to have emergency surgery .

Cameron: awww , man is she ok ?

Kendrick: yea , she gone be ok , probably gone be asking for a cigarette at the hospital .

Cameron: Lol that lady is something else .

Kendrick: Tell me about it .

Cameron: You still seem sad tho ? You want me to come with you

Kendrick: Noooo, You dont have to do that

Cameron: Aight , you know I will tho right ?

Kendrick: Of Course .

Cameron: Aye its gone be all right , Dont be sad , I dont like it when you like that .

Kendrick: Im trying , But the real world sucks . I miss college

Cameron: It Will better , That job is your Dream Job , and you deserve it . One of these days it will get better . Hell maybe one of these days you'll be the boss , you probably smarter than the Boss Now lol

Kendrick: Awwwww , thanks baby your the best Pep talker there is

Cameron: I know , Thats why Im a coach lol

Kendrick: Lol , Well I Love you and Miss you , But Im really tired .

Cameron: You about to go to sleep .

Kendrick: yea its bout that time

Cameron: Ok then Give me a kiss

I kiss the screen where the Camera is and wave Bye to him . and close the Lid on the Laptop . I got in bed and Closed my eyes . and said a little prayer , That Everything works out for My Grandma and My Career . I closed my eyes as the sun started to shine threw the blinds . Sun up to sun down I said to myself .

Ant's POV

Since I didnt go In To My Supervisors, Office Monday Morning , Im Offically Done with that Job . Of Course my mom was Furious with me , I dont think ive ever seen her this upset with me before . I mean she was Livid , Every morning before she left for her shift for work , she would throw a tantrum saying the same old same old , I cant Believe You Anthony , Your such a smart Kid You could have done anything you put your mind to , Blah Blah Blah . And this Morning was no Different , she Made every Noise she possibly could to wake me up . She Came up stairs and Knocked on my Door and Opened it .

Angie: If You decide to get Off Your Ass Today , The yards Needs Mowing .

Ant: Ok Ma

Angie: Dont have No Attitude with me Boy , After you laying your Over Grown ass Up in my House .

Ant: I Dont have an Attitude Ma , Im just saying Ok I hear You

Angie: Ughhhh , I cant Believe you Right Now , 4 Years of College For this .

She Continued her Rant all the way down the stairs and out the Door , Probably the ride to work too . I pulled the Covers off myself and went down to the Kitchen and Fixed myself a Bowl of Cereal . after eating I got the lawn Mower out the garage and Mowed the Lawn , After that I took a Nice Hot shower and Climbed back In my bed . The Words of My mother haunted me Until I fell asleep . But I couldnt really Blame her , Cause she was right after 4 years of College This is what I end up doing , I could have been Whatever I wanted to be , But somewhere along the Lines It just didnt pull together like it should be . She always Blamed it On Rj and Our Relationship and Up Until Last Week I Disagreed with her , But maybe she was right after all . But Now I was More Motivated than anything to Make something Of myself , I had a Job with a Pr Firm Now , I just wished things would start soon . Im Deep In My sleep when I hear My Phone Buzzing . I reach over and Pick it up without looking .

Ant: Hello

Penelope: Anthony , Hi Its Penelope remember me

Ant: Penelope Hi

Penelope: Well , I said we would be talking soon , and soon is Now . I Have a Client For you .

Ant: Really Thats Great .

Penelope: No it isnt , Its a Crisis , Im out in Miami With a Client and I Need You

Ant: Ok sure , what do you want me to do

Penelope: I need you to send me your Information , so I can Book your Plane ticket to New York .

Ant: New York ?

Penelope: Yes , Rj Is Deep Water

Ant: Is he Ok

Penelope: where have you been all morning under a rock ? He's Fine , But the Media is Crucifying Him . Thats why I called upon you , to go out there and Get this straight .

Ant: Wait , Why me

Penelope: You Know him Personally , Whats better than That . So Can I count on you ?

Ant: Yea , sure .

Penelope: Ok , Now Hurry send me your Info , And Ant Im Trusting you with My Fiance's Image , Dont fuck it Up .

Ant: I Wont .

