Arthur- The Forest Girl

A/n this imagine is requested by @TheMazeRunner90. I know this isn't exactly what you requested but I got slightly carried away on describing the forest scenes. Please let me know if you want me to write an alternative ending or something.

Exasperated I sighed as both Merlin and I rode on throughout the woods, Merlin's natural babble of useless words continuing on like a ever ending stream and it was slowly driving me insane.

"Merlin have you ever heard of a certain type of magic?" I questioned looking over at the boy. He shut his mouth, pursing his lips before shaking his head.

"What type of magic?"

"It is called silence you should try it sometime." I turned to look ahead, my eyes now focusing on the road that lay before us.

"Nope," He shook his head from beside me causing me to visibly roll my eyes. "Never heard of it." He continued to talk about nonsense and I was desperately trying to drown his frustrating monotone voice out.

A whimper sounded and I spun my head, thinking it was Merlin, to see him firmly planted on his horse still rambling on. The whimper sounded again, louder this time and I pulled my horse to a stop my ears desperately listening to hear the source of the noise.

"Merlin shut up." I climbed down off the horse, holding out a hand to silence him but he continued to talk. "Seriously Merlin shut up." Finally being quiet, he noticed I had climbed off my horse.

I led the beautiful mare over to a tree stop tying the reigns there before the whimper sounded again, louder and clearer.

"It sounds like a girl." Merlin commented as he followed my lead, climbing off his horse tying her to a tree branch. This time a scream sounded, as if whoever was making the noise were being stabbed repeatedly in the chest.

I drew my sword as we walked into the gathering of trees that surround the road. The whimpering was getting persistently louder as we crept along the forest, on the look out for anything that could lead us to the girl. As we slowly neared a small clearing the sound grew louder with each step we took. The girl had started to sob, her obvious pain too overwhelming.

"There!" Merlin clapped his hand on my shoulder whilst using his other hand to point out a small hunched figure curled on the floor by a tree. Merlin removed his hand and we rushed forward towards the girl, myself leading the way and Merlin shortly on my heels.

In seconds we had reached the her, and she slowly lifted up her head to look up at us. Tears and pain stained her beautiful face which caused me to stop in my tracks. Her striking eyes were glistening as tear after tear fell, leaving streaks down her cheeks. A single piece of hair was stuck to her face where her tears had made her skin wet and yet she's she's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

Slowly I knelt before her and her eyes instantly flickered to my sword. I put it down slowly opening my hands to show her I had no weapon.

"We mean you no harm." She nodded at my words, relaxing her head back as more tears fell. "Where are you injured?"

"My ankle," Before she continued she lifted her skirt slowly to reveal a largely swollen purple ankle covered in tiny cuts and bruises. "And well-" She removed her hand from her side to reveal a large hole in her shirt, where a gaping wound lay underneath the clothing on the skin.

"Merlin go fetch our supplies from the horses." In an instant Merlin shot off, and I turned back to the girl. In the short time Merlin was gone I ripped a strip of my shirt and bound it around the girls torso to stop the bleeding on her gushing wound. Merlin had returned in seconds copying my movements and kneeling beside me. I leant back and let Merlin work, this may be the only thing I do not know how to do and he does.