don't say we're over [g]

word count: 1363 words
warning: contains swearing

disclaimer- grayson bailey dolan would never do this!!

[8th september 2017]

stepping off the plane felt like a gruesome task on it's own but when you saw that you still had to walk an extra 10 minutes, your legs just about gave out. you just landed in la after spending 3 months in australia for school and you were so unbelievably tired. you've missed your boyfriend terribly and it was really hard for you to leave him but you knew that you both could do it.

you caught an uber back to your apartment where gray was waiting for you. it was around 12am so you expected him to be asleep and you were so excited to join him, seeing as you felt like you'd drop dead in a few seconds. you didn't tell him when you were coming back, you just said that it was sometime this week. you slowly unlocked the door before pulling your suitcase into the large space. closing and locking the door behind you, you crept into the kitchen to get a drink of water.

whilst drinking from a water bottle, you heard something unusual from yours and grayson's room. a woman. your mind starting racing. why would there be a woman in here? cameron's away at college and lisa's in new jersey. the only reason that there could be a woman with grayson is that he's.... but he wouldn't do that. you're just tired and hearing things, right?

with all these uneasy thoughts in your head, you tiptoed to the room and stood outside it silently. you pressed your ear against the door, hoping to hear something but nothing could be heard. with a heavy heart, you pushed open the door and saw exactly what you feared you would.

you boyfriend had another woman pushed up against the wall, his face buried in her neck. he had one hand on her cheek and the other holding her thigh up as it circled around his waist. her head was leaned back on the wall and she was clearly having a good time. she opened her eyes and when she saw you, she let out a gasp.

"g-grayson, stop." she murmured and pushed him back by his shoulder. he gave her a confused look and she nodded to the door where you stood. grayson was speechless. so were you. he always talked about how he loved you so much and would never leave you, lie to you or cheat on you. You shouldn't have believed him.

"y/n, oh my god..." he whispered and stepped forward slightly before stopping. he looked back at the girl before looking at you, "no. this is not happening. y/n, i am so sorry."

"i'm just... gonna go now." the girl said, picking up her discarded shirt and shoes. she walked past you hurriedly making her scent waft over you. weirdly enough, you could smell grayson. all over her. the scent that you were so used to when you wore his hoodies, hugged him or cuddle with him. the scent that was usually all over you was now on another woman.

"w-why? why would you do something like that? i don't understand." you said quietly, stepping out of the room and hurrying back to your suitcase that was still standing next to the kitchen counter. you grabbed it and wheeled it to the front door.

"stop please!" you heard grayson say loudly as his footsteps thumped after you. you couldn't even bring yourself to look at him. you just couldn't.

"i never thought that you would cheat on me, grayson. you knew! you knew that that was my biggest fear with relationships! you knew that i was scared to date you because i was cheated on multiple times in past relationships but what did you say to me? why did you say to me, grayson!" you yelled, officially losing all the cool you had. grayson gulped harshly, feeling tears pricking at his eyes at your words.

"i-i-," he coughed and cleared his throat, widening his eyes slightly as if to prevent tears from falling, "i said that i'd never do that to you."

"why did you say that to me if you were going to anyways? was that just so you could hurt me? you're just like all my ex boyfriends." you said with an angry face. your nose was slightly scrunched up, as a visual representation of your disgust and annoyance. you were kind of angry at yourself. a part of you knew that this would happen. after all the experience you had with cheating boyfriends, you should've known that this would be the same. grayson seemed different though. you thought he was different. there was something in him that you thought deserved a chance. oh how wrong you were.

"please forgive me. i can't take back what i did and i swear i would if i could. i missed you so much. that's why-"

"that's why what? that's why you cheated on me? because you missed me? i missed you too grayson but i didn't sleep with every guy i came across!" you yelled, throwing your arms up in frustration. grayson sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "i can't believe you right now!"

"look, i'm not gonna push you to make a decision right now. all i want is for us be together," he said calmly making you scoff. he should've thought about before he even looked at another girl, "and i wanna make this work. please don't say we're over. i love you so much to let you go so easily, y/n. Please don't leave."

"i'm never going to forgive you for this. like that is something i want you to know as of now. try whatever little trick you want but you will never be the same guy in my eyes." you said coldly making his lip quiver ever so slightly. he bit his lip tightly, trying to stop himself from breaking down completely. "at the end of the day, if you really did love me then you wouldn't have had that slut pushed up against a wall. you wouldn't have even looked at another girl while i was away. that just goes to show how weak your love for me is."

"no... baby it's not like that. i love you." he said sadly making you shake your head slowly.

"no you don't. don't make up lies just to make me stay with you. i'm leaving and there's nothing you can do about it." you said finally, making your decision that you know will result in a happier ending for you. grayson changed instantly at the sight of you about to leave the apartment.

"no no no! stop! you're not leaving me." he yelled and pulled your shoulder back making you gasp in pain. he squeezed it harder making you yell out.

"ow, grayson! let go of me! you're hurting me, stop!" you screamed and shoved him back. you let out shaky breath and held your shoulder in pain, tears trickling down your cheeks. grayson breathed heavily and closed his eyes to calm himself down. he finally opened them and took in your fearful state.

"i don't know what came over me. fuck." he whispered and pulled at the ends of his hair. you looked at him warily and backed up to the door.

"grayson," you called out with a harsh sniffle before you would leave the apartment. he looked at you with raised eyebrows and a hopeful look on his face which would usually make you swoon but you just felt disgusted by looking at him, "we're over."

you quickly slammed the door shut and ran away from the apartment, driving to a hotel where you could stay for the night. grayson was completely shocked and didn't know what to do. he was pacing the apartment, stressed out like never before as he wondered how to win you back. he never found an answer so he ended up sleeping on your side of the bed that night. and the next. and every night after that.