Merlin- mhmm

I knock gently on the door to Arthur's chambers and enter when I hear him call.
"Ah, Lilian what can I do for you?" He questions and I bite my lip wondering if I could ask him. After all he is the king but then again we have been friends for several years. Before he met Merlin, before that mystical being ruined me.
"I was wondering if we could talk?" I ask rather pathetically and his expression softens. The face I grew up with melts into place not the stone hard king that I have come to know.
"Of course we can," relief floods through me and I nod helpless. "Sit." He gestures to his bed and I sit in the middle crossing my legs. He comes and sits beside me and i am reminded of the childhood times when we would sit and talk for hours in this room about everything and nothing.
"I hope I am not interrupting anything," I apologise smiling weakly at him and he shakes his head.
"I would stop anyway for you." He smiles at me, that same smile that I've known for years. "I always do." I sigh and rest my hands against my temples.
"I have messed everything up Arthur." I complain sighing into my hands.
"Why do you believe you have?" He questions. "Which you most likely have not." He adds smiling at me.
"It is Merlin." I start moaning and he cuts me off.
"Ah yes I have heard both sides in this one." He confesses and my eyes widen.
"Maybe I should not tell you then." I make to leave but he grabs my worst stopping me.
"Do not be silly." He frowns at me. "You have been my friend practically since birth lil." His childhood pet name for me warms my heart and I smile relaxing slightly.
"That boy is so confusing at times." I state groaning at him.
"Defiantly." He nods thoughtfully.
"One moment he is being friendly and flirty and the next he is blanking me!" I moan throwing my face into one of his pillows.
"Mhmm," he intelligently says and I look up only slightly angry.
"Mhmm? What do you mean mhmm?" I question as he winces.
"That may be my fault." He confesses and my jaw locks as I glare him in the eye.
"What did you do?" I ask through clenched teeth.
"May or may not have told him that if he hurt you I would break both of his legs and watch them burn in a fire." He runs a hand through his hair and I throw a pillow at him.
"You absolute idiot headed prat!" I glare at him as he winces looking at the pillow. "You knew I had feelings for him!"
"What is in these pillows rocks?" He looks quizzically at them so I throw another one.
"FOCOUS CLOT POLE!" I shout when a cough interrupts us. I turn and my heart lurches up into my throat when I spot Merlin there looking guilty.
"You stole my word." He smiles slightly and my anger turns on him.
"How much did you hear?" I choke out and he shrugs apologetically.
"Since mhmm." He confess and I groan in embarrassment.
"Outside! Both of you!" Arthur orders pulling me to his feet. I struggle against him but him and his muscles are to powerful for me and he practically pushes me against Merlin. I trip on my feet and slowly fall forwards into merlins chest as Arthur pushes us  both out the door. Still angry I refuse to look at him when he speaks.
"You have feelings for me?" He questions throwing the words I had used at me. I grunt in response ignoring the fact that his voice sent tingles down my back. Slowly I raise my eyes to his and I find him staring back down at me. His eyes flicker to my pursed lips before back up to my eyes.
"You are annoying." I whisper feeling my heart rattle around its cage.
"I know." He whispers back as he slowly leans forward.
"And idiotic," I add as he leans even further down.
"That too." He whispers as my hands raise cupping his head my fingers in his hair and his hands rest on my waist.
"And-" I start before he cuts me off.
"I am madly in love with you." He finishes making my heart have a rampage as he bends down lowering his soft lips to touch gently against mine.