true feelings- 2 [e]

word count: 622 words
warning: contains swearing

[7th september 2017]

"tell me what!" you screamed making ethan let out a long groan. he looked down at you with a burning face, his cheeks a bright red as he prepares himself to reveal his secret.

"you wanna fucking know so bad? i'm in love with you!"

your breath got caught in your throat and you couldn't believe your ears. ethan dolan just said that he's in love with you. the guy you've loved for god knows how long. a small part of you was unbelieving of the words that left his mouth so you studied him more thoroughly.

his cheeks were still a bright shade of red and he caught his bottom lip between his teeth. his eyes darted around the room and his fingers at his side were constantly rubbing against each other in nervousness.

there's absolutely no way he could be lying. he wouldn't lie about something like this. you still were uncertain so you looked back at grayson who had a somewhat proud look on his face after what his twin just admitted. you sighed and looked away, not knowing what to believe.

"are you serious, ethan? i can't help but think that what you're saying is a lie." you explained with a wary tone making him raise his eyebrows slightly and furrow.

"i would never lie to you about this. i'm not like that, y/n." ethan said with a calm and gentle voice which was a contrast to the way he was previously speaking. he continued with a shy smile, "i really do love you."

it was your turn to blush and you felt your knees going weak. you mentally scolded yourself to get yourself together and cleared your throat slightly. grayson patted your back and nodded to his brother before turning to leave.

"i'll leave you two lovebirds to it then." he muttered as he left the apartment with his jacket. you figured that he went on a walk and would return when you and ethan were... on 'good terms'.

"so..." you started awkwardly making ethan smile. he shook his head as his face held his usually beautiful smile. this put a smile on your face. you decided to break the ice and at least try to talk to him, "i was so convinced that you didn't see me in that way, you know."

"are you kidding? how did you not see the way i looked at you? i'm surprised you never asked why i stared at you all the time." he asked with an impressed look making you blush just at the memory.

you weren't gonna lie, you did catch ethan staring at you a lot but you never thought anything of it. you figured that it was too far-fetched for you to think that he liked you and never pushed on the thought.

"dunno. i never thought that it was because you... loved me." you said and bit your lip as you tried to hide your smile but it was to no avail.

"look, i know i'm going out on a limb here but did you wanna go out sometime? like as a date... or not! you don't have to." he clarified making you giggle at his cuteness.

"yeah of course." you agreed making his face light up. he laughed and pulled you into a hug making you stand on your tip toes to return the hug properly.

you ended up making plans for the following friday night where you went to the movies. after the movie, you went on a small walk to your house where you had your first kiss with him on your front porch. it was really cheesy but romantic.