quitting [e]

word count: 590 words
warning: contains swearing

[17th june 2017]

"what's up guys. we're back." the twins said quietly, not having the same excitement as usual. you were stood behind the camera and a little to the side as you watched them with sad eyes. you knew what they were gonna do and it broke your heart. this channel and their fans meant the world to them so you got an idea as to how hard this must be.

"today's video is a little different than usual. um, g-grayson?" ethan said weakly, looking to his twin brother. grayson gulped harshly, rubbing his hands together.

"first off, we wanna say how much we love you guys. you've always been there for us and shown us your love and support. nothing will ever change our relationship with each other. we are so so so grateful for each and every single one of you. so from the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much." grayson said seriously, clenching his jaw as his eyes began to tear up. ethan's eyes flickered to you and back to the camera.

"but, we have been doing youtube for more than 8 years and as much as we love making videos, we need to focus on our lives and partners' lives. my fiancé and I are going to be getting married soon and grayson's expecting his first child and everything is so exciting and it needs our full attention and focus. we know we're not going to have enough time to make videos and we'll just make shitty excuses every week. that's why... we, unfortunately, will be quitting Youtube. we won't be making videos anymore. we're really sorry." ethan said as a tear slipped out of his eye. he sniffled and grayson wrapped his arm around his brother comfortingly. you wiped a tear away and looked down. you knew how hard this must be for them and you were not excited to find out the response of the fans.

"we want you all to understand that just because we won't continue making videos, we still love you all and we will take photos with you guys on the streets and we'll still remember all the good memories you gave us. thank you all for everything, once again. we love you so much and we will always be there for you. we will continue posting on instagram, twitter and occasionally on snapchat." grayson said after wiping his own tears. he looked at his brother slowly and whispered something into his ear. ethan nodded sadly and sat up straight.

"for the last time ever... peace!" they tried shouting enthusiastically to end the video happily but it was to no avail. it was extremely clear how upset the boys were. you turned off the camera for them and ethan instantly jumped up and wrapped his arms around you, crying into your neck.

"shh, it's okay." you said reassuringly. grayson left the room and into the other room where his wife was. you could hear his crying from where you were. ethan's body shook with each sob.

"i-i just feel s-so bad." ethan was able to say through the tears. you nodded and held him tightly, making him sigh and pull you both down onto the bed. you leaned on the head board and pulled your fiancé to lay between your legs, his head resting on your chest. he continue to whimper and occasionally cry but you were there to hold him tight and send away his doubts.