break up prank [g]

word count: 854 words
warning: contains swearing

ETHANS TONGUE PIERCING OMFG ANd thank you to @intelligentdolan for giving me this idea x

[5th october 2017]

you walked through the front door, surprised that it was quiet. ethan and grayson always made so much noise.

"gray? e?" you called out but got no answer from either of him. you shrugged and went into the living room, seeing your boyfriend sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. "babe, why didn't you answer me?"

he didn't answer and just looked up at you. you leaned down and gently kissed him on the lips before sitting next to him. you could tell he was stressed about something.

"what's wrong?" you asked worriedly, putting your hand on his thigh.

"i don't want you to be too upset or anything, okay?" he said quickly so you nodded, not knowing what else to say. "this isn't a spur in the moment decision. i've been thinking about it for a long time and i think it's the best choice for both of us as individuals."

"what are you trying to say?" you asked, now scared because you had a feeling you knew where this was going.

"i think we should... break up. it's just not working out, y/n." grayson said sadly but you couldn't believe it.

"stop fucking with me. gray, what about us isn't working out?" you said confusedly, wanting a full explanation from him but he wasn't looking at you. "hey, hey. look at me and talk to me."

"we're just... always fighting and arguing-"

"woah, what the hell? where is this coming from? we've never fought. yeah we argue but only about who's gonna pay when we go out or what we're gonna eat." you replied, not believing the words coming out his mouth.

"i just don't wanna be in this relationship anymore." grayson said which really struck you. you fell silent, not knowing what to say to that.

"oh... i- um. i don't know what to say." you said quietly, struggling to hold back tears and find your words. grayson looked at you from the corner of his eye. you began rapidly blinking, hoping that you wouldn't break down in front of him. "do you still love m-me?"

grayson was quiet and you held your breath, breaking down when you heard his next words, "no."

"what?" you said in shock, trying to comprehend what you were hearing. "grayson for how long?"

"two weeks..." his voice was barely above a whisper.

"two weeks? you didn't love me for two weeks and you kept saying you love me. everyday? why would you do that?" you said, breathing heavily. your eyes became blurry with tears and grayson slowly sat up.

"are you crying? y/n?"

"yes, i'm crying! you want to break up with me! you fucking fell out of love with me. that hurts to find out so yes i'm fucking crying." you said, leaning forward and crying into your hands. your body shook violently with each sob and grayson rubbed your back making you shriek, "don't fucking touch me!"

"sorry, sorry." gray said defensively, letting you cry but began to feel bad for you. he didn't want to watch you cry your heart out. "y/n? y/n."

"what!" you exclaimed, looking at him with watery eyes and a red nose. he chuckled and pulled you into a huge hug, kissing all over your face. you were confused and tried shoving him away from you. "what are you doing?"

"it's a prank, babe. i'm so freaking sorry!" grayson said, laughing as he ran to the cupboard and pulled out his camera that was recording you both. your mouth dropped open and you fell back into the couch, furiously wiping away your tears.

"you've gotta be kidding me! i was crying like a little bitch! gray, you're so annoying." you said, glaring at your boyfriend. he laughed and pulled you into his chest, kissing you softly. despite being mad at him, you kissed him back.

"do you know how bad i felt when you started crying? god, a part of me even started crying." grayson said, feeling bad that he let the prank go that far. "guys don't ever request a prank like that again. i hate seeing her cry. i'm sorry baby!"

"yeah yeah, fuck you!" you said loudly, flipping him off as you walked out of the living room. you heard his loud laugh as he continued talking to the camera. later, he joined you and pulled you into a tight hug. he buried his face in your neck, not letting you leave.

"i'm sorry, babe." he said quietly and you rolled your eyes, quite annoyed at him.

"you do still love me though. right?" you asked, your insecurities eating you up. he pulled his head back and looked at you in shock.

"yes, yes, yes! i'm so fucking in love with you, y/n. i love everything about you. that was just a stupid prank. i love you so much." gray reassured you, hugging you again and sent away all your doubts. .