Merlin- Caught

Being the princess of Camelot was hard, there are so many expectations to live up to but being sister to Arthur was harder. He had his own expectations and was constantly reminding me about how we look to the people. It was never that bad when we were little but now he has become king it is worse. Somehow the secrets of the kingdom never seemed to escape him and he knows everything about a lot of people, making it virtually impossible to keep a secret from him and sadly I had a big one to hide. I happened to be in love with his manservant who possesses magic. I am one of the few who know this and it is crucial that Arthur does not find out, about either of them.

I felt myself being gently shaken awake while someone was murmuring in my ear. I groaned swatting at the person rolling over onto my side.  My ears picked up a soft chuckle as the hands tried to shake me again.

"Y/n," a voice murmured into my ear but I simply groaned in reply. The hands rolled me onto my front making me moan when I felt a pair of lips trace across my neck. Familiar to the touch my eyes opened when the lips pulled away.

"The princess awakens." Merlin whispers as I sit up yawning.

"No thanks to you," I groaned making him chuckle. "Nice tactic by the way." I winked at him making him laugh the sound echoing around my room. As Merlin sat him self on the end of my bed I frowned deeply at him opening my arms.

"What if someone comes in?" He argues causing me to shake my head sighing.

"Trust me." I smiled at him before he started to move. He crawled up the bed until he was sitting right in front of my curled up knees grinning up at me. Raising his hands he pushed them apart before I launched myself into his arms. We fell back laughing our legs tangled together, myself suspended over him. I repositioned myself so I was straddling his waist as he brought his hands down my sides settling on my hips. Grinning I slowly leaned down until our foreheads were touching. Teasing I kissed his neck slowly making my way up to his lips. His hands tightened around my hips squeezing them slightly as I kissed each corner of his mouth.

"Just kiss me." He whispered before pushing his lips against mine. My hands roamed up his chest and they tangled themselves into his hair as I deepened the once innocent kiss. Merlin's hands slid up and down my sides before supporting my back as he sat up never breaking the kiss. Filled with desire my fingers started to play with the hem of his shirt. Merlin and I were always careful and we never have never taken it all the way before but I wanted to I so wanted to. Just as I was lifting up his top he pulled away and hurt filled me.

"I hear something." He whispered and fear now replaced hurt. I listened closely only to hear heavy footsteps approaching my door. I pushed myself off of Merlin climbing back into my bed as he ran towards the window pretending to fix the curtains. Three knocks sounded at the door and I looked over at the room to check everything was in its place. My eyes caught at merlins scruffy hair and I vigorously pointed at it.

"Fix your hair." I mouthed before propping myself up on a pillow as he did so. The knocks sounded again and I took a deep breath before I answered. "Come in." Arthur entered looking grim and instantly I knew what was about to happen.

"We need to talk." He gruffly said and Merlin started to leave the room. "You too Merlin." I could feel the suspense drifting around us and I gulped nervously. "I know your secret." He looked at Merlin. "I know that y/n here knows to."

"Arthur I-" I tried to start but he cut me off holding a hand up.

"No need to explain just don't let it happen again." He said and I looked over at Merlin confused.

"But we can't just turn this off." I said gesturing between Merlin and I. Arthur's features fill with confusion.

"What are you on about?" He questions his eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you on about?" I question the very same look planted into my face.

"You and Merlin have been stealing my food, why what are you on about?" 

And like that the tension in the air drops and I sigh in complete relief looking over at Merlin who is grinning. Shaking my head I turn to answer Arthur a smile on my lips.

"Nothing, nothing at all."