Merlin- Go Get What You Love

I could see her smile radiating from across the room. She looked happy, sitting there, just sitting there, as if there were no worries in the world. She laughed, the gesture lighting up her whole face, making her look more beautiful than ever. She looked over at me, her beautiful orbs shining, as she smiled softly as a greeting. I went to wave back, completely forgetting that I had a jug of water in my hands and It fell onto Arthur, the cold water bringing him out of his conversation.

"You idiot!" He cried standing up, pushing his chair back, glaring at me. "What were you thinking?"

"I-I don't know." My eyes glanced over at y/n, her cheeks were tinged with a rosy blush as she giggled into her goblet. Of course she saw that.

"Honestly Merlin can you not get anything right?" Arthur groaned throwing his napkin down on the table.

"I-uh," I stuttered and Arthur groaned in reply his eyes widening in annoyance.

"Do not just stand there! Go get me something to wear that is dry!" I simply stood there, not moving, too paralysed by the thought that y/n saw. "GO!"

I shook myself out of my daze, putting the jug down and walking straight out the hall. I can't let a girl take a hold of my thoughts like this, especially when that girl is Arthur's sister.

Still shaking my head both physically and mentally I strutted into Arthur's chambers pulling open his cupboard.

"Nope, no, defiantly no," as I scrolled through each item of clothing my hands flicked through each piece. "Ah yes."

Nodding to myself I closed the cupboard door, and went to walk forward but found myself almost nose to nose with y/n.

"Oh my god, y/n you scared me." I pressed a hand against my chest,my heart pumping it's way out of my ribcage,  as my breathing evened out. I took a step back as y/n leaned against the dresser.

"I want to apologise for my brother." She started, her voice smooth and pure.

"Why?" I questioned furrowing my eyebrows.

"Because of the way he spoke to you. It was not very nice." She smiled, and I had to focus on standing upright.

"He usually speaks to me like that." I nervously laughed scratching the back of my head my nervous tick showing. 

"Oh." She pursed her perfect lips and her eyes avoided my gaze.

"Y/n what is the real reason you came up here?" I questioned. Having watched her for so long, I knew when she was lying, she did it to Arthur often enough. 

"I wanted to talk," She admitted, her fingers brushing against the smooth cupboard doors. 

"What about?"

"Honestly?" Her eyes met mine and if they were not filled with such a deep sadness my heart would have stopped beating, but instead it broke to see her look in so much emotional pain. 

"Honestly." She took a deep breath before replying. 

"Promise not to laugh?" She bit her lip and I rolled my eyes. 

"Just get on with it."

"Well, um, I have woodlice." She lied and I laughed shaking my head. 

"Nice try, you forget I am the one who taught you that particular lie." She smiled as did I at the memory. 

"Fine," She mockingly glared at me before her features returned to the same sad expression. "I think I am falling in love." 

I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I swallowed down the jealously and pain, forcing a smile onto my face. 

"Great, that is truly great." 

"No it is not." Her voice broke as she leant against the wall. My concern masked my jealously as I moved to go stand in front of her. "I can't love him." 

"Well why not?" I questioned, confusing myself as to why I am encouraging her love for another. 

"It would be wrong, we could have no future." 

"Who cares? Live in the present," I smiled as she looked up, hope glinting in the pupils of her eyes. "Do you love him?" I asked and she nodded smiling fondly. "Then go get what you love." 

Swiftly, y/n pushed herself forward, pushing her lips against mine. Her lips were soft, but her movements were quick and hard, as if she were afraid that she would never kiss me again. I install replied to her touch, moving together as if it were meant to be, and I lost every rational thought in my brain. I moved my hand upwards to cup her cheeks, her skin was smooth on mine, before slowly moving my hands down to her waist. 

I pulled her into my body, and she moaned as my hands gripped onto her dress. My heart was pounding and breath was quickening but my mind was blank, focusing on nothing but her. I had dreamt about this moment  so many times, but never had i actually thought it would happen. We pulled away and she smiled, running her hands through my hair. 

"What was that for?" I breathed, my heart still beating like crazy. 

"Go get what you love right?" She breathed, before pressing her lips against mine once more. Just as I was about to pull her closer once more she pulled away, her hand running down the side of my face. "You are what I love." 

I smiled pulling her back into me as our lips danced together once more. 

I finally had her.