not our future- 2 [e]

word count: 1281 words

[4th october 2017]

"please..." ethan cried but you shook your head. he sat on the couch, his head in his hands. you opened the front door and stood there, wishing this was all a prank but you knew it wasn't.

"ethan," you called out making him look up at you. you sighed, feeling the tears welling up once again, "be a good father."

1 year later

you were slightly embarrassed to say that it took way longer to get over ethan than you thought it would. everythiny was so overwhelming but to know that he is now the father of someone else's child? that hurt a lot. you and ethan were very public with your relationship so when he started posting photos of the baby bump but saw you without one, it didn't take long for them to figure out what happened.

he ended up having a baby girl. it takes everything in you not to burst out crying every time a picture of the father and daughter come up on your twitter or instagram. you wished that it was you because you and ethan always talked about starting a family.

you went about your life, finishing high school and are now in your second year of university. you were financially stable and had a job you thoroughly enjoyed. a few weeks ago, you got a message from grayson.

hey, how are you?

i'm doing good. uni's a pain in the ass. what about you?

i'm really good. e and i are gonna fly to nyc for trl in a few weeks.
crap.
sorry for mentioning him.

it's okay, gray.

if it makes you feel better, my parents were disgusted with him.

hahaha, that's good i guess?

you deserve better than him anyways. you deserve someone who's not gonna cheat on you, lie to you, make you cry, get another girl pregnant. someone who will actually treat you the way you should be treated.

who gonna do all that for me tho?

me

ha ha, veryyy funny

i'm dead serious rn, y/n

you were shocked. did grayson seriously just say that he'd be a better boyfriend for you? does he... wanna be with you?

wait wait wait, hold tf up. so you wanna... date me?

yes.

lemme get this straight cos im a little shook atm

hahaha okay

so you like me? and wanna be my boyfriend??

basically yea

gray, isn't that wrong? you're my ex's twin brother.

yeah and that ex of yours got another girl pregnant. i think we've already reached 'wrong' with what he did.

you got a point.

give me one chance and if you don't like me that way or don't wanna be with me than i'll back off.

okay.