Merlin- Fallen

A/n I'm trying something new with this, let me know if you like it, I am not sure I do. And no there will be no part two ;)

Just to let you all know I am not taking in requests for a while for several reasons, such as school, my health and my birthday just so happens to be coming up soon. I will still be posting but it is much easier for me to stick to writing my own original imagines. Thank you all for understanding - Madfangirl37 xxx 

From the moment that Merlin met Y/n he knew that she was the only one for him. The way her hair spiralled around her body when she turned to face him was memorising and her special smile, that she saved just for him, caused shivers to cascade down Merlin's spine. 

The couple met at a ball, both servants serving their masters when Y/n tripped spilling wine down Merlin's tunic. Thankfully for Y/n he was not mad, he was anything but, as he too had spilt some food down Y/n's pinafore strapped onto her dress. 

From then on the odd couple were never seen apart, they were either holding hands and aimlessly wandering the halls or helping with the other's work. 

The first two months of their relationship was everything that one could hope for, snuck glances at the other, hidden kisses in the halls and conversations like no other. 

Merlin loved Y/n deeply, his emotions for her running deep through his veins until it devoured his while body for no other person on the planet made him as nervous, excited and happy as she did. 

Merlin would be quite content just watching her sleep as she never looks as peaceful as she does than when she's asleep. Her hair would just fall across her features, obscuring her eyes as she slept, a small smile would touch her lips as she dreamt most likely of food. 

And then on the eve of their third month of being together a reckless move, a fall, ruined it all. 

Y/n's master was chasing her through the halls, calling her to do this and that, she was carrying too much for her small arms to hold and so she dropped one single object. But as she leant down to pick the object up she fell, stepping on her dress, down the stairs crushing her skull on the impact of the marble. 

On the news of Y/n's death Merlin fell to his knees, the weight of the events crushing down on him forcing his knees to buckle. 

Tears filled Merlin's eyes in instant as his world came crumbling down around him, even Arthur could not look as Merlin sobbed on the cold floor. 

Y/n had unintentionally broken Merlin's heart, the grief of losing her too much to bare. Merlin wanted to join Y/n, he wanted his soul to be with hers once more. 

But he couldn't do it, his shaking hand could not bring the knife up to his throat. 

Merlin felt as though he had failed Y/n, as though she was disappointed in him for not trying enough but little did he know that Y/n had wanted to die that day. 

She had fallen, just not down the stairs, she had fallen in love with Merlin. And to her, love is the greatest curse one can have.