Gwaine-dark eyes (for Emz54321)

I ran away, as fast as my legs could take me. Screams filled the air as I continued to run through the burning kingdom. Houses crumbled around me, the burning embers falling down like black snow. Ash and smoke filled the streets and my lungs, causing an unhealthy cough to erupt from them as I ran. People were screaming for help as I ran past their burning houses, the horrifying sound forever echoing in my ears. Children were crying and parents were screaming and my head was pounding. I looked away from my feet for a simple millisecond but a millisecond too long for what I saw broke my heart.

A young girl with brown plaits down her head was standing in the middle of the road crying. She was screaming out for her mother, again and again and over again. But her mother didn't reply. I stopped in my tracks turning around, my intention to help the little girl with a tear stained face as I spotted a man coming up behind her. At first I thought he was going to help her but then he pulled out a sword and slashed the little girls throat. I screamed, the sound raw from the smoke and the man looked up, his evil face stained with blood as the girl fell down, dead. His dark eyes bore into mine, before I turned, fresh tears in my eyes, and ran.

My legs burned along with the kingdom as I pushed myself forward. I could hear the man following behind me so I pushed onwards, begging my feet not to let me down. I looked back to see the man closer than I would like, causing me to jump forwards. But as I landed I lost my footing and fell onto the hard floor. I felt bones crack as I fell downwards. I screamed at the immediate immense pain but yet I crawled forward. A hand on my neck lifted me upright, and I stared into the mans dark eyes. Tears fell and my lip shook as my feet were lifted higher off the ground.

"What do we have here?" The man sneered his yellow teeth glinting in the flames. He brought out a small knife running it along my cheek as he smiled at me. Blood trickled down from the wound as I desperately tried to keep my expression like a statue when inside I was terrified.

"Let me go." I chocked out my voice trembling with fear.

"Ah darling that's not how this works." He whispered bringing his drunken breath onto my face.

"You heard the girl let her go." At the intruders voice the drunken man dropped me to the floor where I crumpled, gasping for breath, too weak to move as he moved to step in front of me. I looked up to see a man with dark hair dressed in chain mail. His sword was in his hand and a red cape was thrown over his shoulders.

"And who are you?" The drunken man swayed in the spot, twiddling his knife in his hand and his sword in his belt.

"Sir Gwaine, Knight of Camelot."  His voice was strong as he spoke and relief flooded through my veins. "You and your men have turned this kingdom into havoc and it stops now." His was hard and his face was unmoving. "So I will ask again, let the girl go."

"Try and stop me." The man shouted turning back around me brining his knife down. It slashed through a layer of skin on my stomach, bleeding through my clothes as I screamed in utter agony. Blood poured out of my wound and my vision started to blur. I saw Sir Gwaine attack the drunken man aggressively as their swords clashed together. I closed my eyes and the world seemed to freeze. I opened them again and I was in Sir Gwaine's arms as he lifted me off the ground. I caught a glimpse of the drunken mans slashed and beaten body and took no joy. I turned my head away as the screams of the kingdom came back.

"The fires," I breathed out and Gwaine looked down at me as he started to move. "You have to stop the fires."

"My men are already on it, we need to get you safe first.." I nodded at his reply and I felt my hand grip his arm as shooting pains ran through my stomach causing me to sob. I closed my eyes and I felt time pass around me when shouting woke me up.

"You found her!" I opened my eyes to see sir Gwaine kneeling beside me and the King of Camelot running forwards. He smiled gently at me, wiping away the sweat on my forehead.

"Who did I find?" Gwaine stood meeting the King in conversation.

"Did you not know? That is y/n the princess of this kingdom." At the Kings words Gwaine looked over at me. "Look I have to go but watch her with your life okay?" The King shouted running away to tend to the screams of the surrounding people. Gwaine walked back over to me and sat down beside me.

"Princess huh?" He smiled and I nodded trying to control my breathing. "I heard the princess was beautiful, I did not quite realise quite how much." I smiled gently at Gwaine before wincing at the pain. Tears welled in my eyes as I thought back the urge to scream. "Shhh it's okay." Gwaine whispered kissing my forehead gently.

"Am I going to die?" I whispered as his fingers stroked my hair.

"I do not know." He truthfully answered his voice cracking ever so slightly. "But whatever happens I promise I will not leave your side." He whispers leaning down pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. It only lasted a second but that simple second left tingles on my lips and the best feeling in my chest.

"I wouldn't mind dying, not with you here," I whispered tears falling.

"Do not talk like that, you will be fine. Once you are healed I will get to know you properly I promise." I nodded at his soothing voice and touch.

"That would be nice." I whisper my voice weak. "Gwaine," I start before I close my eyes whispering those lost words.

"See you when I wake up."

-------------------------------------------------------
A/n oh my god I didn't mean to do that!!!! This is not what the request was for and I totally understand if you want it redone. I like it but it is not what I intended to happen!