I quickly sit up in the Bed , I was in Such a Rush to get Packed and get everything together . I couldnt shake the Feeling like I was Forgetting something , On the Drive to the Airport . Oh Yea My Mom , I took the Exit to the hospital and Went up to her Floor . All Of a sudden I felt like a Kid asking there Mom to go to the Party on Friday Night , I made it to the Desk and they said she was in Room 325 with a Patient . I walked into the Room , and she had this surprised look on her face .

Angie: Ant , what are you doing here is everything ok ?

Ant: yea , I Came to say Bye

Angei: Bye ? Where you going

Ant: Remember I told you I had a Job at PR Firm .

Angie: Yea ......

Ant: Well I wasnt Lying , And I have my first Client .

Angie: Oh Honey thats Good , But you still havent told me where your going .

Ant: New York

Angie: Hmmmm , New York . And Your Going for Work Right?

Ant: Yes Mom

Angie: Just Work ?

Ant: ..........

Angie: I can tell from the Look On your Face your going to see him arent you . Why Lie about it Anthony .

Ant: Mom Im not lying , I Am going For Work . Its Just He's the Client

Angie: Umph

Ant: Mom Dont be like that , I just came to say goodbye , and get a Hug is that too much to ask .

Angie: No , Come here Boy , I Love you and I just want to make sure you Know what your Doing .

Ant: I Do , Dont worry He's Not a Distraction to Me anymore . Im going there to do a Job and thats it . He's engaged anyway .

Angie: Good Riddance Lol

Ant: Lol You Crazy .

Angie: I know it , Have a Safe Trip Son

Ant: I will , Love you see you soon .

I leave the Hospital and Quickly make it to the Airport , I Didnt want to miss my flight , Hell I just got fired from One Job , I cant Fuck up this one . I got on the Plane and Breathed a sigh of Relief . I really didnt know what to expect but Hopefully this goes well , I make my mark In Penelope P.R and Look out Empire here I come .

Rj's POV

Every Since that Altercation with The Photographer , Raiya and I have been stuck in the house . It really wasnt that Bad tho , It gave us time to really bond , She talked about her Friends , Her Mom , Her Aunt , Her baby dolls , Shoes , lets just say she could talk , But i could listen to it all day tho . Im In the Play room playing tea party with her when I hear the House Phone Ringing . I get up and Answer it .

Rj: Yea

Penelope: What are you doing .

Rj: Playing with Raiya , whats Up

Penelope: Ive Been calling your Phone for hours Now Why havent you picked up

Rj: Oh Yea its Upstairs . I didnt hear it . Whats Wrong ?

Penelope: Well I need you to pick Anthony Up from the Airport

Rj: Wait Who ?

Penelope: Ant , Your Friend . Hes Coming out there to clear up this Mess you created .

Rj: I thought you was going to handle it ?

Penelope: Yea , but I cant seem to Keep the clients Im working with now Out of trouble . Damn Twitter!

Rj: Well isnt there someone else from the Firm you could call .

Penelope: No , He's Perfect for the job , he knows you already and Besides i hired him a week ago . I gotta find something for him to do .

Rj: Ok , Whatever

Penelope: Ok Now you need to go to the airport and pick him up his plane landed about 20 minutes ago , so Hurry .

Rj: Bye .

I hang the phone and stand there with this pale face . Why Him of all her Employees, Im suppose to be Detoxing him out of my system after he stood me up at the hotel . Raiya comes out of the Play room and into the living room .

Raiya: Daddy

Rj: Yea Baby

Raiya: How do I call Grandma Pat

Rj: I'll call her for you , From the Car , get ya Coat we leaving .

Raiya: Ok .

I get raiya in the Car and we Head to the Airport , It took us about 30 minutes to get there . If Her Hiring Ant to help me out wasnt bad enough , Now he's been waiting for over an hour at the airport , Im sure He is Pissed off , add that to his Normal Bitchiness and you have a Category Five Hurricane . I held raiya's hand as we walked threw the Airport , We saw Ant standing there looking around , when he looked over at us , lets just say he didnt look to happy either .

Rj: What did you Expect a sign ?

Ant: Nope , i see your Late as Usual .

