Arthur- heartstrings

I knew it was a bad idea the second the thought entered my mind. I knew how it would kill me inside and out but if I did not do it Arthur would be the one who is killed.
I knew it was silly to even allow myself a friend let alone allow myself to love, the curse prevented that. But the moment I saw him the strings to my heart were no longer my own. He had the strings and he could do whatever he needed with them.
Because that is what love is and I truly love him with my heart and soul. For I am his but he cannot ever be mine. Just the thought of our lips touching gives me pleasurable shivers and the picture of his gorgeous eyes makes my insides melt.
I know in doing this I will lose him therefore losing a piece of myself but him living is more important than him living with me. I would much rather he carries on forgetting my existence than him to die loving me.
I wipe away the tears that stain my face turning to face him as he sleeps, snoring gently. His soft hair cascades across his forehead almost covering his eyes.  His usually stressed face is relaxed looking much more youthful than usual.
I press I light kiss to his forehead before standing taking a deep breath in concentrating my mind. I focus on the curse knowing that he will die if I carry on loving him. I close my eyes taking another deep breath.
Focus.
Breathe.
Focus.
I open my green eyes feeling them flash gold as I whisper the last words I ever will to the love of my life willing the memories of me away from his head.
"Goodbye Arthur."