Arthur- Stolen (for iZombie_love_lowell)

Y/n PoV
Being in love is never easy, especially if the person you love doesn't know you exist. It's stolen glances and the fast beating of a stolen heart as you try to work up the courage to talk to them. Being in love is hard as it is, even without the person you love being the prince and the person who's father you work for.

I was doing my daily round of work around the castle when a sneeze echoed throughout the empty halls. Gripping the basket in my hands I looked around me seeing a small alcove. A shadow hid in the corner and I took a step forward, my eyes squinting to see the figure.

"Sire?" I questioned once my eyes revealed a shrunken looking Arthur huddled in the corner. He pressed a single finger to his lips, the other hand grabbing my wrist pulling me into him. I dropped the basket, the sound echoing, as I found myself pressed up against the Princes chest.

"You did not see me." He whispers his breath fanning my face when a shouting echoed around the halls.

"Arthur?" The voice belonged to none other than the King himself. A panicked look crossed over Arthur's face as he gently pulled me backwards by the waist.

"Don't move." He whispered his lips brushing against my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I mentally shook myself, I couldn't go thinking about Arthur that way.

"Arthur?" The King shouted again, this time his voice closer than before. We held our breath as the King walked past us, not paying attention to the baker on the ground. Slowly I leant forward to see the Kings cape swish around the corner.

"We safe?" Arthur whispered his breath on the back of my neck. I breathed inwards trying to ignore the tingles it sent down my spine.

"We are safe," I confirmed, reluctantly stepping away from Arthur as he let go of me. My heart panged at the loss of contact as I bent over picking up the basket and its spilt contents.

"Allow me," Arthur knelt down beside me, picking up whatever was in the basket.

"You really don't have to," I started as we both reached towards the same piece of fabric. Our hands brushed. I gasped at how the simple touch sent tingles of desire down my arm, right the way to my heart. I stood clutching the once again full basket, as Arthur stood with me handing me the last piece of cloth. "Thank you." He nodded and we stood awkwardly in the middle of the corridor. "I should go-

"I have to attend to-"

We both chuckled at our synchronised outburst, I gestured behind me, smiling at the blonde haired prince.

"See you around-" he started, being cut off at mid-sentence by his own lack of words. Hurt panned through me when I realised this. He didn't even know my name.

"Y/n," I finished, before the pain of his actions closed my throat completely.

"Right," and before my heart could shatter anymore, I turned away on my heel, stalking away from the charmer of a prince.

Arthur PoV

I sighed at my foolish self when clapping sounded from behind me. I turned angrily around only to find Merlin leaning against the column smirking his stupid cheekbones off. My anger diminishes but of course I wasn't going to let him know that.

"Pretending you did not know her name," he smirks and I shake my head at the dark haired boy. "Smart move sire." Sarcasm drips from every letter and I clench my fists. "I cannot figure out why you cannot allow yourself to like her."

"Then don't." I state turning on my heel and walking away. Of course Merlin follows behind me. I shake my head in annoyance, this boy is hard to shake.

"Arthur, I have never seen you like this." He frantically states, practically panting as I speed my pace up. "She gets you riled up like no one does."

"Merlin," I warn but he carries on, as always ignoring me.

"No, you like her and you will not admit it." He carries on and my jaw clenches.

"Merlin,"

"Just admit to yourself you love her!"

"MERLIN!" I shout stopping in my tracks. I look around to see shocked faces of the public as I grab his collar pulling him into the nearest room. "Just shut up will you!" I sigh, my pain obvious. "For once in your life shut up."

"No." Defiance rings throughout his tone and features  and I sigh inwardly. Noticing my change in mood he sighs to leaning against the wall. "Why can you not admit you like her, Arthur?"

"It is too hard." I admit my voice cracking along with every piece of my body. "I cannot admit I like her to myself without knowing I cannot pursue it."

"Why can't you?" He starts cutting me off as I go to speak. "Other than yourself who is stopping you." I think through his words, slowly realising he is right. The idiot who cannot clean armour is right. "She has stolen something from you, something that I haven't seen happen before. Arthur she stole your heart and without you realising you had hers. Go fix the mess you have created before you shatter both of your hearts." I nod, mentally preparing myself as I walk out the room we entered, not looking back, however I wasn't prepared to meet a crying girl. Especially when she is the girl I love. I kneel in front of her sobbing body, huddled in a discreet corner of the castle.

"Y/n," she looks up at me, her once bright eyes gone, for they are now tinged with red from her tears. "I am so sorry y/n." I whisper desperately wanting to fix the mess.

"Do not pretend like you care." She says, her voice raw from sobbing.

"I do care, I care more than you will ever know." I reply and she scoffs at my answer. "Y/n I like you," I start preparing myself for this long speech. "To hell with it." I whisper as I lean forward pressing my lips up against hers. She squeals in shock before instantly releasing agonist my touch. My hands reach up to cup her tear stained face as her arms wrap around my neck pulling me closer. Animals dance in my veins, as blood rushes around my body. the feeling of her against me is a feeling I never want to forget. We pull away, breathing against each other as I press my lips against her forehead. "Y/n you stole my heart."

"And you stole mine," she whispers back and I breath a sigh in relief.

"I guess we are stolen partners then?" I whisper and she nods against me.

"I like the sound of that." She grins before pressing her lips back to mine.

As I kiss my stolen girl.