don't say we're over- 2 [g]

word count: 1417 words

sorry for taking so long to upload another imagine. these take so long to write smh

[24th september 2017]

"grayson," you called out with a harsh sniffle before you would leave the apartment. he looked at you with raised eyebrows and a hopeful look on his face which would usually make you swoon but you just felt disgusted by looking at him, "we're over."

you quickly slammed the door shut and ran away from the apartment, driving to a hotel where you could stay for the night. grayson was completely shocked and didn't know what to do. he was pacing the apartment, stressed out like never before as he wondered how to win you back. he never found an answer so he ended up sleeping on your side of the bed that night. and the next. and every night after that.

after what grayson did to you, it was hard for you to trust another guy. even 5 months after breaking up with grayson, you found it difficult to put yourself in that position to get hurt again. you decided to stay single for a while, thinking that that was the best decision for you. that was before you met trevor.

trevor was a guy you met at a party that your friend hosted. he's extremely nice and treats you like a queen. you decided to give him a chance and you've been together for 3 months.

"babe, there's a party at my friend's house. wanna go together?" trevor asked as he stepped into the living room. you looked up from your laptop with a thoughtful face. you didn't have any plans that day so you agreed. "be ready by 6."

it was 4:45 so you walked to the stairs to take a shower. before you could get very far, trevor pulled you back from your waist and into his chest.

"um, i think you're forgetting something." he pouted and you giggled, pressing your lips against his. he kissed back, holding your waist tightly while your arms looped around his neck. you pulled away and patted his chest gently.

"i need to take a shower. i won't be long." you said before running to the bathroom. during your shower, you occasionally wondered how grayson was doing and whether or not he moved on. you weren't in love with him anymore and you definitely didn't want to be with him anymore. 1 hour later, you finished with your shower and got dressed. you walked down the stairs where trevor was waiting for you.

"ooh, my baby looks sexy as hell." trevor said excitedly making you laugh. you shook your head at his cuteness and walked to the front door. you didn't hear him walking so you looked back, only to see that he was staring at your ass. you rolled your eyes and walked out of the house, a small smile playing at your lips.

by the time you reached trevors friends house, the party was in full swing. when you stepped foot on the front porch, you could feel it vibrating under your foot. that's how loud the music was. you knew that there would be many noise complaints from the neighbours. trevor pushed the door open, holding your waist so he doesn't lose you in the sea of people.

girls and guys were grinding against each other, many of which were drunk out of their minds. you made sounds of disgust as you pushed through the dancing people. in the crowd, it was extremely humid and everyone was sweating. when you finally pushed through the entire crowd, you let out an audible sigh of relief before walking to the kitchen where there was a variety of drinks. you settled for a bottle of water before turning to give another to trevor but he was nowhere in sight. you figured that he was still in the crowd but knew that he could handle himself.

"this is so boring..." you mumbled to no one in particular before walking upstairs to find a bathroom. as you went up, you caught the eye of your boyfriend who was standing with his friends across from the stairs. he made a move to join you but you shook your head and mouthed 'toilet'. he nodded skeptically and watched to make sure you made it to the top of the stairs without any drunkards making a move on you.

you walked through the hallways, opening each door and having to apologise to the half-naked couples that were... enjoying themselves. before you could reach the last few doors, someone grabbed you by your waist and pulled you into an empty room whilst holding your mouth shut. you screamed and began to fight back until you recognised the voice that was shushing you.

"shh, hey it's me." he said making you freeze. you didn't think he'd be here. you turned around slowly, coming face to face with the boy that left you heartbroken for months.

"what do you want?" you exclaimed with a bored expression, backing away from him. he let out a deep breath.

"i want you back, y/n. please. i honestly can't live without you. i regret what i did and i know i can't take it back but i am extremely sorry about it." he pleaded but you weren't having it. you squinted your eyes at him- partially because it was dark in the room and because you didn't find his apology sincere.

you didn't know what to say so you laughed. grayson was clearly taken aback by it and he stared at you weirdly.

"y-you think i'd ever t-take you back? oh god, you're hilarious." you said in between fits of laughter. he just stared at you sadly but you didn't care. he left you heartbroken for 5 months for some slut. he clearly wasn't thinking of your feelings at the time so why should you do the same?

"y/n..."

"no gray. listen to me. i loved you. a lot and i gave you everything i had. i don't have feelings for you anymore. the most that i will do is forgive you for what you did." you said with a small shrug. he raised one brow and he looked at you as if you were joking.

"why would you do that?" he asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. you pursed your lips before replying.

"i've moved on. i have a boyfriend now and he makes me happy which is exactly what i need. after what you did to me, he brought happiness into my life and made me forget about the horrible thing you did. he's never even looked at another girl in an inappropriate way. he respects me and i love him, gray." you said quietly and grayson remained quiet. he was speechless. this conversation was not going the way he hoped it would. "i got a second chance at happiness and i- for some reason- want you to have that opportunity as well."

"well... i um don't know what to say." grayson cleared his throat, slightly widening his eyes for a split second as if to dry up his tears.

"you also made me happy, gray. i want you to know that. cheating on me doesn't change the fact that you did such good things to and for me. but cheating on me stopped you from being able to continue doing that. just know that-" you were about to explain how important grayson was in your life when the door swung open revealing a worried trevor. he looked you up and down, letting out a sigh of relief when he saw that you were unharmed.

"y/n, you scared the crap out of me. i thought someone drunk got you and hurt you or something." he said quickly, rushing forward and pulling you into his chest. he heard grayson's slow cough and turned to face him, pushing you behind him slightly. "who the hell are you?"

"i'm..." grayson started, his eyes flitting to you. his eye twitched as he spoke, "an old friend of y/n's. you are?"

"trevor. y/n's boyfriend." trevor introduced himself, relieved that gray was a 'friend' of yours and not a random drunk guy. he shook grayson's hand firmly. grayson had a tight smile on his face, his eyes shining with unshed tears because he finally realised that he can't have you back anymore.

no part 3 for this x