friendzone [e]

word count: 730 words

i won't be doing a part two for this. the explanation video the twins put up really makes me upset. i was so emotional throughout it. i wish they knew that we don't expect them to be perfect- even though they are without trying. knowing that ethan and grayson got hurt physically because they didn't want to hurt any of us... it really makes you see how much they truly love us and don't want to disappoint us. as bored as i'll be with my life, i hope they take a break from youtube and social media to help themselves and focus on their mental health because that's what's most important. i appreciate their honesty. if only they spoke up earlier and didn't have to put up a front for us. i love them so much and i hope they get better because they don't deserve to feel like shit.

[28th july 2017]

your heart actually hurt every time ethan would talk about different girls. everyday, he'd fawn over girls and you'd have to take it. you couldn't blame him. he's been your best friend since you could talk and he's never seen you as anything more than that. the only person who knew how you truly felt about ethan was grayson. he found out when he saw the way you were staring at ethan and promised not to tell him.

"y/n, grayson!" ethan yelled as he practically bounced into the open area of the warehouse where you and grayson were sitting together. you raised your brow at him curiously as he sat in between you and his brother.

"what's up?" gray asked as he wondered what's gotten his brother so excited. a smile crept onto your face when you saw ethan's happy expression. his smile had the ability to put you in a good mood, no matter what situation you were in so today was no different.

"meredith and i are going on a date tonight and i'm so nervous." he exclaimed, the smile never leaving his face but yours did. your face instantly blanked and your eyes found grayson's sad ones. he sent you a sad look but you shook your head with a smile. you literally felt your heart clench at his words. it felt heavy. like someone was squeezing it in hopes of you no longer being able to love again. this was the first time he's gone out with a girl after you came to terms with your feelings and it was so hard to comprehend what he was saying.

"really? wow, i'm so happy for you! i hope you guys have fun. you deserve it and more." you said, your eyes welling up with tears. you could feel grayson's eyes on you. ethan's smile faltered as he stared at you. he was more confused than anything as to why you were acting like this.

"what's wrong?" he asked worriedly but you shook your head. as much as you wanted him to know how much he's hurt you, there was that one bit of you that wanted him to stay in the dark and to never find out who you feel about him.

"n-nothing. i'm just s-so happy for you." by now, your tears were slipping down your cheeks freely. gray moved next to you and pulled you into his chest. you cried into his chest and turned your back to ethan. there was no use in trying to hide your feelings for ethan anymore. it was quite obvious at this point.

"y/n..." ethan said sadly. all of a sudden, it was like something clicked in him. there's only own reasonable explanation for your behaviour. you liked him. you- y/n y/l/n- liked ethan grant dolan. unfortunatrlu for you, he didn't feel the same. "i-i... y-you like me? no... y/n."

you buried your face further into grayson's chest, not wanting to see the boy you love walking off to meet with the girl he loves.

"e, i think you should go." gray said, sending his brother a look. ethan walked backwards at first, his eyes never leaving you. he left the room and felt upset that he was the reason behind your tears.