Between a Rock and a Hard Place

Kendrick's POV

After that Much Needed quickie Cam and I feel asleep , and Woke Up Hours later to his Phone Ringing off the Hook . It was his mom calling Back to Back , He thought it was a good idea to Ignore Her , I mean I only Knew her for a Couple of days and I knew that was a Bad Idea , Just look at the last time you avoided her phone calls , she showed up at the Door . So While He was in the bathroom , I grabbed his phone when It started ringing and Answered it , She sounded Pretty Hysterical when she asked for Cam , I handed Him the Phone and he started Going Off About Not Wanting to see Carlos , and She should Drop it . Then All Of a sudden his he got quite and this Look Of shock just took over his face . He shook his head side to side , and Just stood there with this Blank Face , I could tell something was Wrong . He Hung the Phone up and sat on the Bed without saying anything he Just laid back Looking up at the ceiling .

Kendrick: Everything Ok ?

Cameron: ...........

Kendrick: Cam , Cameron

I Got up laid across him , and He still didnt look at me .

Kendrick: You Ok ? What ya Mom Say ?

Cameron: Carlos was Involved In a gang Fight , A bunch Of Dudes Jumped on Him

Kendrick: Is He Ok ?

Cameron: I dont Know , he's Being Prepped for Emergency surgery Right Now

Kendrick: You wanna Go to the Hospital ?

Cameron: Naw Im Good

Kendrick: Cam ,

Cameron: What

Kendrick: So You Just gone sit here while yo Brother have Emergency Surgery , When Its Emergency surgery Its Usually Life or Death .

Cameron: Well what difference Am I Gone make , Im Not a Surgeon Or Doctor , I cant Help Him

Kendrick: Ok then Be there For Him , For Your Family

Cameron: Im Tired , and I got to study

Kendrick: Dont Do that , He's Your Brother

Cameron: You Always say that Like its Suppose to Mean something , he Aint Been a Brother too Me in a Long time Did you forget what he Did to you , TO ME

Kendrick: No I didnt , and thats why I know He Needs You , Not to Long Ago I was In a Dark Room , Not knowing if I was going to make it out alive , Feeling alone , So I know How it feels to Need somebody there , Go Be there for Him , If Not Him at Least For your Mom and Dad .

He Just layed there and Pushed me off him , and sat up . He Rubbed his fingers threw his hair like he was really making a Important Decision . I just sat behind him Hoping he would make the right decision and Not let his Anger towards his Brother Cloud his Judgement . He turned around and looked at me .

Cameron: I'll go but you gotta Go with me

Kendrick: Ok

We Change Jump in the shower and Change Clothes , Since he was In his Thinking Mode which is basically Focusing on One thing and starring at it , I figured it was best that I drive us to the Hospital . The ride there was silent , He didnt say anything he just starred out the window , Once we made it to the hospital , we got in the elevator and I could visibly see him shaking , I grabbed his hand and leaned on his shoulder , the doors Open and I let Go of Him , as he walked out the elevator towards his Family , his Mom was Hysterically Crying while his dad held her and stroked her hair , Surprisingly Mr Carl wasnt that bent out of shape , I guess I see where Cam gets his way of dealing with things like this . I took a seat a couple chairs Down from them Just to give them Space . A Couple Minutes passed by and the Doctor came out to Explain what was going On with Carlos .