Chapter 146 Good Things Take Time

Hello Dolls!

It's here...at last...another installment from the hot @mamaschleis! She agreed to write Jill and Matt's honeymoon chapter and no one has anticipated it more than me. We apologize for the delay but like the chapter title reads, "Good things take time."

So, as usual, if you're a blushing virgin, please skip this "Mature" chapter. I make no excuses for it. Otherwise, enjoy the ride! No pun intended!

Hope you like the music selection for this chapter. It reminded me of who Jill and Matt were and are.
-polaris1401

The floatplane that Matt had arranged to fly them to Anchorage was waiting at the dock, so Matt and Jill made their way around the dance floor, hugging and thanking everyone for celebrating their union.

Matt grabbed their suitcases from the office and handed them to Gabe, so he could carry Jill to the plane... a wedding dress and high heels were not practical attire for walking in Hoonah and it gave Matt the chance to have his bride all to himself for the short walk to the pier.

When they reached the floatplane, Jill and Matt hugged Gabe and climbed into the plane. The pilot was an old friend of the Brown family, and Matt had bartered with him to give Jill a beautiful scenic tour of the glaciers and mountains along the way to Anchorage. 

Upon their arrival in Anchorage, they were surprised by a horse-drawn carriage arranged by Matt's brothers. They had pooled together their money to arrange the carriage to take the newlyweds to the hotel. Jill felt like a princess, still in her bridal gown, riding in this beautiful carriage with her handsome Prince Charming. "This was such a thoughtful wedding gift from the guys!", Jill gushed. She sat back and relaxed, swaying with the movement of the horses and enjoying the feeling of being enveloped in Matt's arms. She melted into him and watched the tall buildings and lights go by.

Jill was feeling so warm and protected, and loved that she was almost asleep upon their arrival to the Hotel Captain Cook

Jill was feeling so warm and protected, and loved that she was almost asleep upon their arrival to the Hotel Captain Cook. "Wake up, my Love," Matt said kissing her forehead softly.

Matt lifted Jill down from the carriage, slipped some money into the driver's hand and grabbed the suitcases. As they entered the hotel lobby, they were greeted by smiles and knowing winks from passers by as they made their way to the Registration Desk. "Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Brown.", he said shaking the desk clerk's hand." We have reservations for a Crow's Nest Suite."