Chapter 64 The Gift

Lila and Bam were all smiles as they walked down the makeshift aisle to the applause and howls of family and friends. Bam stole Lila into her father's study before everyone poured into the house and kissed her again. "Mrs. Brown, you are more beautiful today then the day I first fell in love with you. How is that possible?"

Lila laughed and replied, "Mrs. Brown. I like the sound of that Mr. Brown." She kissed him again and laid her veil covered head against his chest. "You make me very happy Joshua."

The sound of friends and family gathering in the house quickly made Lila and Bam reappear. "Starting the honeymoon early, are we?" Matt wiggled his eyebrows at Bam in jest.

Bam growled at Matt. "Good grief. Man, that's my wife you're talking about." Bam liked the sound of that...my wife.

Lila tugged at Bam's arm. "Let's go see the cake Becky made. I asked for chocolate just for you."

Becky and the girls had created a simple but stunning three layer cake iced in purple and wrapped in silver ribbon

Becky and the girls had created a simple but stunning three layer cake iced in purple and wrapped in silver ribbon. Each tier was dotted with edible pearls. Becky had even taken the extra time to add calla lilies created from fondant icing. "It's beautiful." Lila squealed with excitement as she and Bam cut the cake. The knife revealed a deep rich chocolate cake from which Lila fed a piece of cake to her groom and Bam returned the gesture.

Rain and Bird served cake to their family and friends as the food and music flowed freely. Congratulatory hugs came from each individual Brown brother. Bam suspected they just wanted a kiss from his beautiful bride. After all, it wasn't everyday that a beautiful woman joined their pack.

Matt tapped his sparkling cider filled glass loudly while standing on the stairs to get everyone's attention. As the crowd quieted down, he asked Lila and Bam to join him on the stairs.
Matt cleared his throat and put his arm around Bam. "I guess this is where I give the best man speech. So here goes. To Bam and Lila, I wish you, as does everyone here, many years of love and happiness. I hope that you are blessed with many children because I can't wait to be Uncle Matt and teach them all the things that will drive you crazy. I hope that you will have a home of your own to raise those children in and most of all, I hope that you will always remember the gift you been given today by everyone here who loves you."

Matt reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a silver envelope and handed it to the newlyweds

Matt reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a silver envelope and handed it to the newlyweds. "Bam and Lila, now that you have officially tied the knot, all of us decided to pool our resources and we are giving you  a week at Pearson's Pond Luxury Inn and Spa. We thought you guys would like some privacy from all of us."

Bam and Lila were clearly stunned by the announcement of the gift

Bam and Lila were clearly stunned by the announcement of the gift. In their haste to arrange the wedding, they hadn't given much thought to a real honeymoon. Both the bride and groom were deeply touched by the gesture. Bam spoke from the heart for both of them. "Lila and I can't express how much we appreciate this gift. Thank you for spending your time at our special day. We will remember this day always."

Matt raised his glass in the air and continued his speech. "Please raise your glasses and help me toast Mr. and Mrs. Joshua Brown." Everyone raised their glasses in unison to toast the happy couple as the newlyweds exchanged a kiss to the delight of everyone there.

Bam and Lila posed for pictures and danced with their guests. As the party was coming to an end, Bam and Lila were slow dancing together in a corner of the room. "Bam, I don't ever want this moment to end." Lila was perfectly content at her perfect day.

In his sexiest voice, Bam whispered in Lila's ear, "I do, darling. I want to take my new wife to bed and make love to her all night long."

Lila giggled and looked at Bam with wide eyes. "Why Mr. Brown, the things you do say to make a girl blush."