volleyball [g]

word count: 666 words

request for @dxlxn_mxxd

[18th may 2020]

grayson's pov

i walked into the gymnasium where i could see the massive net separating two sides of the court. today was gabby's volleyball match and of course i came out to support her. i brought ethan and emma with me.

"let's sit over there." emma found a seat for us and i was about to follow when i spotted gabby on the bench.

"save my seat. i'm gonna see gabby." they nodded and i walked through the crowd to reach her. "gabby!"

she looked up instantly as i called out her name. her face lit up and she ran over to me. i pulled her into a hug.

"you made it!" she said excitedly making me laugh slightly.

"how can i miss my girls game?" she blushed at the pet name. she was in her outfit consisting of tiny shorts and a tight long sleeve black shirt. she had knee pads on both knees. "you look so cute."

"thanks babe." she blushed even harder if it was possible. before we could talk any further her coach called her back over. "i gotta go now."

"good luck." i pecked her lips gently and she turned to leave but i couldn't help but smack her ass. she gasped and turned around abruptly.

"gray!" she looked embarrassed and look around to make sure no one saw. i winked and shrugged. i couldn't help it.

"i can't help it." she shook her head and laughed as i walked to my seat. the game began shortly after and i watched as gabby perfectly served the ball over the net. we cheered as her team was quickly gaining points. it was 10 minutes into the game where it went downhill. the other team served the ball and both gabby and her teammate ran and jumped to hit the ball, forgetting to call out whose ball it is.

they bumped into each other in the air and gabby fell backwards, hitting her head hard on the floor. the crowd gasped and everyone stood to their feet as she didn't move. my heart was beating out of my chest. i didn't realise that i was already running on to the court and was beside her in seconds.

"gabby? baby, are you okay?" i said worriedly and gently tapped her cheek. she opened her eyes making me let out a sigh of relief. "oh thank god."

"what just happened?" she tried moving but her coach told her to stay still.

"you might have a concussion, gabby. don't move." gabby didn't argue and stayed still while holding my hand.

"gray... my head hurts."

"i know, babe. look the first aid people are coming. we're gonna get you checked up, okay?" i said trying to calm myself down.

"okay." she said weakly. the teammate she ran into kneeled down next to gabby with an apologetic look on her face.

"gabby, i'm so sorry! i didn't mean to, i swear!" she looked like she was about to cry.

"it's okay." gabby could barely speak so i answered for her.

"it's fine. she can't speak too much right now, okay? it's better if she doesn't strain herself." her teammate nodded and watched as gabby was carried away in a stretcher. ethan, emma and i quickly followed behind. it took around 10 minutes for the doctor to tell us she had a concussion. she was allowed to go home but had to rest and couldn't play volleyball for 3 weeks. we took her home and i helped her into mine and ethan's house.

she leaned against me with her arm over my shoulder. i helped her into my room and pretty much tucked her into my bed.

"i'm not a baby." she giggled and tried stopping me.

"yes you are. well.. for the next 3 weeks you are." i scolded her making her roll her eyes at me. i gently kissed her forehead making her smile. "sleep tight, princess."