aren't we just friends? [g]

word count: 932 words

request for @BrieannaLoren

[28th october 2017]

it was a very boring day to say the least. brieanna literally had nothing to do and decided to invite her friend grayson to watch a movie at her house. he agreed and said he'd be there in a few minutes. brieanna got to work and set up netflix on the tv in the living room, throwing a few blankets on the couch. she set out a variety of chips and lollies on the table before hearing the doorbell ring.

"coming!" brieanna yelled whilst running to the front door, nearly slipping because of her socks against the smooth floor. she opened the door, leaning against it as she smiled up at grayson. he was in black 4ou sweatpants and a black vans hoodie.

"hi." he said cutely, reaching down to hug her. she stood on her tiptoes and hugged him back before closing the door behind them both.

"took you long enough." brieanna joked, leading him into the living room. he slipped off his shoes and set his bag down.

"what movie are we watching?" grayson asked as he made himself comfortable on the couch, placing the large bowl of popcorn on his lap. she shrugged and sat next to him, holding the tv remote in her hand.

"no clue. i was gonna wait for you to come so we could pick together." she put a piece of popcorn in her mouth as they both searched netflix for a good movie.

"ooh, let's watch that." grayson said excitedly, pointing to insidious. brieanna's eyes widened and stared at him in shock.

"what? no way, gray." she said worriedly but he was persistent.

"it just has a couple jump scares but it's a good movie in general." he retorted making her sigh. she nodded and hesitantly clicked on his chosen movie. she pulled the blankets around her and moved closer to grayson. "brie, the movie hasn't started yet."

"i know. i'm just being prepared." grayson nodded and tried to hold in his laugh. 40 minutes into the movie and she got scared multiple times. she was holding her breath and when another jump scare occurred, she jumped and held gray's muscular arm tightly. he chuckled and shook his head. "this is so freaking scary!"

"it's really not." grayson replied with a snort, looking down at brieanna and finally realised that she was genuinely scared. "okay woah, you're scared. just look at me, okay? keep your eyes on me. even though you may be scared, i wanna watch this."

brieanna nodded and rested her chin on grayson's shoulder, facing him and still holding his arm. he continued to watch the movie. whilst staring at him, brieanna admired his features. his chiseled jawline, his cute nose, his slightly patchy stubble and his amazingly soft hair. these were all things she could admire while staring at him so close. her mouth dropped open ever so slightly.

grayson did a double take when he looked back at brieanna, seeing how close the two of them really were. he froze and stared at her, his eyes flickering down to her lips. she could feel his short breaths fanning her face. without a second thought, grayson leaned down and pushed his lips onto brieanna's. she was shocked but kissed back, forgetting all about the scary movie.

it was as if the entire night was building up to this moment. without breaking the kiss, gray moved the popcorn from his lap and turned himself to face brieanna completely. she does the same and slightly spreads her legs so grayson can lay comfortably between them. both of brieanna's hands were placed on his cheeks. gray's left hand was holding her cheek while the other freely roamed her body.

"wait, wait." brieanna said breathlessly, slightly pushing on grayson's chest. he pulled away with heavy breaths, his mouth still open and his eyes closed.

"w-why?"

"should we be doing this? aren't we just friends?" brieanna said confusedly. grayson's eyes began to open and he looked down at brieanna.

"do you want to be just friends or maybe something more?" grayson implied, raising an eyebrow. he had a slight smirk on his face.

"what are you trying to say?" brieanna asked slowly as her heart began beating quickly. grayson's cheeks turned a tinge of pink.

"i'm trying to say that i don't wanna be friends anymore. maybe... i don't know... we could go on a date or something. y'know, just to see where things could go." grayson rambled embarrassedly, sitting up and pulling brieanna up with him. he scratched the back of his neck and waited for her answer. she bit her lip to hide her smile.

"um, yeah. i-i'd like that." brieanna stuttered nervously, a small dreamy sigh escaping her lips. grayson grinned and looked back at the movie, rolling his eyes.

"i've got better things to do than watch a movie."

"like what?" brieanna asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. grayson smirked at her, leaning forward.

"like this." he mumbled and kissed her softly, taking her by surprise. it didn't take long for her to kiss him back, this time wrapping her arms around his neck. his hands held her waist, pulling her onto his lap. later that night, grayson left but promised to take brie out the next day. he kept his promise and from then on, he was her boyfriend.

i didn't know whether to make the outcome of them ending up dating because brieanna never specified but this is what i came up with. hope you like it, brieanna :)