Arthur- promises (for chole_winchester17)

If you had met me a month ago you would have seen a poor girl dressed in drags most likely drunk on mead. She would have told you that her brother was a traitor and that some time ago he had left her to travel to a distant land called Camelot. If you could see me now in this moment you would never have thought that we are the same person. I am dressed in a lady's fighting gear riding a horse along side my brother and a prince. My brother Merlin and I are the closest we have been since we were very young and he is the cause for the smile I am wearing. He serves an arrogant prince called Arthur who I have fallen helplessly for.
As we canter through the woods I look across the trees laughing at the look on Merlin's face as he struggles to control the horse. Arthur follows my gaze and laughs with me as Merlin almost gallops into a tree.
"You never have been good with horses have you?" I shout across grinning at him. He scoffs half heartedly glaring at me when Arthur speaks up.
"I'm surprised he even knew how to get on it!" Arthur laughs and Merlin sends his glares towards him. I laugh again the sound filling my chest with joy as Arthur and I slow to a stop and turn waiting for Merlin to catch us up. He does and we decide to take a rest. Using the reigns I lead my gorgeous chestnut horse to the nearest tree. I spot a low hanging branch and look around. Merlin is getting food supplies out of his bag and Arthur is building a fire. Satisfied that they weren't paying attention I wish for the reigns to tie themselves into the tree. Feeling my eyes turn gold and a ripple of joy shoot through me the reigns tie themselves tightly into the tree. I turn smiling slightly when Merlin shakes his head at me. Just because you're so unless at it I moan to myself as I take a seat in the forest floor being careful not to sit on my sword. I poke the now blooming fire with a stick then throw it in enjoying the calming sound of the crackle.
A crack echoes through the woods and I share a worried glance with Arthur. He stands pulling out his sword and I do the same. Merlin slowly and warily stands when an arrow shoots past Arthur's head.
"Get down!" I shout as more arrows whiz past our heads narrowly missing. I duck as a man dresses in black jumps over me. The world seems to slow and I pull out my sword slashing my attacker in his feet. Out of the corner of my eye I see Arthur fighting with his attacker and Merlin using his magic to help as much as possible. Focusing my energy, I feel the pulses of the rocks around me and I pull slightly. As my eyes flash gold rocks fall into my attacker making him fall to the floor his body now limp. I turn away ignoring the pang in my chest and I run towards Arthur. His arm is bleeding and his attacker knocked his sword out of his hands. He falls backwards and a scream erupts from my mouth causing the swords around us to rattle and fall to the floor all except Arthur's attacker. Smirking he slashes the sword downwards and without thinking I throw myself in front of Arthur knowing that I cannot live in a world where he is not. The sword pierces through my chest and blood seeps out of the wound. He pulls the sword out and I choke on the blood left in my mouth. I fall to my knees spitting and choking on blood and see Arthur angrily kill our attacker. I press my hands to the wound and fall backward but not before he catches me. He places my head in his lap and Merlin runs over to us. Blood trickles down my mouth but the pain in my chess loosens as Merlin screams in agony. Tears fall down his face as he scrunched up into a ball screaming.
"Merlin." I start licking my dry lips which taste of blood. "Stop being so dramatic." I moan and gasp for breath. "It is only a flesh wound." I try to joke but a jolt of pain shoots up my side as Arthur moves me so he is cradling me in his arms. Agony streaming across his face, Merlin runs away shouting words I can not understand. I believe him to be shouting for his dragon but I cannot be sure.
"There was a time." I say Arthur's tears on my face. "When I dreamed you would hold me like this." I spit out some blood coughing and groan.
"We still, have time just hold on and I will take you to Gauis." He pants but weakly I raise a hand and cup his cheek.
"Please don't leave." Soft words stream from my mouth and I'm shocked when he replies.
"I promise I will not leave you as long as you do not leave me." His tears drip into my face and they mix with my own bloodshot ones. 
"My times running out Arthur I cannot make any promises." He lets out a soft cry and he holds me tighter.
"Then I will make more time!" He exclaims his hard angry words shooting through me.
"You cannot." I feel the life drifting from me and tears fall and my chest rises as I breathe deeply. "My times up Arthur just don't leave me." Fear trickles through my voice and he nods in defeat.
"I promise I will not." He kisses my forehead hard and long tears falling down both of our faces. He strokes my hair as I let loose a sob and Merlin comes back into my blurred view. "We both do." Arthur says looking at Merlin who nods. He kneels down beside me and kisses my cheek with his lips that are stained with his tears. I raise my hands and cup Arthur and Merlin's face as I take my last breath. My hands limply fall as I die in the arms of the ones I love.