Arthur- Queen

I shook with anticipation as I paced up and down the halls. My nerves were out of control as I wound my hands together in front of me. I breathed out, trying desperately to control my breathing when the doors in front of me opened and out stepped my brother.

"They are ready for you." Merlin's words shook me out of my daze and I smiled at him. "Are you ready?"

"Oh God no." I replied my breathing becoming ragged again. Sighing Merlin walked over to me taking my hands in his.

"Listen, I know you think that you cannot handle the responsibility of becoming the new queen but you are more than capable of it." His reassuring smile set my mind at ease when he continued to talk. "I mean becoming queen does come with worries like death threats, murder and of course wether the kingdom will like you or not, I guess you may have to worry bit then."

"I was actually worried that Arthur would turn and run away from the altar but thanks for adding to the ever growing pile of worries. " I shook my hands free of his grip as I returned to my pacing up and down the hall.

"Oh do not be silly." I stopped mid stride to turn to look at him, my train gathering around my legs. "Arthur would not have used you to marry him if he did not love you. He would not have asked me what flowers were your favourite so he court you properly and he would not have came to me for advice on how to comfort you when you were upset over our father's death."  

"He did all that?" I softly questioned and Merlin nodding walking over to me.

"Yes," As he spoke his hands were gentle on my shoulders as he moved me infant of the double doors. "And he would do much more if you allowed him."

I took a deep breath, picturing my future clearly in my mind before nodding to Merlin.

"Okay, I am ready." Merlin grinned at me offering me his arm before he rapped shortly on the door. I took it as the doors opened revealing the whole court standing there staring at me. Gently, Merlin tugged on my arm, leading me forward as I started my descent down the aisle.

Various faces stared at me but I was focused on the man standing at the end of the aisle. I smiled at him causing his own lips to curl upwards. I took a step down the aisle and another and another until my feet had led me to the man of my dreams. Merlin handed my arm to Arthur who gladly took it and and so Merlin went to stand in the front row.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Arthur Pendragon and y/f/n. Not only will they start their life as a married couple but as King and Queen."

My mind was reeling as the priest continued to talk, and I could not stand still. Arthur could obviously feel how restless I was as he slipped his hand into mine. The simple feeling of his hand automatically calmed me down as his fingers brushed over my skin over and over again. My heart was no longer pounding its way out of my chest, it was simply beating in a normal fashion.

"I, Arthur Pendragon, take you, y/f/n, to be my lawfully wedded wife. From this day forward, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do us part." The way Arthur's eyes shone as he looked upon me caused my heart to contract and my pulse to raise once more.

"I, y/f/n, take you Arthur Pendragon, to be my lawfully wedded husband. From this day forward, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health until death do us part." My voice cracked as happy tears flooded my eyes.

"I do believe you have also prepared you own vows." Arthur nodded as if he has to encourage himself before bringing out a small piece of paper from his pocket.

"I promise that I will love you even on the days I want to knock you out with a saucepan, I promise that I will support you and respect you not only as my wife but as my queen," He stopped to take a breath and I bit my lip to hold in my joyous tears. "I promise that I will always be faithful to you and lastly I promise that I will love you until my heart stops beating."

"I promise to laugh at your terrible jokes, I promise to let you win in training. I promise not only to be a great wife but a great queen and I promise to rule at your side until death do us part." He smiled at me and I grinned happily back at him. The priest gestured to the man beside him who brought out the two crowns laying on a cushion side by side. Letting go of my hands Arthur knelt and I followed suit glad for the extra padding my dress was giving me.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce man and wife, King and Queen." At the priest's words a crown was placed on Arthur's head and my own. As the bejewelled substance was placed I felt the weight of reality press down on me. I was married to a king who had a kingdom he needed to rule. His kingdom, now our kingdom. He is the King, and now

I am the Queen.