management [e]

word count: 1080 words
warning: contains swearing

two updates in one day, f yeah

[19th august 2017]

"no, i'm not gonna do it!" ethan yelled and slammed his palm on the glass table. grayson and everyone else jumped slightly but knew that ethan had every right to be angry.

"ethan, this is your future we're looking out for." frank [a/n- random name] said calmly as he shuffled his papers in front of him.

"y/n is my future and i'm not gonna take her out of it!" your boyfriend of 3 years continued and felt his blood boiling. how could they ask ethan to break up with you just so their views won't go down? according to the twins' management team, their views started decreasing ever since ethan revealed that he had a girlfriend- you.

"we'vd tried being nice to you, young man. you either break up with the girl or say bye to your career." frank said and sent ethan a glare. ethan was speechless and stared blankly at him. grayson was shocked as well. he loved you and thought that you made ethan a better and happier person. the last thing he wanted was to break you and ethan up but he had no say in the matter.

"n-no. please." ethan pleaded as he fell back into his seat. grayson reached over and rubbed his twin's back while sending him a sympathetic look.

"i'm sorry, kid. it's up to you now otherwise we'll have to take action." frank leaned back in his seat, along with the rest of the management team as they awaited ethan's response. ethan bent over and covered his face with his hands. he weighed the pros and cons.

pros? nothing. cons? everything.

that's all he could think of. with a heartbroken face, he helplessly pulled his phone out of his pocket and slammed it on the table.

"what do i say?" he mumbled which made grayson gasp and frank to smirk. grayson was shocked that his twin brother would actually let someone else tell him who to break up with and when to do it. if grayson was in that position, he wouldn't think twice before kissing his career goodbye. to him, love was the most important.

"sat you cheated with meredith. put it on speaker." frank said nonchalantly. ethan struggled to find his next words as he sent the team a disbelieving look. the other members seemed to sympathise with him except for frank.

"with m-meredith..." ethan whispered as he dialled your number. heHe pressed speaker and prayed that you wouldn't pick up the phone, just so he wouldn't have to deliver this fake but heartbreaking news. ethan's heart stopped beating every time it stopped ringing because he thought you'd have picked up. when it continued to ring, he would let out a sigh of relief. this continued for a few seconds. it rung for what seemed like forever until you picked up.

"hey baby!" you said happily into your phone, expecting an equally happy reply. ethan shut his eyes tightly, feeling the tears starting to gather in his eyes. everyone, apart from frank, visibly winced at the sound of your happy voice as they knew you wouldn't be too happy by the end of this phone call. grayson's heart broke for his brother and he was not excited to see the outcome of this breakup.

"h-hey." ethan said quietly and cleared his throat quickly. you frowned and instantly knew that there was something wrong.

"uh-oh. i know that sound. what happened? who got on your nerves today?" you joked and obviously didn't see the death stare ethan gave frank.

"we need to talk." those four words were enough to strike fear throughout your body. everyone knew what those words meant.

"a-about what?" you asked and sat on your bed. ethan sighed shakily and bit his lip, sending grayson a helpless look which was returned.

"i... cheated on you." he said so quietly that you almost didn't hear him. but you did. you gasped and felt your eyes tearing up. "With meredith."

"are you kidding me? this is a joke, right? you would never do that." you rambled confusedly making ethan cover his eyes after accidentally letting a tear slip down his cheek.

"i'm not kidding." the other members of the management team began whispering to each other, contemplating whether or not to let this continue. they thought that the twins were fine in their careers and they definitely saw a good difference in ethan when you came into his life.

"ethan, why? i thought you loved me..." you said quietly, gripping your bed sheets tightly in your hand. ethan's eyes widened and he quickly began to protest.

"no, no! i do love you. y/n, i love you so much and i always will." he said loudly and meant every word. you shook your head and walked over to your window.

"if you loved me then you wouldn't have cheated. with your ex-girlfriend too? that's so low of you." your voice shook as you spoke and soon enough, tears were streaming down your face. ethan glared at frank and clenched his fists tightly under the table.

"just remember something. i didn't want to do it. okay? i love you and if i could take it back, i would. remember that I was against it." ethan said sternly as he attempted to drop hints about management forcing him to break up with you. grayson knew what he was doing and a sad smile overtook his features because he knew it would make no difference. you, on the other hand, were too heartbroken to realise.

"what do you mean you didn't want to do it? clearly you did because you've ruined this entire relationship. i hope you're happy." you spat angrily and hung up straight after. the room was tense and everyone watched ethan warily, unaware of his next move. even frank was slightly afraid.

"e..." grayson started but ethan shook his head. his slightly widened and teary eyes were trained on his now silent phone. his knee was bouncing erratically and his fists were clenched so tightly that they were turning white. his breathing was heavy and his shoulders moved with every breath. he rose to his feet and had everyone's eyes trained on him but his eyes were trained on frank.

"fuck  you." he said calmly but everyone could see the pain behind his eyes.