Merlin- forbidden kiss pt2

"Y/n." I woke to Merlin whispering my name and to see him, Gauis, Arthur, Morgana and my father at my side.

"What happened?" I questioned sitting up to discover I was in the court physicians chambers.

"You fainted princess." Gauis informed and I shook my head smiling slightly.

"How embarrassing." I could feel Merlin's eyes on me and the tingles they sent causing a rosy blush to graze across my cheeks.

"As long as you are alright." The King kindly stroked my hair and I relaxed into his hands.

"Quite." I whispered smiling at him.

"Good." Silence graced the room before my father broke it. "Must hurry along. I have called upon the finest seamstresses to create you the perfect dress for your day." He swept out of the room, Morgana following him and I sighed.

"You say my day and yet it doesn't seem to be about me." I whispered under my breath.

"What was that?" Arthur questioned a knowing smile on his lips.

"Nothing."

I took a deep breath and let the darkness settle around me when the door opened and closed and another body joined the small space. My eyes adjusted to the light and I saw Merlin inches away from me, in the supply cupboard.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" He questioned his voice in a quiet whisper.

"Hiding from King Nathan's wedding planners, you?" I honestly answered before shifting slightly so I could look him in the eyes.

"Hiding from your bother." Silence drifted between us for a few awkward moments and I took a deep breath. "Do not get married." He burst out in the darkness I rolled my eyes.

"So now you care? Only yesterday you said you had nothing to do with it." I hissed harshly.

"I lied, okay?" I sucked in a deep breath at our close proximity in this small space. "I lied because I thought about myself. I was being selfish, thinking that if I distance myself from you, this wedding wouldn't hurt so much."

"How did that work out for you?" I bitterly said looking up at him.

"Not well I admit but I- you can stop this wedding." In an answer I raised my eyebrow at him. "Run away with me."

"Stop being ridiculous Merlin." I replied, not letting on how appealing his idea was. "Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I cannot simply leave. There are rules, obligations I must follow and getting married is one of them. I cannot escape this wedding Merlin and neither can you."

"Fine." He replied anger burning through him. "But at least answer this, do you really want to marry Edmund?"

"He will be good for the kingdom." I said, not meeting his eyes.

"Listen to the question y/n. Do you, not Uther and not the kingdom, want to marry Edmund."  I looked up to see Merlin's eyes on me and my mind was reeling. If one of us moved an inch our lips would surely touch.

"No."  I breathed out and Merlin sighed.

"Then run away with me." His voice was filled with desperate pleas and my answer tore my own heart out.