Merlin- forbidden kiss pt1

A/n Another part two imagine just because of how much support the last one got!
alright people, requests are back open. I cannot promise how long they will be open for, so message me for a request as I will no longer be taking requests via comments.
This imagine is inspired by the new episode of shadowhunters (Malec).

"You asked to see me father?" I walked into the warm room to see the King leaning against his chair, deep in thought. He looked up as the sound of my shoes echoed throughout the stone room.

"Ah y/n." He smiled warmly my way and I smiled back. I have always liked this side of my father, not the hard empty person he perceives to be in front of the kingdom. "As you are well aware the Eastland Kingdom is to arrive at the castle later today. They are a very wealthy region with strong armies and if we were to join we would make an unbelievably strong force."

"I am not quite sure I am understanding," I honestly stated, looking questionably at the King.

"If you were to marry,"

"marry?" I stuttered, my stomach churning at the thought. His disproving gaze swept over me and I lowered my own eyes.

"Yes marry and do not interrupt me again." His once warm voice went cold and I automatically shivered knowing I no longer have my father to talk to but the King instead.

"Sorry sire." I bowed my head slightly, basking in the loud silence that followed.

"As I was saying if you were to join our kingdoms it would create the strongest of bonds. Marrying Prince Edmund would not only benefit the kingdom but it would bring respect not only to the pendragon name but to you." He continued to talk but my mind was reeling. My own father wanted me to marry a man whom I have never met and most likely will not love. The more I thought the angrier I became until an outburst came from my lips.

"Do I not get a say in who I marry?" The glare of my father rested on me as what, in his eyes was a stupid question, left my lips.

"You, along with Arthur, will marry for the sake of this kingdom and not for some other absurd reason!" The King was not quite shouting but he certainly was not speaking normally. He was spitting his words out almost as if they left a bad taste on his lips.

"Love is not an absurd reason!" I firmly stated looking into his unforgiving eyes and for a moment my mind drifted off in a self thought that I was so thankful I had my mothers' bright eyes.

"You will not argue with me on this matter, it is not in your control!" A gloved finger was pointed my way and I took a step back.

" I see I have no control over my own life then." I softly stated, realisation settling in and I could feel my insides shrink as tears filled my eyes.

"The sooner you realise it the better." I looked up sharply into my fathers eyes as a single tear fell. As I turned away I caught a glimpse of my fathers features softening but I no longer cared as I sprinted from the room ignoring his calls for me. I ran past all the concerned townspeople and servants and straight towards Arthur's chambers. I barged into my twin brothers room, without even bothering to knock and slamming the door behind me before throwing myself down onto his bed.

"Y/n I just made the bed." A voice sighed and I looked up to see Merlin grinning above me. Almost in an instant his happy features were replaced with concern as he could see my tears falling. "What is wrong?"

"My father wants me to marry the Prince Edmund." I spat out and Merlin slumped down onto the bed next to me. "I have no choice, in this matter or any apparently." I looked around the room and was shocked to see my brother was not here. "Where is Arthur? I do not want to burden you with foolish things like this." I questioned sitting up on the bed.

"He is out on a hunt and has been for the past two days, he should be returning soon." I mentally chided myself as I lent forward slightly, and a strand of hair fell from behind my ear as I started to wipe away the tears. "And it is never not okay for you to talk to me. I would carry any burden if it meant helping you." I looked up to meet Merlin's eyes just as his hand reached out to brush back my hair. His skin brushed against my cheek sending tingles across my skin and just as he went to remove it I caught his hand in my own, lacing our fingers together.

"You would?" I rather pathetically questioned and he nodded.

"You know I would." He solemnly answered, looking directly into my eyes. His eyes flickered down to my lips before back to my eyes and my breath hitched in my throat but he dropped my hand and the moment was ruined. "You should marry for love and not for any other reason." He continued but his focus was on every detail of his hands.

"What do you suggest I do?" I questioned my eyes scanning across his cheekbones. Past experiences with my lips brushing against his cheek came to mind and I blushed despite myself.

"It is not my decision really," he turned his head towards me but his eyes were searching across the bed sheets. I stayed silent whilst hurt panged through every inch of me. "Whatever you decide has nothing to do with me."

"Nothing?" I repeated, my voice cracking with raw pain. He nodded, still not meeting my eyes. I stood, shaking my head at Merlin before walking out the room without another word.

"Smile y/n, you are going to meet your future." Arthur whispered in my ear. Smiling at the entrance to the castle as men rode in on their horses I elbowed my dear brother in the stomach. "Oof." He bent over at the impact but with a glare from our father he straightened and put on a brightening smile to welcome our guests. The King strutted down to greet the other royals and shortly after, myself, Arthur and Morgana followed.

"This is my son Arthur, my daughter y/n and my ward Morgana." I bowed my head at my name as King Nathan introduced his son. 

"This is my son Prince Edmund." The prince politely  inclined his head before King Nathan turned back to my father. "I believe our arrangement will be upheld and preparations have gone well."

"As promised." My father and King Edmund shared a sly smile much to our confusion.

"What arrangement?" Arthur questioned before either myself or Morgana could ask

"The union of Edmund and Y/n." My father said and I felt my stomach drop. I hoped after my fathers conversation with me he would have changed his mind. I looked over at Prince Edmund to see his features mimicking my own. I guess I wasn't the only one kept out of the loop.

"Father-" as Prince Edmund objected to his father I took this as an opportunity to look closely at the prince. He had dark brown hair that was neatly cut and that contrasts his stark bright blue eyes. He was well built and rather tall and he seemed nice enough. I could see myself becoming friends with this man but not falling in love with him.

"Y/n." My fathers voice brought me out of my trance and I shook my head to see his disproving glare.

"Sorry."

"The King has asked you a question." I smiled apologetically at King Nathan as my father spoke disapprovingly.

"I was wondering what colour your dress would be? Many women like the colour red as their gowns." I took a deep breath as the truth settled in. I will be getting married and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

"To be honest with you sire I hadn't really considered this quite yet." I carefully state, choosing my words with care.

"Well if I were you I would hurry, the wedding is in two days after all." King Nathan smiled proudly at me but the world started to spin and in seconds I descended into darkness.