Chapter 181 You Had Me at Hello

"Where are you taking me?" Red emphatically asked the girls.  Lila, Jill and Kay just giggled and reassured her it was a Brown family tradition and a right of passage for every new Brown bride. They drug her through town having to escort her by the arms to keep her moving in the direction of their favorite lingerie store.

When they reached their destination, Red called their bluff by marching in and promptly asking for something in leather. The girls roared with laughter drawing the attention of the mainly male patrons.

Each one picked out a sexy piece of lingerie for Red to model. Red was insistent that anything she acquired today would have to meet one requirement. It had to be red. Cherry red...Bear's favorite color. Lucky for her most of the lingerie was red, black or sheer.

Kay presented her selection which they all agreed had to many buckles for Bear to undo. Red absolutely refused Lila's pick for bring overtly trashy. Jill's pick got the nod because it had a little bit of everything...it was sexy, red and awesome. It definitely was bodice ripping and the fact they all thought it looked like something a girl pirate would wear made it all the more adorable.

 It definitely was bodice ripping and the fact they all thought it looked like something a girl pirate would wear made it all the more adorable

In keeping with tradition, the girls paid for Red's honeymoon lingerie and headed back to the jobsite to tease Bear.

When they arrived at the construction site, the five brothers were eating lunch. "Here comes trouble." Matt got up to greet his very pregnant wife offering her his seat.

"What brings you ladies here this afternoon?" Noah had not yet learned to not ask questions he didn't want the answer to.

"We just came by to see the groom." Lila teased playfully. "Wanna know what's in the bag, Bear?"

Just as Bear was going to answer, Bam interrupted and shook his head. "Man, don't ask."

Matt chimed in, "Yeah, don't ask. Save it for the honeymoon night."

Bear looked more closely at the bag Lila waved in her hand and changed his tune. He recognized the store name and quickly changed the subject.

Matt and Bam had made arrangements for Bear's last night as a single man. He wouldn't stay with Red but would bunk with Gabe and Noah giving Red her last night with the girls. The brothers planned a crab boil at Kay and Kenny's place while the girls opted for a night of beauty  party at Red's home.

The morning of the wedding had come fast and furious. The girls had helped Red into her dress and styled her auburn hair in a sleek up do.

They were tickled by Red's choice of a dress because it gave a nod to Bear. She had it custom made so that the bodice was camoflauge and the skirt  of the dress was a beautiful full tulle.

 She had it custom made so that the bodice was camoflauge and the skirt  of the dress was a beautiful full tulle

Lila had arranged to have the wedding at the lodge and made use of their outdoor gazebo near the water. Red had been insistent that Bear be reflected in every aspect of the wedding so the selection of an outdoor venue was  a must for her. The lodge staff had done an excellent job on the venue even allowing Red to bake her own wedding cake as a part of the reception. It would be a small affair just family and a few close friends but it was still special to both of them.

 It would be a small affair just family and a few close friends but it was still special to both of them

Back at Matt's place, the brothers finished dressing. When it was Bear's turn to come out, he gave his best model walk sporting a sassy black tuxedo with camouflage trim. He was obviously pleased at the selection of suit Red had picked for him.

Bear's nervous energy spilled out of him

Bear's nervous energy spilled out of him. The brothers could hardly contain his excitement as he was ready to leave for the ceremony now. "Bear, relax, we have an hour." Bam adjusted his camoflauge tie.

"I know...I know...I just am so ready to marry her." Bear was ready to marry the girl of his dreams. He would have married her on their first date if he could have talked her into it. She was everything he ever wanted and then some and the fact that she carried their child on this day made him all the more blessed.

Both parties finally walked the distance to the lodge and were met by the girls from the bakery, Kenny and Kay and the Brown patriarch and matriarch. As everyone took their places, Matt and Jill had agreed to serve as best man and matron of honor. Bear waited impatiently at the gazebo as Bam escorted Red down the aisle. She wore a smile as big as his as she clutched her small bouquet of wildflowers freshly picked that morning by Rain and Bird.

It was a simple service. Both were too nervous to write their own vows so they stuck to the traditional ones provided by the justice of the peace. Their eyes stayed locked onto each other's until the justice of the peace granted them the ceremonial kiss. The kiss lasted so long Matt had to nudge Bear to break it off.  The couple were officially presented as Mr. and Mrs. Solomon Brown to the delight of family and friends. Congratulatory hugs, kisses and howls were exchanged as they made their way to the reception tables.

Red's cake design was an example of simplistic elegance as she had created a chocolate cake on the inside, a homage to all the chocolate cupcakes Bear would buy from her. She iced it in a plain vanilla icing and topped it with a chocolate B. The burlap ribbon set off the layers and was in keeping with the character of their wedding.

 The burlap ribbon set off the layers and was in keeping with the character of their wedding

Bear had selected a special song for their first dance as husband and wife.

Kenny Chesney-You Had Me From Hello

As Bear extended his hand to escort his bride to the dance floor, she whispered in his ear, "You couldn't have picked a better song for us."

Bear whispered back. "It's true, babe, you had me at hello."