Arthur- thank you

A/n OMG GUYSYYYSSSS THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 500 views!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since the night of the battle Arthur has been slowly deteriorating and it is breaking my heart, ripping it into several pieces. Day by day, hour by hour he is getting paler and he is losing concentration constantly. Merlin and I have desperately trying to get him to the valley of the Kings but since that infernal boy stabbed him he is losing his hope and will.
Supporting each side Merlin and I are trying to hurry him along. Arthur's leg stumbles and I catch him before he falls with a pained expression plastered on both of our faces.
"I should be catching you." He groans and this close I notice each sweat droplet on his forehead. Moaning I pull him back to his feet with the help of Merlin.
"You still can." I kiss his forehead and we begin to walk again. My bones groan as we lift Arthur over a small stream into a tiny clearing. My leg gets caught on a twig and letting go of Arthur I untangle it. Arthur falls onto the grass pulling Merlin with him and my throat tightens. I rush over to them and stop in my tracks when I see Merlin desperately trying to lift Arthur up. My heart throws itself into my throat as I see the strength leaving Arthur's body. A strangled sound escapes from my mouth and I raise a hand covering it as tears start to fall down my face.
"We still have time," Merlin grunts still trying to lift him and Arthur shakes his head.
"Just hold me." He says weakly tapping Merlins arms. I fall onto my knees beside them tears heavily leaving my eyes. I wipe Arthur's forehead pressing kisses all over his face.
"You will be okay." I force out my bottom lip quivering as my hands shake. A tear falls from Merlins eye and it bounces off Arthur's cheekbone.
"I love you," he breathes and I shake my head biting my lip to hold in the scream I feel coming. "I love you." He repeats stronger this time.
"Please do not leave me Arthur." I whisper tears leaving me.
"I love you." Was his response and I shook my head again.
"I love you." I say and he looks up at Merlin as a strangled noise escapes from my throat.
"I am going to say something I have never said to you before." He starts but Merlin simply shakes his head tears streaming down both of our faces. His flicker back to mine then back to Merlins. "Thank you." He breaths and his chest doesn't rise again.
I lean forward screaming into his chainmail as Merlin lets him go. Strangled sobs leave my body as I cry onto Arthur my whole body shaking. Merlin stares emptily into space as I continue to cry until I fall asleep and the last thing I see is him running calling for something, someone I can't hear.
I wake to Merlin gently shaking my shoulder and I take in my surroundings. We are by a lake and my eyes sting and my face is still wet.
"Help me." He breathes gesturing to Arthur's limp body. I nod and together we carry him onto a boat crying the whole time. I take his sword and throw it down onto the ground beside me. With silent tears streaming down my face we push Arthur out onto the lake. I look at Merlin and nod. His gaze returns to the boat and it bursts up into flames. I grab Arthur's sword then hold it out to Merlin who shakes his head painfully. Swallowing back the grief in my heart I throw the sword out into the lake when a hand grasps it and drags it under.  I grab Merlins hand as we watch the boat drift away tears on both of our faces. Once it's out of our sight Merlin walks away leaving me on my own.
"Goodbye my love," I whisper as I walk away from the king of Camelot, the arrogant prat and the love of my life.