abusive- 2 [g]

word count: 1026 words
warning: contains swearing

THIS IS THE SECOND AND LAST PART FOR THIS IMAGINE. pretend you guys are in your twenties

[6th august 2017]

"i'm already on my way. don't hang up." ethan said sternly. you in response, even though he couldn't see you. you sat on the floor motionless. you didn't have the energy to move. you hoped that ethan would reach you before grayson did as you didn't know how much longer you could take the abuse.

it was extremely awkward as you sat on the uncomfortable chair, waiting for him to sit in front of you. chatter was heard from all around you as men talked with friends and families but the only thing you were focused on was your ex-boyfriend.

"what are you doing here?" gray asked with a shocked look. his hair had grown quite a bit since his time here and he had a stubble. he had dark bags under his eyes. his eyes had a glint of hope in them when he took notice of you. the orange jumpsuit was tight on his upper body, showing that he was clearly still working out.

"i-i don't know." you said quietly and looked down, fiddling with your fingers. grayson's pained eyes took in every detail of your face as he didn't know when he'd see you again. after ethan came and picked you up, he was torn between you and his twin brother. obviously he loves both of you but the state you were in made ethan's decision for him. grayson was arrested with several charges of domestic violence and would stay in jail for 10 years. [a/n- i don't know how many years in jail real abusers get so go with it] that's why you were here visiting him.

"y/n... i am so-" grayson started but you shook your head quickly.

"don't. please." you cut him off. grayson slumped in his seat, an ashamed look on his face. after spending months in jail, grayson learned the true extent of his actions and missed you terribly. he tried calling you but it was no use- you never picked up.

"okay. what are you really doing? here? y/n, why do you even wanna see me? i caused you so much pain and heartbreak and yet you're here. why?" grayson sniffled, lifting his hand up to wipe his nose lightly. the handcuffs around his wrists jingled as his hands moved. your eyes started to well up with tears and you bit your lip so tight that you could draw blood.

"closure? answers?" you croaked out. you didn't even know the real reason as to why you were visiting him but you felt like you had to. If if you wanted to move on then you had to.

"that's not something i can give you." he quickly wiped a fallen tear and folded his hands together tightly. he kept acting like he was strong but he was falling apart on the inside.

"why not? you abused me for months and you can't tell me why?" you exclaimed, hot and angry tears now falling freely from your eyes. grayson clenched his jaw as he shut his eyes tightly, not wanting to see you crying. he knew what he did was wrong. he knew he shouldn't have done any of it but he doesn't know why he did do it.

"because..." he trailed off, feeling a lump in his throat. he harshly forced it down as he didn't want to break down in front of you.

"because what? just tell me. i spent months wondering what i did for you to abuse me every single day and i could never think of anything. i loved you so much and you can't tell me why you hurt me so much?" you cried, not caring that grayson or the guards or the other people were watching. you've held it in for so long and it felt good to finally let go.

"i'm so sorry. i don't know why i did it. it sounds like bullshit but i don't know. all i know is that i regret it so much and i still love you." grayson said sincerely, tears threatening to slip out of his eyes. your covered your mouth with your hands as you stared at him disbelievingly. "do you still... love me?"

"are you kidding me? you want to know if i still love you? no, grayson. i don't love you. i loved you so much but you fucked it all up. i gave you everything i had. i gave you all my love and you threw it away. so no. i don't love you. i fucking hate you." you spat, practically feeling the venom drip off of your tongue. grayson stared at you with sad eyes. your words really hurt him and he could only imagine how much his hands hurt you.

"babe..."

"don't ever call me that. you have no right to. i guess i got all the answers i could've gotten. take good long look, grayson, because you're not gonna see me for a long goddamn time." you sneered, sitting for a few seconds before standing up abruptly. captivated by your actions, grayson stood up with you and watched as you walked away. it was like a light switched in him and he began to wildly slam on the glass.

"no! get back here! y/n, don't fucking leave me! y/n!" he screamed making you turn in surprise. he continued to punch the glass, not even thinking about the repercussions of his actions. your eyes widened in horror as you watched the glass turn a dark shade of red. grayson's punching caused his fists to bleed onto the glass. his eyes were slammed shut as he hit anything and anyone that came across him.

"oh my god..." you whispered as the guards struggled to contain him. by some miracle of god, they managed to sedate him and he slowly fell back into their arms. he pointed at you and whispered your name when they began to drag him away. he didn't look away from you once as he knew he would never see you again.