panic attack [g]

word count: 868 words
warning: contains swearing, panic attacks
@y/t/n- your twitter name

[16th may 2017]

your boyfriend, grayson invited you on tour with him and ethan. of course you joined them, having nothing better to do with your life. rught now, you just landed at the airport for one of the boys' shows. there were about 100 and more fans waiting outside which worried you. you knew grayson didn't like being squished together with so many people so you hoped he would be able to get to the car quickly and safely.

as you grabbed your bags and were ready to pass through the enormous crowd of girls, you felt a firm hand grab yours. you knew it was grayson without looking and held his hand tighter, rubbing the back of his hand with the pad of your thumb. he sent you a nervous smile.

"it'll be okay." you said softly, kissing his cheek and following ethan and their bodyguard. you were all now engulfed in the mass of girls who were screaming and shoving their phones in your faces. many people tried pushing each other to try and get closer to the boys which led to more girls falling forward. it was extremely suffocating and intense for you so you could only imagine how grayson felt. you and rayson continued to hold hands the entire way through and you could feel grayson's grip tightening.

"y-y/n?" you faintly heard grayson's voice. you turned your head to him, only to see his eyes watering. he was breathing heavily and you knew what was happening. you gripped the back of ethan's shirt causing him to halt and turn to you confusedly. he saw his brother's state and faintly mumbled 'shit'. you pulled grayson towards you, trying to stop the girls from clawing at him. you ran your fingers through his hair, attempting to calm him down.

you noticed ethan was no longer next to you but was now walking towards a secluded corner in the airport. their bodyguard helped you and grayson out of the crowd and next to ethan. you all sat on the seats while the bodyguard and the airport security kept the crowd away from you and the boys.

"gray? babe, it's okay now." you said quietly, rubbing his back. he nodded shakily, gripping your hand tightly again. you wrapped your arms around him as he began to sob into your shoulder. you looked down at him, gasping at the state of his neck and shoulders. he had scratch marks and small blotches of blood all over them. many girls probably wanted a hug and since grayson was wearing a singlet, he was left with scratch marks.

"look, buddy. you're okay now." ethan said to his brother who didn't reply. when ethan looked at you, you pointed to grayson's back. ethan's eyes widened and he quickly went to the airport security to get a first aid kit.

"grayson, i don't want you to get worried but i'm gonna need you to take off your singlet." you spoke when ethan finally returned with two men wearing uniforms, one of them holding a first aid kit in his hands. grayson looked up at you worriedly.

"w-what? why?" grayson asked weakly, his eyes brimming with tears. his eyes were bloodshot red and his cheeks were stained with tears. you gave him a sad look, hating that he has to go through this.

"we need to get you cleaned up, bup. Please." you said gently, caressing his cheek. he sighed and slowly took off his singlet, ignoring the loud cheering of the crowd. he instantly turned his face and rested his chin on your shoulder so his only view was the white walls. ethan stood in front of you both with his hands on his hips, attempting to shield grayson from the fans. when the fans noticed the men cleaning grayson's back and covering it with bandages, they became worried. you could hear them from where you were sitting.

"what happened to grayson? omg! is he okay? who did that to my baby? my poor baby. grayson, are you okay? ethan, what's going on? y/n!"

when grayson's back was finally bandaged, he slipped on a hoodie from his suitcase. he pulled up the hood so his face was covered, not wanting the fans to see his red eyes and face. you all hurriedly walked to the car, this time not stopping for anyone. grayson was silent the entire ride to the hotel, not letting go of your hand. later that night, you and ethan took to twitter to address the issue.

@ethandolan: today was not a good day. as soon as we landed, fans physically hurt grayson (unintentionally) which led to him having to get bandages.

@ethandolan: y'all need to be careful with how you interact with someone. grayson's doing okay.

@y/t/n: to say i'm shocked is an understatement. when you go for a hug, you don't scratch someone's back till they're bleeding.

@y/t/n: thankfully, gray is doing good but that doesn't make it okay. PLEASE BE CAREFUL NEXT TIME.

later that night, #sorrygrayson was trending number 1 on twitter.