Gwaine- Prophecy

"Please." I sobbed looking at the Sorceress' shadow. "Please you cannot."

"Your family destroyed my life," The women's voice shook as thunder, lightning and rain shook the earths core. Rain soaked through my clothes and skin leaving me a shaking mess on the dirt and floor. "Your family murdered everything that I have ever loved and they took everything that I could love."

"But I did none of these things." I sobbed my body and voice shaking from both fear and the cold.

"But you will." Her voice was quiet but the wind carried her tones all the same. Her hands rose as my sobs continued, and her voice shook with power.

"By your hand the one you love the most will die, after and only after you both say those three words. I love you."

For years I avoided love like the plague until the prophecy was merely a dream and the memory of it no longer clouded my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How can you not like this?" The Knights threw their accusing words at me and I laughed.

"I have never liked apples." I truthfully stated, watching the Knights stuff their faces full of fresh apple pie.

"Gwen has prepared it specially," Leon winked at me as I strode over to the table, plucking a grape from the bunch before taking a seat next to Gwaine.

"What is the occasion?" I questioned picking another grape off the table, placing it into my mouth with glee.

"Must there be an occasion?" Gwaine questioned as the rest of the knight's gazes averted mine.

"Gwaine,"  I started my tone half harsh with my eyebrows raised.

"We are celebrating your birth." Gwaine grinned as my mouth dropped.

"How did you find out my birthday? I questioned softly my voice shaking.

"I-uh," the Knights all stuttered but I met each of their eyes.

"Tell me how." I repeated my voice stronger this time.

"Merlin told us," Gwaine mumbled under his breath and I sighed, mentally cursing telling the boy. "Do not be mad at him I wanted him to tell me." 

"Why?" I questioned turning to look at the frustratingly gorgeous man. 

"A beautiful girl like you should celebrate on her birthday." I blushed under his words, instantly forgetting why I was angry in the first place. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Crying, I ran through the castle, tears streaming down my cheeks. I just got news from my mother that my brother, my only brother, had died. I had never even imagined losing my brother. When I was younger I would tease him saying I wished to be an only child, but I never imagined losing him. 

A strong pair of arms dragged me out from the hallway and into a room. Recognising his face I buried my face into Gwaine's chest. His arms wrapped around me, giving me slight comfort, as his hands stroked across the back of my head. I opened my mouth to explain why I was crying but nothing but sobs came out. 

"I know, I heard." He whispered his voice calming my mind but my sobs continued. 

"He is gone, I cannot believe he is gone." I sobbed pulling away and Gwaine's hands stoked across my cheeks.