Percival- Sword Practise

Watching the knights train daily I had picked up a few tricks, not that my brother knew that, and at night I would sneak into the armoury and practise with the swords. I would create dummy to hit the sword against over and over again until I was sure I was confident that I had mastered on the move. Then the next day I would watch the knights again and try another new move. 

"Let me have go." I moaned as Arthur swung his sword against another knight's shield battering the poor thing to pieces. "Come on Arthur I watch you train everyday for how ever many years surely it is time I have a go."

"It is not my fault that you have nothing better to do with your time!" Arthur grunted, as his opponents shield fell to the floor with a clatter. Grinning he looked up at me, as he wiped down his forehead.

"Please Arthur." I was practically begging, and no matter how much I hated doing so, I really wanted to show off my new found skills. 

"The answer is yet again no." 

"You do realise I am just going to keep asking all day every day until you say yes." I pointed out, hearing the knights chuckles from behind me. 

"She got you there mate." Gwaine chuckled, the sound echoing deep from within his chest. Arthur sighed, as I raised my eyebrows struggling the to control the persistent urge to smirk. 

"Fine." He sighed grimacing at me as I cheered rushing over to the weapon stall picking up a familiar sword. Loving the surge of power the sword gave me  I charged at Arthur swinging the it at his armour. 

He dodged the blow easily, before landing a small smack to my side with the flat side of the blade. I winced, before charging again, this time aiming for his head. He pushed my sword away easily, shaking his head as this time he swung his sword. I tripped over my own feet, landing on my royal behind, with my head hung in shame. It was stupid to think I could take him on. 

Arthur stood above me his hand extended out to help me up. I took it, to ashamed to look him in the eye, as he did the same to me. He let my hand go and I walked away from my sibling and his knights, dropping my hold on the sword. 

I stayed in the armoury after that, too embarrassed to move anywhere else whilst the glistening silver around me gave me some strange form of comfort. I don't know how long I was sat there when the door opened, it must have been some time though as I had lost all feeling in my lower back and lower. 

Percival came into the room, carrying various weapons in his large arms, whilst a slight tint of sweat was shining on the edges of his forehead. I stayed quiet, hoping that he wouldn't notice me and just walk away, unfortunately the involuntary action of a sneeze caused my presence to be known. 

"Hello Y/n." Percival did not even flinch as my sneeze echoed throughout the stone room. I sighed as his eyes found mine, the pair of them widening as he took in my disheveled appearance. 

"You alright?" He questioned. I smiled softly, warily, and out the side of my mouth but I shook my head all the same. 

"No. I just humiliated myself." 

"I would not call it humiliation." Percival walked over to me softly, his tone sounded far wiser for his young age. 

"What would you call it then?" I challenged, looking up at him through lowered lashes. 

"Practise." 

Like that he extended a sword outwards me, handle first. Warily I took it, pushing myself up and off from the floor. He had a sword loosely in his grip to, his feet squared apart. Copying his stance I looked him the eye to see a small grace of a smile traipsing across his lips. 

"Your sloppy." His words drew me out of my trance, as I desperately tried to focus on what he was saying. "You attack too much and don't think about defence therefore you are leaving yourself open to a hit." 

"I am?" I questioned, my words stuttering slightly as I processed his advice. 

"You are." With his words he gently swatted my arm, his smile widening slightly. "See."

"I was not ready." I muttered only causing him to raise his eyebrow mockingly at me. 

"Then make yourself ready." Percival shrugged his shoulders, making the task sound so simple. 

I took in a deep breath when he lazily thrust his sword at me, obviously holding back for my sake. Thinking about his words, I dodged his blow before using my own sword to swing at his side.  He blocked the blow easily but he smiled as if he was impressed. 

"That is better." He nodded his head in approval as this went on, my skill slowly improving. 

Trying something new I jabbed the sword forward, putting my full force of weight behind it. I fell forward from my power, straight onto Percival's chest. Dropping his sword his arm snaked around my waist. 

I sucked in a sharp breath as I felt his breath facing across my face. I looked up to see his eyes scanning cross my face, as if I were a piece of art and he was a critic. 

"Got any new moves to show me?" I whispered, thinking my words sounded so much better in my head. Percival breathed out a small chuckle of a laugh a smile scraping across his lips. 

"Depends, if you are willing to practise them." His reply was smooth as I bit my lip, finding my hands wind their way around his neck and my sword clatter to the floor. 

"As long as I can practise them with you." He was slowly lowering as his head as I rose onto my tip toes. 

"How else will you improve?" 

And like that Percival's lips were gently being pressed against my own.