abusive [g]

word count: 869 words
warning: contains swearing, abuse

disclaimer: GRAYSON BAILEY DOLAN WOULD NEVER DO THIS, BE MINDFUL OF THAT! if you are getting abused or know someone who is getting abused, get help or help them get help. i know it's not easy but people love you and there is always a way out. it will get better, i promise 💕 also, thank you for 10k reads!

[27th july 2017]

he wasn't always like this. he never used to hurt you everyday. you don't know how or why he ever laid his hand on you but he did. you still don't know what pushed him to do it. everyday you had to cover up your bruises and cuts. no one knew. not even ethan and he was basically your best friend. the fans were suspicious as to why you almost always wore long sleeves in summer but never assumed that grayson was hurting you. who would?

sighing heavily, you winced as you stood up from the bathroom floor. you wet your face and tried to cover up the fact that you'd been crying non-stop. grayson was asleep on the couch so you hurriedly left the house. knowing that he'd want you to make dinner for him, you drove to the shops. as you walked through the aisles, a few fans spotted you and asked for photos. you agreed and put on a facade as you interacted with them.

"we love you and grayson so much! we see how much he loves you and how happy he makes you. you guys are goals. i wish i had a boyfriend like him." the fans said with a dreamy sigh. your eyes welled up with tears and you choked back a sob. your insides felt like they were on fire. little did they know.

"are you okay, y/n?" one of the fans asked and they all simultaneously stared at you worriedly. you instantly nodded and smiled.

"if course! who wants a photo first?" you tried to ignore what happened and they knew you were hiding something. one of the fans was recording your reaction and decided to post it on twitter with the caption- met y/n today! i'm worried about her though. her reaction to us talking about her and grayson was strange. just see for yourself.

fans retweeted and posted that video everywhere. the more observant fans noticed the bruises along your chest and the faint red marks on your neck. they were horrified at the disgusting marks on your skin and jumped to the worst but realest conclusion. grayson was abusing you. you hated yourself for forgetting to cover your bruises with makeup. it was just a matter of time before ethan found out and grayson realised that the fans knew.

"y/n, what the fuck is going on?" ethan yelled through the phone. you sighed heavily as you set the shopping bags on the kitchen table.

"what?" You replied with a monotone voice.

"is grayson abusing you? tell me the fucking truth or so help me god, i'll come over there and find out for myself!" ethan continued making you freeze. you didn't know what to say.

"what? that's crazy! gray wouldn't-"

"y/n, did you buy the food?" gray yelled from the living room. your eyes darted to the kitchen door as you heard his footsteps nearing you.

"u-um, yeah! i'm on the pho-" you started but he cut you off. you wanted him to know not to say or do anything stupid so ethan wouldn't find out. ethan was silent and was carefully listening on the other line.

"are you fucked in the head? this isn't what i asked for!" grayson yelled making you shrink back in fear. your heart started beating faster and you had to hold your phone tighter as your hand was damp with sweat.

"y-you didn't ask for anything-" grayson cut you off again and shoved you back roughly.

"yes i did! you can't do anything right! you're so fucking stupid!" he slapped you hard across your cheek making you yell in pain. ethan was shocked as he sat and pictured what was going on. he heard everything and knew instantly that the fans were right. grayson walked off while muttering angrily about your stupidity.

"e-ethan..." you cried. it wasn't just your cheek hurting. everything that grayson had done to you was laying heavily on your chest and you felt like you couldn't breathe.

"why didn't you tell me?" ethan asked quietly, wiping away his tears. you thought about it but had no response. you kind of hoped that grayson would change. you knew deep down that he wasn't going to but there was still that one strand of hope that you hung onto.

"pick me up. p-please." you stuttered. you heard a car engine start on the other line.

"i'm already on my way. don't hang up." ethan said sternly. you nodded in response, even though he couldn't see you. you sat on the floor motionless. you didn't have the energy to move. you hoped that ethan would reach you before grayson did as you didn't know how much longer you could take the abuse.