Chapter 81 Innocence

Gabe gave Lila a bear hug as soon as she boarded the Integrity the next morning. "Well, you two looked good and rested." He flashed a toothy grin at the couple. Lila could barely look at Bam without blushing when she thought about the previous night and how satisfying their alone time was. Gabe was such an innocent soul. Matt threw his arm around Gabe's shoulder and walked him to the bow of the boat explaining to him that topic was off limits. Gabe looked over his shoulder at Bam and Lila and shook his head. Lila found his naivety charming. She would definitely have to make sure she found a suitable match for him.

The ride to Browntown was not as bad as her ride in the skiff from their visit to Juneau. Bam had her stay in the wheelhouse watching the horizon to keep her nausea in check. Everyone was anxious to get back on the cabin project. Lila's due date was fast approaching and in a couple of months, the newest Browns would make their debut. In her usual fashion, Lila was working on a list of things they would need for the babies. High on the list was a place for them to sleep until they became mobile.

"Your babies are active today." Lila could feel them kicking inside her. It was an unusual feeling that she hadn't gotten quite used to since the first time she felt them. She described it once to Bam as Sigourney Weaver's character in Alien when she had a foreign body growing inside her. He didn't get the reference. Lila grabbed Bam's hand and placed it on the spot where he could feel the movement.

With one hand on the wheel, he moved his other hand gently around her belly. "Yep. They've got to be Brown babies. They're already taking after their Uncle Bear with that much movement."

"I hope you have a lot of energy. Something tells me we are going to need it." Lila continued to hold her stomach cooing to Lila and Jace.

"What if they are both girls or both boys?" Bam asked. "Thought of any other names?"

"Nope. It's a boy and a girl. I've seen them in my dreams."

"Whatever you say darling. But I still like Denali and McKinley."

Lila put her hands on her hips. "I am not naming our children after landmarks Joshua Brown."

"Not even for middle names?" He joked.

"Not even for middle names." She popped him on the butt with the palm of her hand.

"Don't start something you can't finish Mrs. Brown." Bam pulled her in between his arms and the wheel kissing her neck just as Gabe rounded the corner.

"Can you two get a room?"

"How do you think I got like this Gabey?" Lila playfully turned to him and patted her stomach.

Gabe groaned at the thought and made a beeline line out of the wheelhouse. Lila and Bam roared with laughter. "He really needs a girlfriend." Bam returned to kissing Lila's neck as she hummed her appreciation.