Merlin- For the love of Camelot

"Shh." I giggled as Merlin ran his hands up and down my thighs gripping me tightly against the wall. Immediatly Merlin stopped kissing up and down my neck. 

"Your the one making the noise by giggling." Merlin was desperately trying hard not to smile but his attempts meant nothing as a smile was etched onto his lips. I could do nothing but grin back as I ran my fingers through his hair. His simple smile as he looked at me made my heart contract with happiness.  

"Oi." I half groaned, half laughed, poking Merlin's side gently whilst smiling at the boy. Merlin froze looking directly at me and a blush crept onto my cheeks. "What?" 

"You are so beautiful." Merlin whispered, moving up hand from my thigh before gently stroking my cheek with the pad of his thumb. 

"Y/n!" My father's disapproving voice suddenly brought me out of my delightful daydream causing me to urgently resist the urge to groan. Instead I turned on my royal smile for my father as reality beckoned me forward. 

"Sorry." I sheepishly replied looking down at my food. Reaching for my drink, I pressed my cold goblet to my lips, taking a giant gulp finishing it. The second it touched the table it was being instantly refilled. I looked up, to see Merlin pouring my drink a small smile touching his lips, he was obviously thinking about this morning too. As a blush was blessing my cheeks, a sharp kick hit my leg and I looked up, glaring at Arthur sat across from me. His eyes flickered to our father, the king, before flicking back to mine again. I followed his gaze to my father, who was looking frustrated. 

"I do wish you would pay attention y/n." The disapproval was clearly evident in my father's voice and I grimaced trying to hide the hurt. 

"Sorry sire," I apologetically smiled and he nodded. "Something um, caught my eye." As Merlin finished pouring my drink, he snorts at my words before disgusting it as a cough. Morgana locked gazes with me before knowingly winking. I smiled shaking my head before turning my attention back to my father. 

"As I was saying," Father continued, listening carefully my eyes drifted to the glorious looking food in front of me. The tremendous sight was so distracting that as I was taking in father's words I was only absent-mindedly paying attention. "You have been of age a few years now, I think it is time you marry." 

Merlin dropped his jug of wine to the floor with a clatter as I chocked on the once delicious piece of chicken. Morgana and Arthur froze, holding their food halfway to their mouths. 

"Sorry?" Once we all had recovered I was looking at my father helplessly. "You want me to marry?"

"I do believe that is what I just said." The king looked totally unfazed by the reactions of the room as he took a sip of his drink. 

"Why are you not marrying off Arthur?" I exclaimed completely horrified. Arthur went to protest opposite me but not before I continued, cutting off his words. "He is the future King of Camelot after all." 

"You are the oldest." He simply replied but his eyes were narrowing fast. "And as a women of age with your virtue intact rather than a future King, it is far easier to marry you off." 

"I am no weapon or cattle you can sell off." Hurt was threaded into my voice along with betrayal and anger. "I am the Princess of Camelot, I am your daughter." 

"And as the princess, and my daughter, you will marry for the good of the kingdom." Father's voice had turned hard as stone in a second, his tone holding the impression the matter was final but I was not done, in fact I was far from it. 

"But what of my feelings?" I could not help it, my eyes drifted to Merlin. "Do you not care wether I fall in love or not?"

"Of course I do darling," Father's voice was soft and soothing trying to lure me in a false sense of security but I was not falling for it. "But love is not a luxury we have." 

Father reached across the table extending his gloved hand out towards me. He held out for a few moments but I refuse to join it in my own before he rested it back down on the table, his voice cold once more. 

"We are royals, we marry for the kingdom or we do not marry at all and that is a life you have to accept." He was practically shouting and I flinched using my napkin to wipe my mouth before pushing my chair back so I could stand. 

"Then I do not want this life." 

Without even finishing my meal, I walked out from the room, my pulse pounding in my veins, tears welling in my eyes and my heart completely broken. 

It wasn't long before Merlin reached my chambers, finding me lying on the bed clutching a pillow to the chest as I looked up at the celling. 

"I have made a mess of things have I not?" I knew it was Merlin without even looking. No one else would dare to enter my chambers when I was upset. 

"Of course you haven't." His voice was soft and gentle and everything I have ever wanted to be, but instead I am a princess, a fate which I cannot choose. 

I felt a weight shift the bed downwards as Merlin laid next to me, his back on the mattress and his eyes looking up at the celling. Slowly I turned my head to look at him, silence drifting over us as I allowed my eyes to take in his features. 

The candlelight was accentuating his high cheekbones as a shadow was cast over his neck and earlobe. Certain pieces of his delicate hair was out of place and my finger itched to run my hands through them. 

"Merlin." I whispered and he hummed in reply. "Do something for me?"

"Anything." Instantly he turned to look at me, with such admiration, adoration, and love in his eyes it made my breath catch in my throat. 

"Take my virtue." My voice was raw from crying as Merlin flipped over on his side. "No man would marry a women without their virtue."

"You know that is not want you want." Despite the pain evident in Merlin's voice I sighed, knowing his words hold the truth. "You know you need to protect your kingdom by marrying." 

"I know." I breathed, wishing that I did not know anything. Wishing that I was just a girl without a title. "But I also know I love you." 

At this point tears were freely falling down my cheeks. Merlin extended his hand, the pad of his thumb stroking across my cheeks, catching the tears. 

"I know." He smiled softly as I choked back a sob. I did not want move from this moment. I did not want grow up, I did not want  to marry, I wanted but nothing but Merlin. But as my father had stated earlier, I am royal and we cannot always live how we want to. 

I breathed in a deep breath, nodding my head to assure myself as Merlin lifted his hand off my cheek. 

"For the love of Camelot, right?" Merlin's voice was soft as I sighed nodding. 

"For the love of Camelot."