Im Coming Out

Cameron's POV

We Sat in the Parking Lot of the Restaurant , In the Dark Shadows , Watching People Come and Go . I Just stared out the Window at My Parents Car . Earlier today I was Sure this was the Right Thing to Do . I just sat there Looking at their Car and Biting My Fingernails when my thoughts were interrupted .

Kendrick: We Dont Have to Go In Ya Know .

Cameron; Huh

Kendrick: I dont have to Go in , If Your second Guessing .....

Cameron: No NO , Im just Nervous , Thats normal Right , I mean When You told your Folks you was Nervous too Right .

Kendrick: Lol , Actually With all the Sass I had , Im Sure it wasnt hard to Figure out , In fact I didnt Have to Even Say it .

Cameron: What if when I tell them , They Do what I know they gone do .

Kendrick: Well , I dont know , But I know that I will Be Right Next to you , And If they Dont Except it then So be it .

Cameron: You Right , Let me stop Acting Like a Pussy , Im Bout to just be like This My Boyfriend , You either With it Or you Not . You ready ?

Kendrick: I guess .

We get out the table and walk into the restaurant . I Immediately spot My Parents Table . My Mom Was On her Phone , Probably Checking her Email , And My Dad Was Buried Into this Folder , We Stood there for about a Minute and Neither one of them Look up at us , We took a seat and Still Nothing .

Cameron: Hey

Rita: Oh Honey , I didnt See You

Carl: Son, Boy I swear You starting to look Like ya Old Man

Rita: Oh Honey I Told him that the other Day

Cameron: Mom , You Remember Kendrick , Dad this ......

Carl: Hold On A Second *gets up to answer his Phone*

I Just sat there with My Mouth Open , There it was at the Tip of my tongue I was just about to Introduce Kendrick to them As My Boyfriend and He takes a Call , I mean what could be More Important than This , After all They Did Invite me to Dinner . My Mom Looked Up From her Phone for about 30 seconds gave a quick smile and Back to Typing away . I Folded My Arms with the Look Of Irritation on my face . About 15 Minutes Later my dad Comes Back into the Restaurant and sits down .

Carl: Whats the Problem son You look Upset

Cameron: Can You Blame me

Carl: Look Boy , I Have to much On my Mind Right now to Try and Guess whats Wrong with you now , So either say it Or Lose the Attitude .

Cameron: Whats Wrong with me Is , the Two Of you invited me to Dinner , Just to Ignore Me with Your Black Berry , and Court Files .

Rita: Cameron , We Not trying to Ignore you , Were Just Working Hard trying to Find a way to get Your Brother Out Of Jail .

Cameron: Why , I thought Jail was For Criminals

Carl: He's Your Brother , Not a Criminal

Cameron: Did He Commit a Crime ? cause that Makes him a Criminal

Rita: Cameron, We Will NOT Speak Of this In front Of your Friend

Carl: Thats It , You Are Going to Tell me What's Going On between the Two of You

Cameron: I Told You Ask the Jail Bird

Carl: And Dammit I Told You To Tell Me What Happened

Rita: Cam honey , Whatever Little Trouble the Two Of You have gotten into , Isnt important Right Now , If You know something anything that can help us get Him Off , You Need to tell us

Cameron: For the Last Time , Leave Him Where He is , He Deserves to Rot In Hell *gets Up To leave*

Carl: SIT DOWN !

Carl: I dont Know Nor Do I give A Fuck What Happened Between the Two Of You Anymore , YOUR BROTHER ,MY SON , Is about to Go Down For Attempted Rape and Assault , And you are the Missing Piece to Help HIm out , What ever He did , It cant Be as bad as Signing your Brothers Fate , Please Cam , He said you Knew How to Help him . HELP HIM

Cameron: Read the Files Dad

Carl: Ive Read the Files A Million Times ,

Cameron; Read them Again , Out Loud

My Dad , Starts to Read the Files out Loud , I sat there Leg Shaking with Anger , If they Wanted to know the truth About their Son , then Their Gonna get it , Im Gonna show them the Monster He Really Is , As I sat there Listening to My Father Read the Files , I looked Over at Kendrick and he had this uncomfortable look on his face and so Did My Mom . As My Dad Kept Reading the Files , When He Got to the Charges , I stopped HIm Right after He said Kendrick's Name .

Rita: Wait , Kendrick , This Kendrick

Carl: Whats Going On Cam , Why Would You Bring the Guy Pressing Charges On Your Brother Here .

Cameron: Because He's My BoyFriend .

Rita: .........

Carl: .........

Cameron: And your son , My Brother , The One Your begging me to Help out , to Protect . My BROTHER Knowingly Tried to Hurt me Several times , But When I was Done Playing his game , He Went after the Only thing I cared about , He Knew I loved Him and He Tried to Rape My Boy Friend , So Go ahead Ask Me again , Ask Me to Help you get a sick Rapist Off . If its Up to me He Can Die In jail .

Cameron: Im Sorry You had to Find Out like this , But I love HIm , And I choose Him . I hope You guys Understand .