Rj: You need help with your ......

Ant: Nope .

Rj: Allright then Lets go .

We get in the car and Hit the Road .

Rj: Raiya You Hungry Yet ?

Raiya: No

Rj: You Sure ?

Riaya: Yes

Rj: What about you *looks at Ant*

Ant: Im Fine , I just wanna go to my Hotel Room

Rj: Ok then , Where to ?

Ant: You tell me , She didnt tell You , cause she aint tell me

Rj: Hold on

I call her from the Phone in the Car .

Penelope: Hey Love

Rj: Hey , Ummm where did you Set Ant up at

Penelope: What ?

Rj: Which Hotel did you Book His stay

Penelope: Oh I didnt , I just figured since you guys were old friends , he would stay at the house

Ant: Great . Just Great

Rj: ummmm Ok Then , see you soon . Love you

I looked over at Ant and he Just looked out the Window , I figured he would be Bitchie . I pulled up to the House and We all got out and walked into the House .

Rj: Welcome to my Humble Abode

Ant: Fancy

Raiya: Daddy , Can I go Play .

Rj: Yea go ahead .

Raiya: Arent you Coming to Play with me ?

Rj: Yea Baby I'l be in there in a Minute .

RJ: you Know you dont have to look , like your in Hell

Ant: Im Not , and you gotta admit this is Too Much

Rj: Yea , If you want , I can Book You a Hotel , If Being here is too Much .

Ant: You dont have to do that , I Probably wont be here that long , Im just here to get the Public to Like you again .

Rj: good Luck with that .

Ant: What exactly did you do ?

RJ: Your Here to save the day and you have no clue what the Crime is lol . Go to Tmz

He pulls up the Website and watches the Video and Reads a Couple Of the Comments . He has this Crazy look on his face .

Rj: What ?

Ant: Damn you really Whoop his ass , with one Hand

Rj: Man , I told dude to back up and he wouldnt , I mean you seen how close he was to raiya's face .

Ant: Yea , But that sadly isnt enough to make the Media Feel sorry for you

Rj: Fuck the Media , I dont know what else to say then , I mean what would they do if it was they child .

Ant: I would Probably do the same thing , but Im not a Public Figure

Rj: I dont even get why they mad I was just Protecting my Daughter .

Ant: True , But just as much as you were protecting her you put her in danger . You attacked a Man while Holding your Daughter . What if he would have struck you back or Worse HIt her in the act .

RJ: I didnt think of that at the moment , It was just an Impulse to strike and Protect her

Ant: Believe me I understand , but everybody else isnt so understanding .

Rj: so is this Fixable .

Ant: Yea , Your Probably gone have to adopt a puppy from the pound , Or save the Polar bears . Im Kidding .

Rj: I was bout to say , You suck at this .

Ant: No but seriously , were Probably going to need a statement from Liz saying your not a neglectful Dad , A simple statement from you nothing to big just explain your side . Maybe post a Couple pictures of you and Raiya . And most importantly Move on , The quicker you move on so will the Media , so stop hiding and get out maybe take her to the zoo tomorrow .

Rj: Now that sounds Like a Plan .

Raiya: Daddy Im Hungry Now

Rj: Ok baby , Go grab your shoes and jacket so we can go .

Raiya: Ok

Ant: She's so Cute

Rj: Isnt she . You wanna come , were going to Rizolli's

Ant: Rizolli's Lol

Rj: What she Likes spaghetti

Ant: No You Like Spaghetti

Rj: Ok Maybe I got her Hooked on them , what do ya say ?

Ant: Ummmm Im a little tired from the Trip . I just wanna Crash . so if you could show me where im sleeping .

Rj: Oh Ok , Its upstairs 2nd door on the right .

Ant: Aight , Have Fun .

Ant Grabbed his stuff and headed up the stairs while Raiya and I headed out to Rivolli's to eat . I thought it would be awkward with him being here , at first it was a little tension , but eventually it all came together . Without it Feeling Weird Or Forced .

Comment , Subscribe and Thumbs Up .

How Long do you think Rj and Ant Can stay Cordial Like that ?
I got something Good Coming Kendricks Way