Arthur- something more (for forgxtten_memories)

A/N Sorry i haven't been posting recently!!!! For the past week i have been quite ill but i promise i will be back to posting!! Side note I went to post it but for some reason it deleted the second half!!! Grrrrr!! Anyway Don't forget to comment and vote!

To get home everyday I had to walk through the ever so daunting forest of Eden. The forest where magical creatures are thought to rest and supposedly where druids camp. Personally I did not believe these rumors, as I have not come across anything across the ordinary. That was until today at least.

A groaning sound caused me to stop in my tracks, looking around me only to see nothing there. I shook my head, believing I must have imagined it when the groaning sound rang throughout the forest again.

"Hello?" I called out, twirling on the spot. My eyes spotted a wounded figure in the distance, lying on the forest floor dressed in chain mail. Squinting I leaned forwards only to see the one and only King of Camelot, lying on the floor injured. Immediately my first thought was to run away and to pretend I did not see him, but deep down I knew that that was morally wrong. Going against all the warning bells ringing in my head, I stepped forward. I reached the King in a matter of seconds and foolishly I had not prepared anything to say. He looked up at me, his blue eyes filled with pain, and smiled. I smiled back, gathering up the nerve to talk.

"Do you require assistance sire?" I questioned as the wind blew my cloak around my feet. His features were rather angelic with his sandy blonde hair and blue eyes, but unfortunately my angelic idea i had about him faded as he opened his mouth and talked.

"I do not require assistance from a Lady." He looked away from me as I bit back a snark remark, remembering to have respect. He is the king after all.

"Not trying to be rude sire, but you are bleeding out onto the forest floor." As if on instinct he moved his hand to cover his side wound. He opened his mouth, as if to reply but stopped himself, realizing that he had no rational argument. "At least let me look at it."

"No need, I am sure my knights will be around soon." Arrogance filled his voice and I pursed my lips in annoyance. If he was not the king that I would have left him to bleed out onto the floor by now.

"It could get infected." I pointed out and he sighed in defeat. Gesturing for me to take a look, I crouched beside him, my hands gently touching the wound. He sharply sucked in a breath, wincing as I gently pulled at the chain mail. "Sorry." I sheepishly smiled at him, to find him looking down at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes. It wasn't annoyance, in fact it rather looked like he was impressed.

"You seem to know what you are doing." He commented as I ripped off the bottom of my cloak, wrapping it gently around his torso.

"My mother was the village physician." Painful memories pushed upwards making me feel nauseous but I ignored them carrying on. "You tend to pick up a few things." 

"Still you seem very talented."  He complimented as I wrapped the last layer of my cloak, tying it into a knot.

"That whole eye smiling isn't going to work on me. You may be a king sire but your an arrogant one." I finished, standing, brushing myself off. I started to walk away when he called after me.

"Wait." He called and i sighed turning around to face him, clenching my jaw. "What is your name?"

"Y/n." I replied, holding my tongue to stop myself from saying anything else.

"I have never been spoken to like that before." He started and I looked down in shame. I should have known not to speak like a king like that. "Thank you." I looked up at him in confusion as he clarified his statement. "It is nice to know what people actually think of me, not the clouded version that they think I want to hear." He nods at me walking away and this time I call out for him.

"Sire!" He turns, a smile etching onto the corners of his lips.

"Please call me Arthur." I smiled.

"Camelot is on my way home if you require any assistance walking back?" I gently asked and he smiled.

"Are you asking? Or is the clouded version asking?" He questioned smiling at me. My chest tightened for an unknown reason as I smiled back at the King in front of me.

"I'm asking."

"In that case I will accept." I walked over to him as he limped closer and a surge of courage shot through me. I pecked his cheek gently before looking away, the corner of my eye catching a blush rising into his cheeks. We started walking down the road to Camelot and deep down I hoped something more.