Neither One Of them said anything , My Mom Just had her Hand Over her Chest with the Look Of Shock In her eyes , My Dad Just placed his hand underneath his chin and leaned on the table . I started getting this feeling , Like I was about to Cry , I got up from the table and walked out . I sat down on the ground with my hands over my face , I was Stupid to actually believe they Would Be ok with it , My Mom Maybe I thought she would at least Pretend , But my Dads reaction Was Everything I thought it would be . Im sitting there Trying to calm Myself down when I feel a Hand on my Shoulder .

Kendrick: You ok

Cameron: Yea Im Good , At least Now they Know

Kendrick: You didnt Give them Enough time

Cameron: Did you see the Look In their Eyes , The way they just sat there

Kendrick: yes , I did it was the look Of any parent when they Find out there Child is gay , Especially the Masc Ones , I mean they Probably Never Even Suspected it .

Cameron: Whatever , It dont matter Now , I told them , Its Off my Chest , Now I just wanna move On

Kendrick: Its not Fair Cam , What your Doing , You Didnt give them a Chance to Except you

Cameron: Its because they Wont , All my life My father Judged and Talked about Gay People , He Isnt Just going to Magically Except it Now .

Kendrick: You Might wanna Rethink that

I look Up and see My dad standing in the Doorway of the Restaurant , He starts walking Towards Us . Kendrick gets Up and Leaves , And he comes and sit next to me , Neither One of us said anything , We just sat there quite looking at the Ground .

Carl: Gay Huh ,

Cameron: So You Can Hear

Carl: Why , Didnt Tell us ?

Cameron: Do you really think It was the Easiest thing to Tell you , as Far as I can Remember Youve always Looked Down on the Gay People .

Carl: Son , I was young , and Me and my Buddies We Just Joked around , I never Hated Gays , I mean Yea I thought it was Nasty and Disturbing , But thats because I didnt Know anything about them , Their Lifestyle was Unusual , And the Only thing I knew was they Took it Up the Ass . Growing Up in my days that was Frowned upon .

Cameron: So Your Ok with this , With Me being

Carl: Gay ? Yea Im Ok with it , Your My Son And I would Never Hate You Or Judge you At least Not For Who you love .

Cameron: You Dont Know , How Glad I am to Hear that after seeing your faces I was For sure You were Going to hate me .

Carl: Son You gotta Know that No Matter what You Do your still Our Boys and We Would Do anything To Help you . When You said that He was your Boyfriend , I wasnt Upset with You ,I was Mad at myself .

Cameron: Why ?

Carl: I Just thought Of All the Horrible things and Jokes that I said about Gays , How It Must have Felt for you to Hear that , And Know that You were One , Im Sorry Son , Im Sorry If I ever Made you Feel that I wouldn't Love you For Who you really Are , It Hurts To Know That You had to keep that secret and Bare the Stupid Ignorant Comments of Me and My Friends .

Cameron: Its Ok ,

Carl: I need For You to know how Sorry I am ,

Cameron: I Forgive you Dad .

Carl: So I have a Gay son Ha Ha , Wait till the Guys at the Poker game here this

Cameron: They Gone Clown you lol

Carl: Thanks Alot Cam lol

Cameron: No Problem , What you do think Mom has to say

Carl: Im Not gonna Lie , she's gonna Be pissed

Cameron: You Think ?

Carl: After You and your Brother Left Home , She has Been banking on one Of you Knocking up some chick , just so she can have Grand Child .

Cameron: Aww Ma , I feel bad Now

Carl: Dont , And Dont ever Let me here you say that again , Im Proud of you , For Everything , I Honestly thought You were going down the wrong road , and Now you turned it all around , Your Doing good in College , Track team , and It seems like You found someone to control the family's Curse of anger lol

Cameron: Yea I Did

Carlos: Listen , I think tonight was Just too Much , Im Still Jet Lagged , so lets call it a Night and Tomorrow We can all have Lunch and meet this boyfriend of yours

Cameron: Sounds Good

Carl: Aight , Let me Go In here Your Mother Before she Pulls all her hair out

I Got Up off the ground and dusted my hands off , I hugged my Dad , and He made One of his Infamous gay Jokes and this time We both laughed , I love You son , He said , I love you too Dad. I went to the car where Kendrick was sitting in the passenger seat On the Phone .

Kendrick: let me call you back

Cameron: You ready to go ?

Kendrick: Yea , Your Smiling so Im Guessing It went good

Cameron: He Excepted me , My Dad Embraced Me .

Kendrick: You Sound Happy

Cameron: I Am Happy , And Gay Lol

Kendrick: Ewwww Dont Say that again .

Cameron: Trust me I wont . Because I wont have to , Once everybody see's me with My Boyfriend Then they will Know .

Kendrick: Awwwww You Love me ?

Cameron: Duh , Who was that on the Phone

Kendrick: Ant , He and Tiara are Blowing Off Steam with A Bottle Of ciroc

Cameron: I could use a shot Right Now

Kendrick: Then Lets Go .

I cranked Up the Car and turned the Music Up Loud and Let the Windows Down , As I was Driving Down the Highway , I looked over at Kendrick nodding his head to the Music , I couldn't Help but touch him , I reached over and grabbed his hand , he looked at me and smiled and For the second time tonight I saw Love .