Arthur- confess pt 1

A/n in honour of having Over 40 k views I've decided to do a two part imagine.

The doors to my chambers burst open and Merlin ran in, his features curved in angry determination.

"Just come in Merlin." I commented looking back down at my paperwork.

"You need to come with me." He panted and I looked up to his usually soppy features in a tight knot. Furrowing my eyebrows I stood looking him in the eye.

"Why? What has happened?" I questioned as I followed him out of the room. He stopped suddenly biting his lip before turning to me.

"It's y/n," he started and I my heart stopped in fear. "The King has accused her of sorcery." Time seemed to stop around me as I felt my heart crumble. As if the world was in slow motion, I could feel every step I took radiate through me as I ran towards the room where I knew y/n would be. In what was only a few seconds I reached the daunting doors but each step I took lasted a millennium. Without even pausing for a breath I barged through the doors with Merlin in my heels.

My father looked up, his furious features softening once he saw me but my attention was focused on the crying of the one I love. I could only see her hunched figure and the abusive way the Knights were holding her.

"Let her go father." I started my words harsh and sharp.

"Arthur she practises in sorcery." My father had a smile on his face but his voice was guarded with authority.

"I refuse to believe that." I could feel the surrounding eyes on me as I circled around the Knights before kneeling in front of y/n. "Let her go please." I begged turning to the King. He nodded at the Knights and they dropped her into my arms. I wrapped her into my body, and I could feel her tears already staining my clothing. I rubbed her back soothingly whilst kissing her head repeatedly before my father interrupted us.

"That's enough." In seconds she was stolen from me and I stood in anger.

"What is the meaning of this?" I question turning to my father furious."you honestly can't believe that y/n is a sorcerer."

"We have evidence to believe she practises in magic." He growled.

"What evidence?" The King gestured towards a knight how handed me a scroll. Furious I skim read the writing, anger pounding through my veins. "An eye witness? That is complete-"

"You will respect me in this court Arthur!" My fathers sturdy voice cut through my own.

"I will respect you when you see sense." I replied curtly. A flick of his head from the King and in seconds I was being restrained with the guards. Angrily he prowled towards me, his disgusting words washing over me.

"She has obviously enchanted you." He softly said before turning away. "She will be burned at the stake first thing in the morning."

"No!" I cried struggling against the guards as a sob let loose from y/n. "Father please." I begged. The thought of losing y/n forever was just too much to bare.

"Unless she confesses her death will be longer and painful and Arthur you are only making her endure more." He shouted at me and I pressed my lips shut, outraged. He knelt in front of y/n and I sucked in a breath immense anger burning now. "Confess."

"Not under your words." She whispered. A crack of the kings hand against her flesh later and he asked again.

"Confess or everyone you love will be punished along with you." Her eyes flickered to her sister, gwen, to her best friend, Merlin, and finally onto me. Utter sorrow was laced in her once happy eyes as she mouthed words at me.
"Sorry," she sucked in a deep breath before looking Uther in the eye.

"I y/f/n confess to practising in sorcery." Her eyes filled with tears as I sagged against the Knights, utter shock lacing through my features. The King stood triumphant before walking back over to his throne.

"Then I sentence you to be burnt at the stake at dawn." As if his words brought me out of my trance I struggled against the Knights, pushing myself free of their grip.

"No!" I raced over to y/n pressing my lips hard against hers, for which we both knew could very well be the last time. "I love you." I whispered and her eyes widened as the Knights dragged her away. I fell to the floor defeated and the King waltzed over to me.

"we do not tolerate sorcery Arthur, you know that." Seconds later he left me in the room. Merlin sat down next to me as gentle tears stroked down my cheeks. His presence gave me very little comfort as I felt more alone then I ever have.

"I can't watch her die," I whispered looking at Merlin. "And I know you can't either."

"We won't have to," he replied and my eyes snapped to his.

"I have a plan."