Arthur- Lost Love

A/n This imagine was requested by @TheMazeRunner90

"Arthur," I sang as I skipped my way into his chambers holding two sets of flowers in each hand. "Shall we have orchids hanging or callila lily."

"Y/n," Arthur turned to face me, putting down the clothes in his hands wrapping his arms around my waist. "I do not really care about flowers."

"It is our wedding day in five days," I groaned pouting as he delicately leant his forehead against mine. "I just want it to be perfect."

"It will be perfect." Arthur smiled at me before removing his hands from my waist and joining his fingers with mine. "It will be you, and me finally together forever." He used our linked hands to push me back and forth before spinning me until my back was pressed firmly against his chest. "It will be just us from now on."

His lips brushed across my ear sending tingles down every part of my spine. I smiled as he pressed his lips into the nape of my neck, holding them there for a few moments and I closed my eyes taking in every possible piece of this moment and turning it into a memory.

"But for now I have to go." He whispered against my neck before removing his skin from mine. I sighed opening my eyes as Arthur turned, going back to packing his bag.

"Why do you have to go?" I groaned walking over to Arthur and taking his clothes out of his bag. His folding skills were abysmal and watching him fold was only going to get me annoyed.

"It is not for long and when I get back we will be married," He came and stood behind me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before pressing a kiss to my ear lobe. "And you will be my queen."

Four days later

Time had passed without the King, my love, and today was the long awaited day of his arrival. In his absence he had left me as temporary regent, leaving me in charge of all matters that would usually be left to the king. Without Arthur by my side reassuring me I was not making a mess of matters, I constantly felt like I was going wrong in every situation.

I stood on the top of the steps down to the courtyard, the knights of the round table with me, ready to greet our king home.

My stomach was churning with excitement, I could not wait to see his dusty blonde hair which I would run my hands through, his sharp jawline I would pepper kisses down and of course just his his happy face.

I could barely stand still I was that excited, but as the minutes turned into hours my excitement was replaced with worry.

"He should be here by now." I whispered as the maidservants went around lighting the torches that surrounded the courtyard. "Nightfall is almost upon and he said he would be here by mid-day."

"What do you suggest we do?" Leon asked from my side on the steps. We were no longer standing, but simply sitting on the marble steps and I had gathered my skirt to fall around my feet.

"Send out a search party." No decision without Arthur had felt so right. "I want the King found."

32 days later

"Will you please stop pacing?" Gwaine snapped and I froze turning to look at him raising an eyebrow. "M'lady."

"Please sit down y/n," Percival gently said pulling out a chair at the table for me. "We will figure out a plan."