merlin- Honeymoon (for merlins_khlaseei)

"Do you Merlin take y/f/n to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The man marrying us said as I looked into the eyes of the only man i will ever love.

"I do." His voice cracked as he answered, tears falling down his face.

"Do you y/f/n take Merlin to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Happy tears fell down my face as I answers my voice like merlins cracking.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." He said and I grinned my hands shook in his as he squeezed them gently. The man turned to Merlin a small smile on his face. "You may kiss the bride." No hesitation sparked in either of us as our lips touched together. I was reminded of the first time we kissed and next and the next and it never felt any different. The same feeling I felt when I first saw him jolted through me as we kissed for the first time as a married couple. We pull away and I grin up at him, at my husband before we re walk down the aisle this time hand in hand. On either side of us I can see all our friends and family, a fair few of them chocked up. There is even the slight glint of a tear on Arthur's eyes as we walk past before he brushes it away smiling at us.

"Have you got everything?" Arthur questioned for the fifth time in the last two minutes.

"Yes." I sighed as Merlin secured our pack on the horse.

"Are you sure?" Arthur persisted and I laughed, shaking my head at him.

"I am sure. " I grinned at him before giving him a hug, my face pressed into his chest. I squeezed him gently before letting go as I stared into the eyes of a man that's been like my brother for years. My eyes gained the misty quality that they do when I'm about to cry. I sniffed as he laughed at me before he turned to Merlin clapping him on the shoulder.

"Take care of her."

"Will do." Merlin winked at me as I rolled my eyes. The boys helped me up onto the horse then Merlin climbed on behind me his arms circled around my waist as I took the reigns. Normally the women would be behind but Merlin can not be trusted in control of the horse.

It was sunset by the time we arrived at the tavern Merlin had picked for us. It was set up right by a beautiful lake with the sun right in the horizon. Merlin helped me climb off the horse before taking my hand leading me through the tavern. As we passed the innkeeper Merlin nodded to him as he dragged me through a door and up a small set of stairs. He stopped suddenly pressing me up against the wall giving me a small peck on the lips.

"Close your eyes." He whispered his breath fanning my face. I did so before he took my hands in his and guided me forwards. I heard the opening and closing of a door before he whispered for me to open my eyes. I did so and gasped once I saw the room. Candles made an pathway to the bed which was covered with my favourite flower petals.

"Merlin," I breathed as I looked around the room.

"Do you like it? Please tell me you like it, you know what I can change it-" Merlin rambled before I stalked over to him pressing lips to his. What started as a simple act to shut him up ended as us waking up tangled in the sheets the next morning.

"Morning," his husky voice whispers as I snuggled further down in his chest.

"Morning," I said back grinning at him.

"your so beautiful in the morning," he smiled at me biting his lip. "Shame your breath stinks!" I gasp slapping his chest gently.

"I can't believe I married an idiot." I joking whispered looking him in the eye.

"But a handsome idiot granted" he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"You wish hunny." I whispered back grinning. I snuggled back into his chest as he kissed the top of my head. 

Nothing's better than lying in the arms of my love.