Chapter 172: Journey

Red and Bear met Matt, Jill and Lucas at the dock. They boarded their newly acquired boat now owned by Matt and Jill named the Virtue. The need to transport family back and forth between Browntown and Hoonah was becoming increasingly necessary
and a skiff was now too small. Relying on the Integrity was no longer an option.

Lucas was thrilled to see the lucky lady again.  She had packed a basket of homemade treats and had baked a special batch of chocolate chip cookies especially for him. Jill was happy to have Red as her traveling companion. She had her share of testosterone from Bear, Matt and Lucas and was in desperate need of female company.

"Everyone ready?" Matt called down to his family. Bear gave him the thumbs up sign and slowly steered the Virtue to open water. Lucas accompanied his dad at the wheel taking gentle instruction on how to steer the boat.

Bear was more than a little nervous about Red coming to his home and Red could sense that in his demeanor. She tried to distract him with stolen kisses while they were alone below. "Relax, Bear. You're going to give yourself a heart attack before we get to Browntown." She kissed him again playfully nipping at his lips. "Want to christen their boat?" Red whispered her proposition in his ear.

"Rose, you're killing me right now." Bear nuzzled her neck. "I'd rather not get banned from the boat because of one very, very tempting proposition."

Rose started to unbuckle his belt but he stopped her cold. "Rain check?"

Red gave Bear her best pouty look. "I'm coming for you later buddy."

"Oh, you'll be coming, alright." Bear smirked and gave her a nip on the neck and headed up to the top deck.

Jill came below deck and found a flushed Red playing solitaire below. "You okay? You look a little flushed in the cheeks."

"And other parts too." Red didn't realize she just blurted that comment outloud.

Jill giggled. "You don't have to explain it to me. I get it. Matt makes me weak in the knees just standing there."

Red felt her cheeks turn even redder. "Don't be embarrassed girl...those blue eyed boys are quite dangerous with their charm." Jill patted her belly. "How do you think I ended up like this?"

"Oh, I see. You don't just like him. You really like him." Jill sat down across from Red and patted Red's hand.

"I think he loves me."

Jill smiled already knowing the answer to that statement. "When a Brown man loves you, he loves all of you...flaws and all. You'll never ever want for love or attention or protection again. Becoming a Brown was the best thing that ever happened to me."

Red soaked in all of Jill's heartfelt comments."That's a lot of love."

"Yes, it is. Decide wisely." Jill slipped back up deck as soon as Lucas spotted the Browntown beach.

Bear called to Red to come above deck. He wanted her first view of his home to be from the deck of the Virtue. He always thought the view of their cove was quiet spectacular.

In the distance, they could see the other family members gathering on the beach. In true fashion, Bear took a deep breath and gave his familiar call of the wild to his family on the beach surprising Red. She knew she heard a wolf the other week when she walked home from the sawmill and now she realized he was the wolf. Red found that howl to be a little on the sexy side. "You'll have to teach me how to do that."

"I'd love to teach you how to howl." He slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She rested her hand on his chest feeling his heart racing towards home.

Jason Derulo- Queen of Hearts