jealous at the beach [g]

word count: 1075 words

request for @_Natalia_Casey_

[5th may 2020]

the sun shone brightly as natalia, grayson, ethan, and two of their friends climbed out of ethan's jeep. natalia smiled and put her sunglasses over her eyes as she helped the boys take out the stuff from the trunk.

"i'll carry that. it's heavy, baby." grayson said sweetly as he took the basket away from her hands. she smiled and kissed his cheek.

"you're too sweet." he grinned and waited for her to grab the bag with the towels. it was very light so it wasn't difficult to carry at all. ethan lead the way as nate and tyler followed. grayson and natalia walked at the back together and made small talk as they walked.

suddenly, tyler turned around and rushed towards her which took her by surprise.

"natalia, you don't need to carry that. give it to me." tyler said and she shook her head, insisting that it was light enough to carry.

"i'm fine, tyler. it's not heavy at all." natalia replied with a small smile on her face. grayson's eyebrows were furrowed and natalia could see his squinted eyes through his sunglasses.

"i don't want you carrying anything though." tyler said as he stared at her intensely which made her uncomfortable. grayson noticed and took a slight step closer.

"don't worry man. she's all good." grayson said it in such a tone which basically said don't push it. tyler nodded and left in defeat, his head hung low. she shook it off and didn't think too much of it.

"nat, gray! hurry up!" ethan shouted from the front making nat and grayson walk faster. the boys found a spot under a big tree so they all began to set up. natalia took off her denim shorts and waited for the boys to finish.

"let's go in the water!" nate said excitedly making all of them nod and agree. grayson held natalia's hand as they made their way to the water.

"it's so cold!" natalia squealed and stood ankle deep in the water. grayson smiled cheekily and picked her up bridal-style. "gray, no! stop!"

"no can do." he said before throwing her into the water. she went under and came up laughing. she splashed him with water and he did it back.

"you're so annoying!" natalia yelled but he knew she was joking. 10 minutes passed of just swimming around and she wanted to go back on the sand. "i'm gonna go sit for a while okay?"

grayson nodded and turned back to his brother who was trying to play a game in the water. natalia laid down and put her sunglasses back on, taking her phone out and scrolling aimlessly through twitter. she saw tyler making his way up too and sent him a small smile.

"hey nat, why aren't you in the water?" he asked and sat down next to her. she shrugged and locked her phone.

"dunno, i just felt like taking a breather up here." he nodded and didn't say anything else. tyler was actually really nice but nate has told natalia that he was a crush on her. he hasn't acted on his feelings but he still gave off weird vibes.

he would stare a second too long and would hug her long enough to make it uncomfortable. grayson knows that tyler has a crush on natalia and although it makes him uncomfortable, he hasn't really confronted tyler about it since he hasn't done anything.

"do you wanna get ice cream?" tyler asked which took her by surprise.

"oh i was going to go with gray in a bit. maybe we can all go together?" she suggested. natalia and tyler caught gray's eye from the water and he could feel his fists clench. he didn't like how much tyler tried to be around her so much.

"why not? he can go later with ethan or nate. come on." he said, dragging out his words. she shook her head and made eye contact with grayson who was already making his way towards them. "come on nat."

"no tyler..." natalia said apologetically. he grabbed her hand and gently tugged on it which made her even more uncomfortable. "stop..."

grayson's pace quickened as he saw tyler grab her hand which natalia clearly didn't like.

"bro what are you doing?" grayson said angrily as he separated natalia's hand from tyler's. tyler stood up quickly and looked nervous.

"gray..." natalia put her hand on his shoulder to calm him down but it wasn't helping. his back muscles were flexing in the sunlight and he had water droplets still rolling down his tan body. he looked good. natalia quickly shook the thoughts out of her head as she focused on the situation in front of her.

"i-i was just asking natalia if she wanted to b-buy ice cream." tyler stuttered in grayson's intimidating presence. compared to tyler, grayson was a giant. both in height and muscle.

"she told you we were going together, didn't she?" grayson questioned with a calm voice. although his voice was calm, it had a deadly undertone to it.

"well yeah-"

"exactly. that's where it ends. you don't need to keep pushing her. you can leave now." grayson glared at tyler who left without another word to join ethan and nate. natalia stood in front of grayson who still had an angry look on his face.

"babe..." she said softly.

"yes natalia?" he replied and kept his jaw clenched and eyebrows furrowed. when he looked down at natalia, it's as if all his anger disappeared. a gentle smile made its way into his face.

"i love you." natalia hugged him tightly and rested her head on his chest. he sighed and hugged her tightly as he tried to get tyler out of his mind.

"i love you too. i'm gonna go crazy with these boys trying shit on you." he huffed, keeping his chin on her head. she giggled and pulled back slightly to look up at him.

"they can try but i'm always going back to one." natalia grinned and watched as he rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face. "can we buy ice cream now?"

"yes, we can." he grabbed his wallet and her hand as she went to buy ice cream with the man she wanted to go with in the first place.

this was so shit i'm so sorry <33