Gwaine- shattered love

A/n this (y/n/n) means your nick name by the way. Don't forget to like and comment!

"Please be careful!" My brother Arthur shouted at me as I departed his chambers after informing him that I was going into Camelots centre.

"I am going to the market Arthur, is my safety really going to be threatened there?" I called after him as I walked down the halls towards the exit of the castle. I heard his unintelligible reply which was followed by a few curse words as I believed he dropped the book he was holding onto his feet. I rolled my eyes, turning a corner bumping straight into someone's hard chest.

"Princess." A mans voice came from above me as his hands gripped my forearms to stop me from falling. I looked upwards to fortunately see a familiar face, although this face happened to send shivers down my spine.

"Sir Gwaine." I coldly said. Maybe a year or so ago I gave Gwaine my heart and he turned against me and trampled it. We were in a serious relationship and I had loved him so much that simply thinking of him put a smile on my face. Nowadays it places a sour taste in my mouth and makes my heart heavy.

"How are you?" He questioned genuine concern in his tone. My hard expression softened but my voice remained cold.

"I have been better thank you, how about yourself?" I attempted to act like I didn't care but deep down I did. Even though he hurt me so bad I never thought I could be myself again, I still care. I still care if he feels sad or lonely and I still care wether he is happy or loved. Why do I have to still care?

"Oh don't be like that y/n/n," he started, his pain laced throughout his voice. I desperately tried to hide my flinch knowing that I caused his pain but I knew how much hurt he caused me and it was no use. I know he saw it.

"Don't be like what?" Anger that I've hidden for so long came through causing my voice to shake. He stayed silent as I glared daggers, my gaze never leaving his eyes.

"You know what." He sighed, running a hand through his soft hair that my fingers yearned to stroke.

"If you don't mind, I will be going now." I moved to go past him but he sidestepped blocking my path.

"Don't end this like-"

"Like what? Like you didn't kiss another girl. Like you didn't sleep with her all the while knowing I was waiting for you to come back." I spoke through gritted teeth, my pain and anguish coming through my voice. "So tell me Gwaine, don't end this like what?" He stayed silent for a few agonising seconds before he looked up in my eyes.

"Don't end it like you don't care." His eyes looked into mine reminding me of every time I looked into them and fell in love. But today was the first day that I felt nothing. No happy feelings came drifting up nor did any affectionate feelings make my heart twist. Instead I stared into his eyes and felt nothing.

"I don't." My voice cracked with the lie. Although I no longer loved him like I used to, I still cared as I still wanted him to be happy.

"You no longer love me?" His own voice cracked as tears slowly welled up in his eyes, making them misty.

"No Gwaine." I turned away, my own tears burning in my eyes as resisted the urge to run back into my chambers. I wanted to run away from him. Away from our shattered love.

"I no longer love you."