Lancelot- Waiting

A/n I apologise for my inactiveness for the past couple of months. I have been through a lot in the past year and I lost the motivation to write. However I am back now and due to summer I will hopefully be writing more. Thank you all for staying loyal to this book, and my two others. 

-Madfangirl37  xx 

Waiting. There are so many things that you can wait for. You can wait in line for food, festivities and fun but one thing you should never have to wait for is love. 

I can remember the day he left as if it were yesterday, that terrible memory engraved into the insides of my mind.  I can feel the pain as if i were there and not six months later. 

"The time will go by quickly you will not even notice that I'm gone."  

I nodded, tears freely falling from my eyes, Lancelot's thumb reaching out and wiping across my tear stained cheeks. My eyes couldn't meet his, the thought of not waking up to see his face every morning weighing down on me. 

"Hey, shhh." Lancelot pulled me into his chest, my head fitting into the nape of his shoulder like a piece of a puzzle. I could his lips press against the top of my head, a gesture I know I will come to miss. "I love you, okay?"

"I love you too...."

Never before had I been so exited for the morning to come, never before had I anxiously waited for the sun to rise. 

I stood on the marble stairs, the material warm under the mid-day sun. My eyes were trained on the gates, anxiously waiting for his arrival. Seconds felt like hours and so by the time the sun was setting onto the town of Camelot I felt as though I had been sat on the same spot for days on end. 

Anxiously chewing upon my lip I had almost given up hope that Lancelot would return, that those six months waiting had passed in vain. But after what seemed like hours sitting upon the cold marble of the castle, his figure came sauntering into my view.

I could spot his devilish smile before he was even close enough for me to see his eyes, and as if suddenly the marble beneath me turned to fire I left up. My legs were pounding against the cobblestones, my arms brushing against my sides.

Lancelot halted mid stride, outstretching his arms after placing his bags onto the floor, allowing me to leap into them. My legs wrapped around his waist, my arms around his neck, my head buried into his shoulder. I breathed in, simply taking in his scent and oh how I had missed it. The simple feeling of his arms around mine, holding my body close to his as if he were afraid to let go. 

Not until this moment did I realise quite the extent that I missed him, all those lonely nights coming back to me causing tears to well up in my dark eyes. Lancelot pulled away, his hands removing from my backside to cup my face, his thumbs brushing out across my face. 

Somehow my lips found his, a flurry of kisses making my stomach flutter in a way that i had not felt in months. As my hands wound in his hair he slowly set me down, my feet hitting the floor once more. We pulled away, foreheads leaning against one another, our breath mingling in the air. 

"I love you, my god I love you." Lancelot peppered kisses all over my facial features, my eyes, my cheeks and finally my lips. 

"Don't leave, not again." I whispered, my hands wrapped around his neck and I looked directly into  his eyes, the only ones I have ever loved. 

"Never."